N-Europe

Guess who's directing....

CompSci

Wtf were you expecting? You should have given up on videogame movies by now.

Unless you're talking about Silent Hill, search for my thread and watch the trailer.

i was expecting that movie studios, would have at least learnt there lesson from past projects, but i guess not, which is quite sad, and can some tell me how, these 2 same directors get paid large salaries even though their movie’s suck?

i was expecting that movie studios, would have at least learnt there lesson from past projects, but i guess not, which is quite sad, and can some tell me how, these 2 same directors get paid large salaries even though their movie’s suck?

Just wondering, but have you ever seen Event Horizon and Alien Vs. Predator (AvP)?

Just wondering, but have you ever seen Event Horizon and Alien Vs. Predator (AvP)?

i have not seen event horizon, but if its anything like Alien (the craptacular, plot hole riddern, why was this movie directed by this idiot) vs predetor then its not worth the celuloid its filmed on.

Can u beleive that the idoit anderson graduated from prestigoues University of Warwick (which 30 mins drive from me)

i have not scene event horizon, but i seen Alien (the craptacular, plot hole riddern, why this movie directed by this idiot) vs predetor.

Actually, i enjoyed Alien vs. Predator, and i think he did quite a good job. The movie is loosely based on the novel "Alien vs. Predator: Prey". If i'm totally honest, he was the right person for the job. In an internet interview, he said how big a fan of the films he was and how he felt it an honour to be given this film to direct. Personally, i think people judge him on the Resident Evil film, which he didn't do THAT badly on.

Actually, i enjoyed Alien vs. Predator, and i think he did quite a good job. The movie is loosely based on the novel "Alien vs. Predator: Prey". If i'm totally honest, he was the right person for the job. In an internet interview, he said how big a fan of the films he was and how he felt it an honour to be given this film to direct. Personally, i think people judge him on the Resident Evil film, which he didn't do THAT badly on.

resident evil was shit, end of

resident evil was shit, end of

exactly!

furthermore in resi evil 2 the movie (forgot its name, which is not a surprise considering how bad it was) any how, it anyone else curse Andersons name, when nemesis, was fighting hand to hand (yes u heard right HAND TO HAND with a human, who kicked its ass) and then subsequently cried? (seriously, no joke) i mean WTF?

The Resident Evil films really aren't THAT bad. I enjoyed them both. There were certain aspects of the films that i agreed with and liked, and there were certain bits i didn't like.

The argument about Nemesis tho, is that deep down it was still human. So it could experience feelings, hence why it cried.

AvP LOOSELY based on the book?! Understatement of the year ALREADY and the year has only just begun!

The only thing it has in common with the book is that it has Alien's Predator's and humans in! This film is an insult to the book!!!

Anderson is a CRAP director! Ihaven't seen a film he's made that is even half-watchable, never mind half-decent!

The Resident Evil films really aren't THAT bad. I enjoyed them both. There were certain aspects of the films that i agreed with and liked, and there were certain bits i didn't like.

The argument about Nemesis tho, is that deep down it was still human. So it could experience feelings, hence why it cried.

Yes but anyone who actually played the games would know that Nemesis doesnt do any of that shit. He kills people until he himself is killed. End of story. Obviously whoever wrote this script tried to make it more meaningful, and consequently made one of the most fearsome bad guys in a game turn out to be a big monster with "feelings". I would expect some crap like that from Disney - not in a Resident Evil movie.

Like Arab Freak, the only hope I currently hold out for game-movies is Silent Hill - possibly because if they wreck that franchise too there will be some serious buttkicking to do.

________

Honda Pc800

Edited by Johelian

liked the resi movies because they were so bad they became funny again. And, admitted, they had some cool action scenes in them, although the whole thing never started flowing. It felt forced.

AvP was a big dissapointment. I mean... so soft and non-gory. Not even some cool action sequences.

Somebody should give the rights for all those game to movies to Tarantino or John Woo or perhaps even Micheal Bay, as the man knows how to do movies full of action and he can handle big budgets. Although Bay's movies are hardly the best, they're pieces of decent entertainment and action from the beginning till the end.

Also, some random thinking here, Lucas should do an fzero movie. Seeing special effects wouldn't be a problem and anyone who saw the race scene in EP I should agree.

And Peter Jackson should do a Zelda movie. He was born for it

i allways thought that IMDB were the most reliable for movie info,

When they post information from anyone...no.

For exmple, they posted a totally made up plot for the Futurama film, which isn't even cofirmed by Fox.

I really enjoyed Doom, Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy because I am not fans of the game. I think fans are far to protective of their favourite genres.

I didn't think Resident Evil was unwatchable. Just be a little less of a fan boy and you can enjoy these films. They are purely to make money and just be a fun pop corn flick. Final Fantasy: Advent Children was really boring as all it seemed to do was just please the fans.