N-Europe

Formula 1 2012

Retro_Link

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha that was pretty good! :D

Btw in response to the "Do you think he's as wild and crazy in real life as people say... "Oh yeah!... he's absolutely my hero"... Have I posted this before?... Just love this video!

Waterboarding Faceplant FTW! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

@Goron_3 If you remember can you ask James Allen for me:

Why don't the Pit Crews wear their protective gear for Qualifying?... only for the Race; when surely the exact same dangers exist for both! They're normally just in polo t-shirts etc... for Qually, no helmets or anything.

I will, but tbh I've never noticed that :o I'll keep an eye out for it on Saturday and ask him at dinner :)

It's something that was only brought to my attention last year I think. Just a general wonderment really!... which I've tried texting into Practice Commentary before but with no luck.

Man I hope it's a hot race on Sunday!

Please be Kimi's first win of the season... PLEASE!!

You're gonna have such a blast Goron! :D

It's something that was only brought to my attention last year I think. Just a general wonderment really!... which I've tried texting into Practice Commentary before but with no luck.

Man I hope it's a hot race on Sunday!

Please be Kimi's first win of the season... PLEASE!!

You're gonna have such a blast Goron! :D

I know! It's going to be so amazing, can't wait! Remember to follow up on James Allen's blog every night as he'll be updating our ventures. interestingly, we've got a 1 hour slot booked with '2 special guests', and last time I checked Ferrari were sponsored by Shell....................

:o

Well Qualifying was pretty awesome!! Damn I love Spa.

Hope Kimi can fight for the win tomorrow *fingers crossed*

I hope Button's setup means he doesn't run away with it!

Some big surprises in Qualifying what with Vettel going out in Q2 and then you've got the likes of Hamilton, Webber back in the mid-field.

EDIT:

Ted Kravitz @tedkravitz

3 grid place drop for Maldonado for blocking Hulkenberg in Q1

Well that's Maldonando out of the way! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Wow. What an incredible day, truly out of this world! Arrived at the hotel last night and had lot of fun but today was so much better than I ever thought it could be.

We left the hotel we're in (in maastricht, Netherlands) at 8:30 this morning and arrived at Spa at 10:30...fuck me. Firstly the entire surrounding area was incredibly beautiful (forests and valleys everywhere) but as soon as we entered the track, there it was....Eau rouge. I'm not gonna post a picture because none of the ones i took do it justice.it is SO steep it's unreal! Must be at least a 35-40 degree or so...I was literally stood there with my jaw dropped for about 10 minutes or so!

Qualy was amazing, who'd have thought koba would be up there?! After that we got a tour of the paddock (bumped into alonso, webber AND I got a wink from ted kravitz :bouncy:)

Also got to have dinner with James Allen, what a top bloke! He sat directly opposite me at dinner so we got to have some greats chats :) Bernie came over to say hi (he is so small, ha) whilst Niki Lauda, Adrian newey and mark webber were all in the room next door but alas I couldn't get a wave or anything :(

Bring on the race tomorrow :D

We've seen worse in terms of cars coming over the top of a driver, like Webber/Wurz in Austraila and Schumi in Abu Dhabi... but yeah it was a really bad one! Glad to see that no one was hurt!... there were cars bouncing around all over the place!!

Grosjean has had too many crashes! He did the same move on Schumacher in Monaco which resulted in a multi car crash, and he just doesn't learn, and this time it could have been even worse. Moron!

And it looks like the stewards have had enough aswell...

Romain Grosjean gets one-race ban for start crash

Romain Grosjean has been given a one-race ban and €50,000 fine for triggering the Belgian Grand Prix start crash.

Grosjean said he could not be sure who had caused the crash.

"[i had] a very good start and then boom - it was the end of the race. I haven't seen the images and I need to see them to have any point of view," he said.

"But the main thing is that everybody is OK. That is the most important for me."

But the stewards held Grosjean responsible and bestowed a one-race ban for next week's Italian GP.

"The stewards regard this incident as an extremely serious breach of the regulations which had the potential to cause injury to others," said a statement from the officials.

"It eliminated leading championship contenders from the race."

It added that Lotus and Grosjean had not tried to contest the stewards' verdict.

"The stewards note the team conceded the action of the driver was an extremely serious mistake and an error of judgement," it said.

"Neither the team nor the driver made any submission in mitigation of penalty."

Lotus has former Virgin racer Jerome D'Ambrosio as a reserve driver.

In terms of the race, I enjoyed it, but it was also frustrating!

Kimi's car setup leaving him exposed Sector 1 was hard to watch, but atleast he managed 3rd place and made up point on Alonso in the championship! Also that move on Schumi at Eau Rouge was awesome! :D bet @Goron_3 got a nice view of that!

Race felt a little empty with the likes of Hamilton and Alonso (frustrating for Goron I'd imagine!) out at turn 1, but there was still some great racing throughout!

Can't wait for Monza now in only 5 days time!!! (:cry: I was there last year)

And for Goron's Spa photos!

Edited by Retro_Link

yeah that crash on the first corner was horrendous, amazing no-one was hurt badly

I have no idea what Grosjean was thinking coming so far over, the view from Alonso's cockpit must have been terrifying just seeing a car come flying past your head

That was horrendous overall, god knows what was going through Alonso's mind when Grosjean flew past his visor. I'm just glad everyone is ok.

And wonder what them words were between Hamilton and Grosjean just after the incident.

Overall though, a good race for Jenson and well done to Vettal for securing 2nd.

Can't say I enjoyed that as much as I wanted to, Hamilton, Kamui, Romain and Heikki are four my favourite drivers and everything that could've gone wrong for them did and then some. I was at least hoping Schumi would steal a podium but no luck there either. Bah.

Right. Spa was fucking AMAZING! Truly an amazing experience and if anyone wants to do a road trip there next summer, I am properly up for it (no joke).

The tales of our adventures can be found here: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/09/ultimate-f1-road-trip-guest-blog-favourite-memories-from-spa-weekend/

My blog on it can be found here: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/09/ultimate-road-trip-day-2-anils-blog/

Thank you all so much for all of your votes :) Can't express me gratitude enough :)

As for the race...boy did it blow the championship WIDE open?! Grosjean definitely deserved the penalty, no idea what he was thinking pushing hamilton out so much. It's a great opportunity for Jerome though, popping into a potential race winning car at Monza! Glad to see Alonso is okay too, the atmosphere immediately after the incident was very downbeat and shocked...alonso got huged cheers when he got out of the car which was great to see.

Kimi's move on Michael occured RIGHT next to me (literally maybe 15m away?), but there was a better move which the TV footage COMPLETELY missed. It was about half way through the race but basically one of the caterams (petrov i think) overtook a Marussia through Eau Rouge (ie. whilst they were halfway up it)...truly incredible! I was screaming in excitement and everything, haha.

Also, Schumacher still has it, he was on absolute fire on Sunday. Shame Merc haven't provided him with a good car consistently enough.

@Retro, this is really random but is your degree in photography or something? I recall you taking some amazing snaps once...seems like a random question but i'll explain the important of it in due time....

@Retro, this is really random but is your degree in photography or something? I recall you taking some amazing snaps once...seems like a random question but i'll explain the important of it in due time....
It's not in photography no, it's actually in Landscape Architecture... I just enjoy photography and especially motor sport photography... and sometime wish I had done a degree in it.

---

Congrats on an amazing weekend man! :D I read your blog the other day; nice read!

What happened with Alonso in the end (when he was supposed to come down, but then you passed him later)? Any other stories from the weekend?

I definately think Spa needs to be the Grand Prix I go to next year (... wish I was in Italy again right now!)

I'd hate to miss out on the opportunity to see Kimi race there, and at least I know for sure he'll be in F1 next year! (hopefully as a double world champion!)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!