NEurope
madeinbeats

Rayman Legends

How do the music levels work on the other consoles?

Like any other platforming level, you run, jump and what not.

The one I played on the Wii U (a year ago) was similiar from what I recall...are they different?

Like any other platforming level, you run, jump and what not.

The one I played on the Wii U (a year ago) was similiar from what I recall...are they different?

Oh I don't know... for some reason I thought the music levels they've always demoed on Wii U were about interacting with the background by tapping along on the Gamepad whilst Rayman ran, clearing obstacles and bad guys etc... for him in time with the music. Edited by Retro_Link

It could be. As I said, I've not played a music level on the Wii U since last July.

Digital Foundry: Rayman Legends Is Fantastic On All Platforms, Wii U Is The Definitive Version

Tech analysis site Digital Foundry has compared the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U versions of the recently released Rayman Legends. The publication says that the Wii U version of the game is the definitive version*as imagined by its creators, and does so by introducing GamePad-exclusive mechanics that are well thought out and that never feel like cheap gimmicks. However, Digital Foundry says that the game is an outstanding release on all platforms, with the modified Wii U gameplay mechanics mostly come off as a complete success on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

“Overall, it’s clear that the Wii U offers up the definitive version of the game as imagined by its creators, and does so by introducing GamePad-exclusive mechanics that are well thought out and that never feel like cheap gimmicks. But at the same time Rayman Legends is an outstanding release on all platforms, and an essential purchase regardless of which format you happen to own. The modified Wii U gameplay mechanics mostly come off as a complete success on the 360, PS3 and PC, and the increased focus on more traditional Rayman gameplay in these sections makes for an equally compelling alternative, if not the preferred choice for the more traditionalist gamer not that keen on touchscreen or motion-based gameplay features.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/02/digital-foundry-rayman-legends-is-fantastic-on-all-platforms-wii-u-is-the-definitive-version/

Suck on that Gamespot.

Oh I don't know... for some reason I thought the music levels they've always demoed on Wii U were about interacting with the background by tapping along on the Gamepad whilst Rayman ran, clearing obstacles and bad guys etc... for him in time with the music.

Nope, you control Rayman as normal. Should be the same across formats.

Go to the buying options.. its £20.99

I've just given it to flubit to see what they can do.

I keep forgetting the Amazon selling may not be the first option... I can wait 2-3 weeks for a bargain like that!

Funny it's only the WiiU one 'sold out' by Amazon. Low stock or most popular version?

Edit:

Free money anyone?

PS3/360 Legends costs £20.99 form Amazon, Amazon will give you £25 trade-in on it... all Free P&P. = £4 Amazon profit?

I don't understand....

Edited by Phube

£20 for this is an absolute steal. I'd be bitter about a price drop so soon but we all expected it, plus the fun I've had so far is worth way more than what I paid at launch.

I'm glad the Vita version only cost £25 from the off. Good price drop for everyone else though.

I ordered this from Amazon thinking I would get it around October time, as it had a 3 week waiting period. I checked my emails this morning and it had been dispatched. I guess they got extra stock in or something.

I ordered this from Amazon thinking I would get it around October time, as it had a 3 week waiting period. I checked my emails this morning and it had been dispatched. I guess they got extra stock in or something.

:( Well mine's not... Still: 'Not yet dispatched'

Boooooooooooo....:cry:

:( Well mine's not... Still: 'Not yet dispatched'

Boooooooooooo....:cry:

I'll send you mine when it arrives as i'm too busy playing Mario Galaxy at the moment. :D

I'll send you mine when it arrives as i'm too busy playing Mario Galaxy at the moment. :D

Lovely, but I'm still playing Pikmin 3 and Arkham Asylum. ..

I decided to have a break from Mario Galaxy and give this a quick go. This turned into me playing it for the best part of the night.

Everything about the game is quite amazing, especially the visuals. There is a nice challenge to the game but it is never frustrating, at least not so far anyway.

I popped on this morning before work to do a couple of levels but ended up doing the daily challenge a few times as David, Dazzy, Sam and a few others had set times on it. I managed to beat Sam but was nowhere near David. I was snapping at the heels of Dazzy though. :D I will be giving it another go once I get in from work and perhaps use a different character as it was really hard to make out who was who as all of us were using Rayman.

I decided to have a break from Mario Galaxy and give this a quick go. This turned into me playing it for the best part of the night.

Everything about the game is quite amazing, especially the visuals. There is a nice challenge to the game but it is never frustrating, at least not so far anyway.

I popped on this morning before work to do a couple of levels but ended up doing the daily challenge a few times as David, Dazzy, Sam and a few others had set times on it. I managed to beat Sam but was nowhere near David. I was snapping at the heels of Dazzy though. :D I will be giving it another go once I get in from work and perhaps use a different character as it was really hard to make out who was who as all of us were using Rayman.

I think the daily challenge is over now (that's why i prefer the weekly ones), but bring it on for future ones :D I went to bed thinking I'd beaten David's time, then woke to a text from him saying he'd beat me, dammit :)

Like you I absolutely love this game, and jus imagine how incredible Mario would be in 2D if Nintendo were brave enough in their art direction (that one starry starry night level in U showed the potential) and in diversity in gameplay; coupled with mario's perfect control and maybe we wouldn't have 2D mario fatigue!

And thanks for reminding me about the ghosts, I somehow must've turned them off!

I got addicted to the daily challenge yesterday. I spent an hour just playing it over and over until I could get a gold, before finally moving on to the main game. I see some of the times were around 20 seconds. There must be some different technique to doing that level to get that time. @Dcubed I think got a time of 20 seconds. What's the secret?

My time was about 29 seconds (Nowhere near the best out there, think the WR is around 20.something seconds!)

The only real tip I can give is that you'll want to stall for a split second when you take off at the start where you activate that first set of lums - in order to let them turn to purple. If you just speed ahead, you'll only get them normal yellow form.

Other than that, just don't miss the lums (IN ORDER!), let yourself fall fast and memorise the layout so that you'll fall right into place for those ones that move in from the side to fly into you.

Yeah, I let them turn purple. I just thought there was some shortcut or something seeing as people have the time down to 20seconds.

Yeah, I let them turn purple. I just thought there was some shortcut or something seeing as people have the time down to 20seconds.

There must be SOMETHING we're missing here. I don't even see how it's possible!

Love this game (on the Xbox), I like that it's not as annoyingly sexist like Rayman Orgins was. It's great that I can play as a character called Emma, who I worked my butt off to unlock.

Bit gutted that the soundtrack isn't as catchy as before, and I'm finding that the fast levels aren't as suited to co-op. One of us keeps getting blocked by tree branches if ever so slightly behind the person in front.

And the challenges! I also spent about an hour trying to beat all my friends, then realised that the best times were about 8 seconds less than mine.. how the hell could someone even do that?!

So, I've been playing a lot more of this game and it's become more and more clear just how far Nintendo have fallen and how lazy they have become.

Visually this game has such a unique style and every level looks fantastic. The gameplay, the platforming especially, is very tight, with pin point jumping and running required for some levels. The gamepad sections are also a joy to play, with touch and motion being used to great effect.

The wealth of options and modes this game offers is staggering. You have the main levels, Rayman Origins levels, daily and weekly challenges. You can also challenge your friends with online leaderboards and track their progress through the game.

I'm actually stunned how superior this game is compared to Nintendos own efforts. Hell, they couldn't even be bothered to put leaderboards on a mini game collection, never mind a platformer.

End rant.

Yeah I completely agree. That's not to say this is loads better than, mario u, I probably slightly prefer icy, but nintendos level design and control is unrivalled. But the art direction, level variety, social aspects and wealth of options and mode is excellent.

Played this through and he big disappointment has arrived:

this world should have been amazing as it's just the music levels. The first two are great, but then it gets stupid. It creates difficulty by just stopping you from actually seeing the level by going fuzzy, It is so bad, so cheap, so utterly stupid it's absolutely halted my desire to play the game, and I was absolutely loving it until this moment.