N-Europe

February draw a day

Marcamillian

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_lyxznwCy2l1qemvljo1_500.jpg

here's a not-amazing not-terrible thing I made today. Trying to get this medium working for more detailed background work, but its a challenge to do quickly, particularly clouds, it would seem. Finally found a use for my masking fluid though! May revisit this one later...

Didn't really feel like thinking of anything to draw today. Just grabbed some scrapped paper that I was about to throw away (and still will) and started drawing.

The first one had some colour on it from where I tested my paints. Just started drawing in that corner, and somehow I ended up turning this into some kind of Venus portrayal (like the Venus from Botticelli). Scanner didn't do the colours/lines any justice (made it all look worseee), but meh.

feb6-1.jpg

Then also doodled this on another piece of scrap paper and gave it some highlights/shading in Photoshop. Don't ask me what's going on cause I don't know.

feb6-2.jpg

A few minutes over midnight but I'll post nonetheless.

I don't have any photoshop / colours / equipment at all so this is done from a blank sheet of paper & charcoal. It's the first thing I've done in ages so I wanted it to be simple.

tumblr_lyzxpfn8ux1r7yxago1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1328659756&Signature=WP9mKrnA4c0%2FlJ%2BJFjB0EnPCjQ8%3D

CONNECTIONS

@Eenuh - that drawing reminds me of the ending of Don Herzfeld's "rejected". Have you seen it?

I had to look it up again as it sounded familiar, and I did indeed see it about 7-8 years ago or something when I was on my animation course (god now I feel old!). I remember we couldn't stop laughing at certain parts haha.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!