N-Europe

Pigs have taken flight! Atlus finally gets an EU publisher!

Dcubed

And it's SEGA! (Edit: Turns out it's a translation error. It's not happening :( )

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/40373/Sega_to_distribute_Atlus_games_from_April.php

Newsbrief: Sega announced today that it has signed a deal with Index Holdings subsidiary Atlus, that will see Sega distributing the company's games worldwide in the future.

Atlus, best known for its Persona series and the recent, critically acclaimed Catherine, is looking to expands its sales via Sega's extended distribution network.

Sega stated that the deal will help diversify its publishing lineup. The deal is due to take effect from April 2012 onwards.

The last reason to import a US 3DS has fallen! Bring on Devil Survivor Overclocked! :D

Oh happy days, rejoice! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Nice, maybe we'll start getting more Atlus games at last. Ghost Light have been publishing a few of their games recently so I'm surprised it wasn't them.

Shame it came so late for the DS/Wii, might not get some of the Atlus backlog by now.

Nice, maybe we'll start getting more Atlus games at last. Ghost Light have been publishing a few of their games recently so I'm surprised it wasn't them.

Shame it came so late for the DS/Wii, might not get some of the Atlus backlog by now.

Ghostlight were probably too small to be considered. I would've thought that they'd pick Rising Star Games myself.

Maybe there's a smidgen of a chance that they might release Trauma Team in Europe after all? NOE still has a decent lineup scheduled for the Wii and TT would slot in quite neatly at around August/September! (It would be a tragedy not to. It's one of the Wii's very best games!)

It's probably too late for Radiant Historia or the Etrian Odyssee games though. Still, at least they're sure fire candidates for an eventual VC release now!

Good ol' SEGA! Still my favourite company after all these years. :)

Did anyone ever find out what Etrian Odyssey on the 3DS was going to be? Eg. was it a remake or was it Etrian Odyssey 4? Even so, I hope it gets made and brought over here, along with many more Atlus RPGs.

Good ol' SEGA! Still my favourite company after all these years. :)

Damn straight, my friend! : peace:

SHIT! Turns out that it was just a translation error on part of Gamasutra. SEGA will only be publishing in Japan.

I don't know whether to be angry :mad: laugh :laughing: or just cry :weep: What a kick to the nuts :(

Hmm, it'll just happen later then (right? RIGHT??) SEGA is still a third-party publisher worldwide so why not spread some love to the rest of the world mm? :)

This... isn't... true? :cry:

Why can't Atlus just open a European branch. Why can't Nintendo just publish their DS and 3DS games over here? If they can do Xenoblade, Last Story, Inazuma Eleven... then why not take a chance on some Atlus titles!

They have done so before with the Trauma Center games (they were published by NOE), but that's a rarity. You'd think that they'd get the hint by now with how much they've had to struggle to get their games released in the EU.

It's too bad that the publishers for Catherine suck because unlike in America and Japan I have a feeling the game won't sell too well here, and instead of blaming the publishers Atlus will think that Europe isn't interested in their games so they'll continue using crap publishers. Just imagine Persona 5 if that was published by SEGA, they'd do a great job advertising it and get stock to the shops in time.

This... isn't... true? :cry:

Why can't Atlus just open a European branch. Why can't Nintendo just publish their DS and 3DS games over here? If they can do Xenoblade, Last Story, Inazuma Eleven... then why not take a chance on some Atlus titles!

Nintendo are too busy preparing MH3G, MH4 and all the Dragon Quest series in the west to care about cliche games Atlus make nowadays.

Nintendo are too busy preparing MH3G, MH4 and all the Dragon Quest series in the west to care about cliche games Atlus make nowadays.

This had better be true. I can see MH4 arriving, but i'm not that confident about MH3G. Prove me wrong Nintendo!

I've recently picked up Monster Hunter Portable 3 for the PSP, such a blast to play, even if it is all in Japanese. :heh: Yes, any excuse to talk about the MH series. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

This had better be true. I can see MH4 arriving, but i'm not that confident about MH3G. Prove me wrong Nintendo!

Just the fact that most of the games text is already in english (Since it's basically all the same as Tri but with the P3 and new G monsters) I see why they can't, not to mention at least 4 magazines with EDGE being the latest to preview MH3G as coming over in europe.

I've recently picked up Monster Hunter Portable 3 for the PSP, such a blast to play, even if it is all in Japanese. :heh: Yes, any excuse to talk about the MH series. :D

And this is why having a cracked PSP is the best PSP playing Portable 3rd with translation patch = awwwwwesome :D

You say that as though MH and DQ aren't cliche.

If those 2 series are cliche I may as well add a crap ton of other shit which is highly popular as cliche as well. Not to mention Nintendo can see that there is a market for both MH and DQ in the West, with both latest games being the best selling over here.

If those 2 series are cliche I may as well add a crap ton of other shit which is highly popular as cliche as well.

He never said that you couldn't...?

Anyone else looking forward to Mass Effect 3? I mean, since this thread is already off-topic, we may as well talk about an interesting game.

They have done so before with the Trauma Center games (they were published by NOE), but that's a rarity. You'd think that they'd get the hint by now with how much they've had to struggle to get their games released in the EU.

True, NoE have obliged on a handful of occasions. They actually brought out the first Etrian Odyssey over here which was a stroke of genius. Just a pity they didn't follow up with the sequels. :(

Even though the DS was absolutely teeming with RPGs, we still missed out on heaps over here. :blank:

He never said that you couldn't...?

Anyone else looking forward to Mass Effect 3? I mean, since this thread is already off-topic, we may as well talk about an interesting game.

Having not played the first two, the third instalment is really not on my radar. :heh: Sorry.