NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Weight Loss & Fitness 2012

Haha, well I'd only had 5 hours sleep the night before so I was a little sleepy anyway, but yeah, I've eaten so much today its ridiculous.

Cooked 1kg of chicken with 7 new potatoes. Ate it all.

3 Bowls of Cereal

2 Protein shakes.

1 Bean burger.

I'm going to crap myself. Still so hungry. Think I overdid it on the squats, my legs have withered, but somehow I still expected to lift 100kg. There will be pain tomorrow.

A kilo of chicken? Piiiig. I ate about 400g of it with rice (mexican tea, mmm) and couldn't eat any more. :heh:

Was that in one sitting?

Yeah dude, I just tossed it all in the homogeniser and then downed it like a gnarly milkshake.

Nah man course I didn't :heh:. I haven't eaten like that for a long time, but kinda feel like getting hench again.

Pfffft 400g, your shit's weak son. Probably literally. I've been crop dusting for the last three hours, in serious danger of starting a mudslide.

Yeah dude, I just tossed it all in the homogeniser and then downed it like a gnarly milkshake.

Nah man course I didn't :heh:. I haven't eaten like that for a long time, but kinda feel like getting hench again.

Pfffft 400g, your shit's weak son. Probably literally. I've been crop dusting for the last three hours, in serious danger of starting a mudslide.

I couldn't eat any more than that. :heh:

I still ate quite a bit, had a pint or so of milk, 3 boiled eggs and protein shakes to go with it today. :heh:

Today was a bit of a carb fest...bread and rice.

Fruit...cereal...I've been a bit piggy, too.

I've only been up since 1. :heh:

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Quick Q. I've avoided Baked Beans because they have a tonne of sugar in them (I read). But now Heinz have a reduced sugar version. What's like a legit amount of sugar to have?

So I went out in London on Friday night, and wore a tank top in the club. Got loads of attention, lots of compliments, even a couple of guys feeling my arms. Just feels great to have guys actively into your body, makes the effort of going to the gym more justified.

ALTHOUGH, that said, I did feel massively objectified. In some ways I hate the concept. Like, I'm more stunned by the people who have charisma and can dance and are radiant and command your attention, not the people that can repetitively lift a weight up and down.

I didn't get with anyone (I could have easily, there were a few hot ones into me). I felt a bit empty inside, wasn't in the mood.

Since Thursday night, I have lost almost 9lbs.

Sure it was from illness, but I'm calling it a win :P

Went to the gym today and was weighed and measured (before my workout) to finish off my "induction" period. I've been going for 14 weeks so it was probably later than they normally do it. Arms and legs hadn't changed significantly, but the other results were:

Weight = +1kg

Chest = +4cm

Waist = -4cm

So, I was pleased with that. Slightly disappointed about my arms being no bigger, but it's not surprising really as I used to do dumbell exercises before I rejoined the gym, and haven't increased the weight yet. The only thing that surprised me is how back exercises really don't build the arms much. I know they're mainly for your back, but I thought biceps were the secondary muscle worked.

Regardless, I was pretty pleased with the results. I'm happy with my chest (can do 3x12 Unassisted Dips), so need to concentrate on back and biceps. I can do 6 Unassisted Military Wide Pull-Ups now, but won't be satisfied until I can do at least 2x12, preferably 3x12. I also want to lift about 5kg more on the isolated bicep exercises, but I know my limits - it's not like I want to be massive, just return to what I consider my personal peak.

Quick Q. I've avoided Baked Beans because they have a tonne of sugar in them (I read). But now Heinz have a reduced sugar version. What's like a legit amount of sugar to have?

I'n no expert man but through all the weight i've lost, I've ate beans on an almost nightly basis and it's not done any harm. Obviously everything in moderation but having flicked through all that weight watchers jazz, they list beans as good to eat.

The verdict is in. Get some beans down your throat.

Yeah beans aren't bad in moderation like most things. The carb reading off beans is high because beans are a natural carbohydrate as well as having a bit of sugar in em. I tend to drain away most of the sauce to reduce the sugar (if that might make you feel better about eating them) as well as just sticking to a half tin/one of the snap pots. The low sugar/salt ones are gack.

On Saturday after I'd finished a large domino's pizza to myself I turned to my fianc? and said things have to change...

So Sunday we went to Tesco, stocked up on Greens, Fruits, Veg's and Meats. We discussed we'd go for the no/low carb diet for a while.

So Sunday for tea was stir fry and sausage.

Monday Lunch Salad - Tea Salmon and salad

Tuesday Lunch Salad- Wednesday Stilton and Brocoli Soup

eating fruit in-between for snacks.

Wednesday Lunch - Salad....

Then it all went wrong for me... around 4pm I'm at my desk... shaking. Feeling completely weak. Without going into specific detail my Number 2's were inhuman.... and I was frequently visiting the toilet, in the space of 45 minutes I made 4 trips.

So on the way home from work I mentioned to my fianc? that I can't cope any more, so for tea that night I had Pie and Mash, While she stayed true to the diet and had Chicken and Boiled egg salad.

I've given up, I'm back to sandwiches for lunch, but I've gotta give Heather props she's staying with it.

I know the low/no carb diet affects people differently and can be very bad for you in the long run.... but I had no idea how fast it can act.

I'm not saying I'm completely stopping the health kick, I will continue to eat the fruits and salads, but I'll be adding Pasta / Potatoes to meals where they fit.

Gained the weight lost due to illness back, but now it's steady at a level 3lbs lower than before, whuch means I finally lost my Christmas weight...just have to stop parents from constantly buying me unhealthy crap

I know the low/no carb diet affects people differently and can be very bad for you in the long run.... but I had no idea how fast it can act.

Were you having breakfast? Something you could try based on my experience...

I used that kind of diet last year which lost me my five and ahalf stone. I still had a 'carb' breakfast, normally bran flakes with fruit or Alpen things like that but I had a big bowl and then for lunch and tea I had hardly any carbs.

That seemed to carry me through the day!

Were you having breakfast? Something you could try based on my experience...

I used that kind of diet last year which lost me my five and ahalf stone. I still had a 'carb' breakfast, normally bran flakes with fruit or Alpen things like that but I had a big bowl and then for lunch and tea I had hardly any carbs.

That seemed to carry me through the day!

Nope no breakfast either, but I don't have breakfast anyway's. Apart from a cup of tea or coffee :p

Nope no breakfast either, but I don't have breakfast anyway's. Apart from a cup of tea or coffee :p

There might be your problem! :p

I can't function unless I have breakfast!!

I don't believe in diets, to be honest. You've just got to move your body. You should see the amount of chocolate I scoff and the amount of full-sugar Coke I drink (don't know why people call it "full-fat", because there's no fat in it) and any body fat I had is quickly disappearing. I can't even pinch an inch now. As I say, you've just got to keep your body moving.

I don't believe in diets, to be honest. You've just got to move your body. You should see the amount of chocolate I scoff and the amount of full-sugar Coke I drink (don't know why people call it "full-fat", because there's no fat in it) and any body fat I had is quickly disappearing. I can't even pinch an inch now. As I say, you've just got to keep your body moving.

Seems a silly question but do you have a job in which you are able to move alot?

SQL Coding unfortunately doesn't grant me much freedom to move around, unless on a break.

I do gym it after work and play football once a week though.

Working in a warehouse had it's perks in terms of keeping fit, just a very labouring job.

Seems a silly question but do you have a job in which you are able to move alot?

Yes indeed. Although not more so than when I joined the gym in November, and I've lost most of my fat since then. Hardly do any cardiovascular either, just 5 minutes warm-up and then all weights. I think walking everywhere helps more than anything - not just to the gym, but also to town.

you don't believe in dieting because you obviously don't need it... not everyone has the same ability, lifestyle and physical makeup as you...! And full fat coke is just downright bad for you in every sense, not just the calorie sense :p besides, if you are "dieting" you are doing it wrong. You just have to eat healthy, have some treats but keep an idea in your head of where your limit is.

I'm currently eating nothing but a liquid/soft food diet because my teeth are in a lot of pain... (braces) and its definitely helping me keep under my quota lol. I had tomato soup for my lunch and my perfect freakin ceramic white braces were stained orange o_o LOL

I suppose you could say I'm calorie cycling at the moment... I'm basically doing 2x bmr once a week, and working out my tdee etc and dividing the rest up over the week. A reasonable loss for me is about 3500 on high day and 1300-1400 during the week. Trying to have different amounts every day to keep my metabolism ticking over (something I suffer with a lot it seems) but I'm having great success with it so far (-4, -3.5 in two weeks!)

I've got my free 30 min personal training session (as they call it on the website, after I signed up it turned into an induction) at David Lloyd tonight. Not too sure what to expect from it but thought I'd take it as it was free. They'll show me about the gym if nothing else.

you don't believe in dieting because you obviously don't need it... not everyone has the same ability, lifestyle and physical makeup as you...! And full fat coke is just downright bad for you in every sense, not just the calorie sense :p besides, if you are "dieting" you are doing it wrong. You just have to eat healthy, have some treats but keep an idea in your head of where your limit is.

Fair enough. Sorry if it sounded arrogant, I suppose I just got carried away. No offence intended.

QQ aimed @Daft and @Fierce_LiNk : How many reps and what weight do you guys do for deadlifts? I think I may have been doing it wrong, since I've been doing 12 rep sets, and find it almost impossible to complete anything beyond 80kg...

QQ aimed @Daft and @Fierce_LiNk : How many reps and what weight do you guys do for deadlifts? I think I may have been doing it wrong, since I've been doing 12 rep sets, and find it almost impossible to complete anything beyond 80kg...

12 rep sets? Fuck that.

I do pyramid sets, whereby I increase the weight but lower the rep rate. I do a warm up set with around 40-50kg, at about 8 or so reps, maybe less. Then, aim for between 3-5 actual sets, lowering the reps, increasing the weight.

I don't deadlift consistently, as my gym schedule revolves around work and life. But, I did it last week I think it was, and managed my highest yet which was 110kg for two reps. Should've probably done more, but didn't want to push my luck. Did 100 for 5 or 6 before that. 12 reps is way too high, imo.

I'm determined to improve with the amount of weight I'm putting onto the bar. Today was legs day, and managed to break the 100kg mark. Leg pressed for 170kg after that too. It's been good for me lately, piling myself with carbs as I need the energy to lift more, and it's working.

I do one rep of 12 starting at 60kg and then slowly work my way up, usually doing five or six sets. Today I managed to hit 120kg for the first time which I was fucking chuffed about. Only did 6 reps on that set. And then alternated grip and managed only 5. My forearms are letting me down.

110Kg and below I usually do 8 reps. 90Kg and below usually 10 reps. It depends how I feel. I'm slightly paranoid about my back so I'm pretty cautious.

I do one rep of 12 starting at 60kg and then slowly work my way up, usually doing five or six sets. Today I managed to hit 120kg for the first time which I was fucking chuffed about. Only did 6 reps on that set. And then alternated grip and managed only 5. My forearms are letting me down.

110Kg and below I usually do 8 reps. 90Kg and below usually 10 reps. It depends how I feel. I'm slightly paranoid about my back so I'm pretty cautious.

Daft, your post the other week was what motivated me to up my game. I'm determined to beat you in Squats and Deadlifts.

120. Jealous. :heh:

I don't actually do squats. Can't really be arsed to work my legs because of time and I cycle. I do deadlifts every time I'm in the gym, though. Three times a week.