Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2012

Retro_Link

Another great race weekend. Sauber making me smile again for a 2nd weekend. Was really worried when Perez pushed too hard and drove off the track, thankfully no damage was sustained and he could drive all the way to the end.

Alot of talk on the comments on BBC about how Vettel re-acted in the interview after the race, and got away with no warnings, whereas if that were Hamilton making those comments he'd be punished.

I like Seb, he seems a decent enough bloke, but I do hope we continue to see him throw toys out of the pram. I'm loving the openness to the season thus far, and hope it may continue.

Perez to Ferrari...

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have been very tempting... it's the weeks after I finish Uni so would be an awesome getaway! But like you say, no flights, and I still think it's a bit expensive for 2 nights.

---

Probably have to get an F1 fix this year though so might go to the Friday Practice at Silverstone to take some photo's.

Maybe Saturday as well, but they're running some wierd Park and Ride setup for Sat/Sun this year... which I'm not sure about yet.

---

Dunno if anyone wants to go to anything else at Silverstone/Elsewhere this year?

I noticed tickets for the Moto GP Friday session are only £15... I'm not really into it but it could be nice to sit in the sun and watch? If it's sunny! :p

Or Silverstone Classics or something?

I'm also thinking about maybe going to Goodwood Festival of Speed this year, as I haven't been before and it often gets a few F1 drivers turn up.

---

Also, who here is thinking of going to the NE meet? Think I'll probably be going.

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm def going to the NE meet :) And man that barca link is tempting...!

I'm defo going to Silverstone this year too. Infact, I've got a job for a year (July 12 to June 2013) and I'm gonna earn just under £20K, pretty much planning to have a gap year before I settle down to a job..I'm planning on saving around 8K and doing my travelling according to the F1 calender...feel free to join me peeps!

That Barcelona deal is indeed very tempting, especially as I've been looking at heading out there recently for a break. But it's sod's law that it's the weekend before my last 2 exams at uni (one on the 14th and then another on the 15th) so it's sadly a no go :(

Lotus F1 team ends title sponsorship deal

Lotus has terminated its title sponsorship deal with sportscar manufacturer Group Lotus, AUTOSPORT can reveal, but remains wholly committed to keeping the famous name in Formula 1 for the future.

I'm so confused!!!...

But thankfully this tweet makes everything much clearer...

- @wtf1couk

"So if you missed it. Lotus took over Lotus to become Lotus but now Lotus don't sponsor Lotus anymore but they will still be called Lotus."

... :blank:

What is even the point in the Lotus brand in F1 anymore? If no part of either of the companies it originated from are even involved in it? It's just corporate-scale hipster shit at this point.

Meanwhile: It's just been pointed out to me that Lotus' main sponsor Unilever - who signed up when Kimi did - is the same company that makes Magnum ice creams. Yes.

The first live BBC race weekend, how many non-sky viewers are looking forward to it?
If I'm honest I've actually been enjoying the non-nonsense highlights shows during Uni... and could do with another this weekend as I should be doing work.

However, come the end of Uni and they can make the shows as long as they want!

Five place penalty for Hamilton
Think he'll be alright though.

I'd expect him to qualify on pole again this weekend, start 5th, clean side, fastest starting car this season, KERS... I reckon P3 into the first corner.

haha, it's still the most hilarious thing, especially how slow it happens! What were they thinking?!!

I can't remember the exact story of the race, but if you look at the laps, Kimi passes him on Lap 28 when Lewis is beginning to struggle... so why then leave it until Lap 25 to pit? He should have come in that lap!

---

Btw the Mechanic sat on the chair @5:16 with the shaved head and the beard, is Brody... one of the McLaren engineers guys I was talking with on the way to Monza. His beard's way more crazy now... and makes him easier to spot on the grid walks etc... :p

Edited by Retro_Link

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!