NEurope
Marcamillian

February draw a day

Aeons ago I was on a drawing forum that was full of the most immense illustration/drawing forum. I seem to have tripped across a resurrected form of it with a lot of the same people (was almost as inactive there too :P ).

They're running their annual 28/9 day draw-fest throughout the coming month. Thought of @Hamishmash and @Eenuh.

If anyone's interested in participating the signUp thread is still open -http://satellitesoda.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5178&start=0

if not, you can gaze upon the awesomeness here - http://satellitesoda.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=44

Haha I think I'd feel wayyyyyyy too intimidated to join that forum and participate. =P

Especially since I haven't properly drawn in so very very long...

Maybe we could just post stuff in here, but I kinda doubt I'll manage to draw one thing per day... unless realllllllllly crappy doodles count as well haha.

Lord knows I'm expecting to be turning in some fugly/last minute stuff for a majority of the days. They're obscenely good but full of encouragement and constructive criticism for any and all comers.

Really crappy doodles are about 20% cooler than stuff you're confident in. Ploughing through days of apathy is what makes me love the challenge so much.

I'm up for posting stuff here. Gnna dust off the pencils today to get in the groove, it's been quite the while for me as well.

Yeah I'm trying to cut down the number of forums have my email address and stuff... and generally just cutting down forum usage to this one and ... well that's it.

I'd be happy to do it on this site though. :)

Feel like quite the dolt for not notifying you of it Yvonne!

Sounds decided then! As of 12 tonight I'll throw a post up to separate days.

Mcoy will participate with drawings. Most likley of vgcats.

Mcoy cannot guarantee it will be a daily thing for the month though ><

=============================================================

I DECLARE FEBRUARY OPEN TO ONE AND ALL

=============================================================

DAY 1 : INTREPID FIRST STEPS

Edited by Marcamillian

Hey he's a CAMERA MAN!

You're a man who likes cameras!

ITS U!UU!

(That wasn't meant to be mean spirited, I like it)

Can we draw anything then?

I guess this could be kinda cool...

Aaaaaand I already feel too intimidated to post in here haha. =P

Also realized pretty much all my art stuff is packed away already, ready to move. Hmmm...

Fan of this thread. Not of the arty types not drawing, though. I suppose I can't really point fingers, however :p

@Magnus, how long do your figurines take to make? *hint hint*

The day is still young, I'll post something later. Will just be a digital doodle thing, but yes, I'll post. Pffff. =P

Edit:

Okay, just a wintery doodle since it's so freaking cold here and there's snow everywhere, brrrr. I don't really know what's going on though. Boy is in a pit or hole or something and the girl is afraid to go down herself. Yes.

(click the image to see it on a separate page, might work better maybe)

feb1.jpg

Edited by Eenuh

Sure, I'll give it a go. Probably won't post anything decent, but it never hurts to try! =P

Day1.png

"... It's only day one,

but I don't know what to draw.

Hm... Not a good start..."

The day is still young, I'll post something later. Will just be a digital doodle thing, but yes, I'll post. Pffff. =P

Edit:

Okay, just a wintery doodle since it's so freaking cold here and there's snow everywhere, brrrr. I don't really know what's going on though. Boy is in a pit or hole or something and the girl is afraid to go down herself. Yes.

(click the image to see it on a separate page, might work better maybe)

feb1.jpg

Major pet hate: When people call works of art like this "doodles".

Mcoy is super impressed by the drawing abilities of you all. Mcoy is a bit intimidated to do anything now lol.

Bloody hell there's some good stuff on here! Love Eenuh's, obvs, and Yvonne's - first bit of his art I've seen I think. Lovely.

Why not eh? Are digital drawings ok?

Goafercamera.jpg

You should flesh this out and do it as a t-shirt design on the ol' redbubble. Would sell alright I reckon.

Excuse the crappy quality, but I'm game.

427164_10151240637940581_509970580_22755264_2037276751_n.jpg

Same goes for this. If not I'll take your ideas and do it myself... haha.

I definately don't have the time to do anything today, a shame. Might join in at the weekend...

I'm not very creative, nor did I want to spend much time, so I tried to draw the picture of the black cat that is on my wall. I spent about 10-15 minutes on it, then spent another 20 minutes getting nowhere trying to sort out its face before giving up and this is what you get for today. Tomorrow I'm sticking to my stickmen.

IMG_1207.jpg

Just realised I left it looking a bit fat on the right, I don't draw much in my defense :x

Edited by Rummy

Good to see so many people interested! It's going to get hard to stick to every day but even if its a 5 minute sketch it still counts. There shall be prizes for anyone who makes the whole month.

Lets make February 2012 DRAWSOME!

My Day 1: Hippos

day1001.jpg

Mcoy drew a vgcats sketch that he'll probably plan on inking and colouring at another point. Mcoy knows many people probably won't be interested or find it that good but he thought he'd contribute anyway.

leoovenmitts.png

Edited by Brian Mcoy