N-Europe

Cloak and Dagger Mafia

The Peeps

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, how do you investigate, @Rummy? What technique do you use?

I am a protector, and I protect from 'all negative effects'. So why did I stop you from targeting me? It implies your power is negative - why is that?

Also, I never said that I 'did nothing'. You said it twice in that post, but the only time I have 'done nothing' is Night 1 (where I was role blocked) and Night 2 (when I forgot to send in a target). Since then I have targeted myself until last night. I don't know where you got the impression that I kept saying that, but it's wrong. I'm also not sure when I 'refused to say what I did'. Can you show me the post where I did that?

Your post seems to MAKE me sound suspicious, which isn't really fair. You're even making things up, or at least making tiny things out to be much bigger, in order to make me look bad. The two examples above are proof of that.

I don't know 'how' as I've only gotten the one bloody result! I don't even know if it's reliable yet. As for what I wrote, i literally just went through and ctrl+f'd both your name(dohnut) and Aqui1a(aqui) and just scribbled notes. I'm sure you can't both be town, and whilst he's acted more like mafia in the quiet sense, your actions with Yvonne disturbs me more, and narrowly missing the lynch yesterday makes me wonder if it's just me or if it was actually valid.

One more thing about Rummy's post:

You say I was 'confused' about whether or not I was targeted. NOT TRUE! Yesterday I was attempting to find out who targeted me because the PM I received said I stopped someone from coming into my room when I protected them. The only time things got confusing was when Tales said nobody got the right PM, which I believe I was exempt from because of my protectional. My PM was correct, and this has been proven so by you. So there's no confusion. Stop making me out to be guilty!

I don't know 'how' as I've only gotten the one bloody result! I don't even know if it's reliable yet. As for what I wrote, i literally just went through and ctrl+f'd both your name(dohnut) and Aqui1a(aqui) and just scribbled notes. I'm sure you can't both be town, and whilst he's acted more like mafia in the quiet sense, your actions with Yvonne disturbs me more, and narrowly missing the lynch yesterday makes me wonder if it's just me or if it was actually valid.

When you received a new power, what did the post say? Are you genuinely suggesting that ALL that PM said was 'you can now investigate'? Come on, it will be a PM explaining your new power in full, so what is it? Because right now, you aren't doing well at explaining why I blocked you. Your power must be negative, or at least the methods.

I think I know what happened with Eevil, DuD's post made me realize: you see, when I ended up redirecting Dannyboy instead of aqui1a...The PM I got never actually mentioned it was Danny. I just read the PM and Danny's post one next to each other, and assumed it was him. However, DuD says he also targeted aqui1a, but got Jayseven instead. Which means that the ones who were swapped were aqui1a and jayseven.

So, what I think is, I ended up redirecting Jayseven to himself (lol), but to no effect, because DuD roleblocked him.

If this is true, then what Eevil says is also true, only he could redirect Dannyboy. So, even though I don't trust him completely yet (his "I'm always at home and can't be redirected" business is still fishy to me), he was actually telling the truth about that night, so I'll back off as promised

Remove Vote

Now, we have Rummy claiming to be an investigator... I remember you claimed to be a target swapper who lost his power, yes, but I'm not sure if I should trust you're an investigator just because you say so...

Rummy, wasn't the night you targeted Nintendohnut the night people got their PMs swapped? So it shouldn't matter if you got your PM or not.

@Nintendohnut, wasn't Jimbob the one who targeted you that night? I thought that had been established.

Either way, Jayseven makes a good point about Jimbob, as the power he has is what I was suspecting eevil of being all this time: an untargetable mafioso. Not to mention he was also going after Dohnut yesterday...

Vote: Jimbob

Mainly because of that last paragraph I mentioned than Rummy's supposed investigation, though.

I didn't do anything last night, and as far as I can tell nobody targeted me either. So yeah. Useful.

I want to hear from jayseven too. I had some suspicions yesterday, so I will try to read through the thread again tonight and come up with some actual reasoning rather than just randomly naming people.

I appear in the write-up, but didn't do anything last night so I have no information. From the way he is talking, I do suspect mr-paul (simply on the way he is writing and nothing else), but other than that I can't really pick anyone out to trust or distrust specifically. If mr-paul did another epic write-up analysis, I would start to trust him more, but just his post about believing Yvonne reeked of mafia to me. Probably just being paranoid :D

These are what I wrote as did nothings.

My PM was quite confusing last night, but I think someone tried to target me. I don't think they succeeded but I think they were trying to help me, so I reckon they're probably good. Sadly, I don't know exactly what they were trying to do, or why they didn't reach me, but it was insinuated that it's a shame they didn't. Perhaps the mafia have a sort of 'anti-protector', who stops all GOOD things happening to someone? Just throwing ideas around, really, but if the person who targeted me would be willing to come forward I can pretty much confirm they're good.

This is what I wrote as confused.

Righteo, taking a look at things over the past page or two, i'm suspecting Rummy or Jay. Both seem to be egging it towards me, with a few thoughts swinging over thinking i am mafia. Jay mentioned that my old power was a perfect one to have as mafia, and it was a great power to be honest. The new power i have is sweet though, and it would be a shame to lose me really. Reading further on though, what Rummy has been saying doesn't really add up to be fair.

I'l say it straight now, everything i have said in this game has been 100% accurate. I've not lied throughout, and i was genuenly locked in my office last night until morning. I was planning on heading to my targets last night, but as i said i was locked in my office, thus preventing me from leaving.

Anyway, enough babble for now.

Vote: Rummy

Why, as i said. Something is bugging me about him, and i can't quite put my finger on it.

When you received a new power, what did the post say? Are you genuinely suggesting that ALL that PM said was 'you can now investigate'? Come on, it will be a PM explaining your new power in full, so what is it? Because right now, you aren't doing well at explaining why I blocked you. Your power must be negative, or at least the methods.

How accurately can I answer this without breaking the no quotes rule? There was no 'methods' listed, just what I'd do. In a quote, as if a piece of paper, I was essentially told to forget my old task and presented with a new one. It said I would investigate people at night. The only flavour attached is to the task and words used, which I've essentially synonymed, it implies I judge somebody, so not even direct intervention. Besides this, I don't even know that I failed, all I know is that I didn't get a PM back. I can only compare it to the other PM I've gotten so far, which essentially said that Jimbob is evil. There was no PM to suggest success/failure.

Reading further on though, what Rummy has been saying doesn't really add up to be fair.

I'l say it straight now, everything i have said in this game has been 100% accurate. I've not lied throughout, and i was genuenly locked in my office last night until morning. I was planning on heading to my targets last night, but as i said i was locked in my office, thus preventing me from leaving.

Anyway, enough babble for now.

Vote: Rummy

Why, as i said. Something is bugging me about him, and i can't quite put my finger on it.

Something doesn't add up and you can't put your finger on it? Sounds very solid to me! I'm not changing my vote.

Something doesn't add up and you can't put your finger on it? Sounds very solid to me! I'm not changing my vote.

As you wish, but with the power i have (whoever targets my 1st target swaps to my 2nd target) is it wise to lynch me. Heck, i could use that power to protect someone. I'm not a protector by the way, it's just a suggestion i had just then.

As you wish, but with the power i have (whoever targets my 1st target swaps to my 2nd target) is it wise to lynch me. Heck, i could use that power to protect someone. I'm not a protector by the way, it's just a suggestion i had just then.

Lololol, compared to the alignment investigator? Yeah, of course not. Vote still stays.

Lololol, compared to the alignment investigator? Yeah, of course not. Vote still stays.

There is a good chance you thinking i'm evil is a complete lie, as many have said they have had PM's swapped, messages changed and roles reversed/changed. I'm writing this to assure you (without breaking rules at all) that i am not evil as you claim i am, that is a complete lie. I am good, and if that means revealing my role like Nintendohnut has then so be it.

The two nights that I said I did nothing I was lying, because I didn't want to say what I actually did. On the second day (or any day), had I come out and said I targeted myself, people would have started asking questions. Instead, I pretended I did nothing. In reality, this wasn't the case.

The second time was also a lie. I knew that someone targeted me, and it wasn't AT ALL confusing - when I got my PM I knew that someone had tried to target me with a negative effect. Instead of saying this I tried to trick that person into revealing themselves so I could question them further. I said this yesterday.

I don't believe at all that your methods are normal, as I only stop those who target me with negative effects.

@Jonnas I believe that Jimbob had been redirected or something.

The two nights that I said I did nothing I was lying, because I didn't want to say what I actually did. On the second day (or any day), had I come out and said I targeted myself, people would have started asking questions. Instead, I pretended I did nothing. In reality, this wasn't the case.

The second time was also a lie. I knew that someone targeted me, and it wasn't AT ALL confusing - when I got my PM I knew that someone had tried to target me with a negative effect. Instead of saying this I tried to trick that person into revealing themselves so I could question them further. I said this yesterday.

I don't believe at all that your methods are normal, as I only stop those who target me with negative effects.

@Jonnas I believe that Jimbob had been redirected or something.

I only addressed your questions with answers. You now claim what you said was lies, that's fair, but don't pretend then that what I said wasn't true. This is exactly why I don't trust you.

There is a good chance you thinking i'm evil is a complete lie, as many have said they have had PM's swapped, messages changed and roles reversed/changed. I'm writing this to assure you (without breaking rules at all) that i am not evil as you claim i am, that is a complete lie. I am good, and if that means revealing my role like Nintendohnut has then so be it.

Good chance? What good chance? I got Yvonne's power, I can prove it if given a chance, I'm happy to target whoever people want and report back tonight, but I need to be protected from the kill.

PMs swapped? Night before last, I can't account for as I didn't get a PM, so either Dohnut's protection stopped me, or someone else got my PM and should come forward. Last night, I DEFINITELY got my PM, it said you were evil, there is NO WAY that could have been someone else's.

Go for the role reveal, but I'm still not going to trust you.

Had Yvonne meantioned losing his power before the lynch?

Surely someones power would die with them.. I'll have a look back to see what day Rummy claimed he gained his new power (and see if Yvonne was still alive), but i cant remember Yvonne saying anything about a power swap?

Yes, but I HAVE explained what I actually did. To be honest I sort of assumed people would see that I wasn't just going to come out on day 1 and say I targeted myself. I thought it went without saying. My point was that, despite this, you brought it up again despite it not being relevant in particular. As for yesterday, I explained at the end of the day that all day I had been trying to catch out the person who targeted me. So again, you ignored the relevant part and focused on the part that made me sound guilty. Then again, you also admitted to not nothing to read most of what was said yesterday at the time, so I guess that's understandable.

Simply because of the fact I stopped you from reaching me and I protect from negative powers, I suspect you are lying about this. We should really start looking at others, however. I'll try to put together that full player/role list, but will need some help as I don't have my notes right now. Will do so in a few minutes.

Surely someones power would die with them.. I'll have a look back to see what day Rummy claimed he gained his new power (and see if Yvonne was still alive), but i cant remember Yvonne saying anything about a power swap?

The best thing about this, if Rummy is mafia, is that if he gets Jimbob lynched and he turns out to be town, Rummy can just say 'oh, it must be a dumb cop power, silly me!' and get away scot-free.

I was also thinking that Yvonne didn't mention losing his power...

...and in actual he literally COULDN'T have lost his power/had it swapped, because he still had it the night before he was lynched. I don't know when exactly Rummy got this power, but I'm starting to suspect he doesn't actually have it at all and the whole 'OMGZ I TOTES CAN'T TELL U NOFFINK' stunt was just that - a stunt.

Jesus this is confusing. What a brilliant game this is. @The Peeps you are awesome!

As it seems you are convinced i'm evil, i'm revealing my role and what i have done so far

My original powers

• Become untargetable and track a target.
  • If you are targeted you will reflect whatever ability is used back to the player. You will be informed of what happens.

Day 1

I recieved a memo which suggested i target Rummy, which i did. Whilst doing this, i used power 1.

Day 2

I originally decided to target Jay7 and used power 1 again. I recieved a message saying that i followed Diageo all night and discovered that he targeted ReZourceman.

Day 3

I was about to leave my office to go after my target, but instead i noticed a fresh memo on my desk requesting i forget my old role/powers and use new powers, of which

• Choose 2 targets, if target A is targetted by anyone, they are swapped to target 2 and visa-versa

With that in mind, i stayed in my office.

Day 4

As i was heading to Jays office (i chose to target Rez and Jay), everything became a blur. I did do something like switch some numbers around, but who knows who numbers i swapped

Day 5

I chose to target Nintendohnut and EEVIL, i got a message back instead saying that i left an enhancement serum on Jonnas's desk instead

Day 6

Again, i chose to target Rez and Tales this time. Couldn't even get to my targets as someone locked me in the office until morning

This is a good point. I went and checked, and get this: the day where Rummy claims to have lost his powers (but didn't say what his new power was) was also the day that Yvonne got controlled and lynched.

So, he didn't say anything because he literally couldn't. If Rummy is lying, he was foreseeing everything since then.

If you ask me, Rummy's behaviour now reminds me of his behaviour, back at the Gentlemen's Mafia II. Being unhelpful out of sheer paranoia. This doesn't clear him, of course, Rummy is simply one of the hardest players to read in these games.

Right now, he's either a master of crime, or a repeat of his Gents II self.

Rummy did claim a power swap before Yvonne's lynch, so it is possible.

Yvonne however never meantioned that he'd had a power swap.

Tales made a random post along the lines of saying "how did 'she' (im assuming Yvonne) investigate when rummy swaped her powers?" -- I couldn't find any post that would give him this info though.

There was also random post from Yvonne directed to Rummy about posting the name of their favourite bassist if either were being manipulated the next day. but that was before Rummy told us of his power swap, so i doubt thats related to Yvonne knowing Rummy has his old (investigative) power.

Although it could have been a hint we missed before the dohnut incident, i'm gonna look back tomorrow. But for now.... bed.

The night I was swapped, there was no mention of my previous power either succeeding/failing, so I assumed I just didn't do anything that night. I didn't even think how it could have been the same for Yvonne, which may go to reinforcing that Yvonne was being controlled to speak. If that/this is the case, then I'm slightly more willing to believe Dohnut might actually be town. This makes me think that Aquila will be a mafia protector.

I tried to push Yvonne that very day to find out more, but I got no responses. I was trying to find out without revealing my own power. I @ tagged many a time, so this could also explain being controlled as Yvonne turned out town given the lack of response.

I honestly swear to god I'm an investigator, and if the bloody the permanent power swapper out there would come forward they can verify they swapped both me and Yvonne.

As it seems you are convinced i'm evil, i'm revealing my role and what i have done so far

My original powers

• Become untargetable and track a target.
  • If you are targeted you will reflect whatever ability is used back to the player. You will be informed of what happens.

Day 1

I recieved a memo which suggested i target Rummy, which i did. Whilst doing this, i used power 1.

And you can verify the result of this as being what? If you tracked me, then you know who I targeted, and you know I've told the truth.

The best thing about this, if Rummy is mafia, is that if he gets Jimbob lynched and he turns out to be town, Rummy can just say 'oh, it must be a dumb cop power, silly me!' and get away scot-free.

...and in actual he literally COULDN'T have lost his power/had it swapped, because he still had it the night before he was lynched. I don't know when exactly Rummy got this power, but I'm starting to suspect he doesn't actually have it at all and the whole 'OMGZ I TOTES CAN'T TELL U NOFFINK' stunt was just that - a stunt.

Not a stunt. I have considered the same as you though, we haven't verified the power at any point, and that's why I wanted a few more nights to see my results. If I was absolutely certain of the value of my investigations, then I'd have come out straight away, but I didn't want to unless necessary. I only have because you've all pushed me!

EDIT: Bad quote above;

Not a stunt. I have considered the same as you though, we haven't verified the power at any point, and that's why I wanted a few more nights to see my results. If I was absolutely certain of the value of my investigations, then I'd have come out straight away, but I didn't want to unless necessary. I only have because you've all pushed me!

EDIT:Following up, if I never got notification of my old power working so then it may well have worked, which still means Yvonne's power may well have worked, and the swap occurred afterwards. I never got notification of success with the power, only on failure! This means Dohnut is possibly still mafia.

Except I managed to redirect mr-paul, when he didn't send a target. How about that? I can redirect players who weren't doing anything.

Another new element to your power. Anymore extra bonuses it does?

Just to double check your power, you're a semi-redirector. You send in two targets and one recieves a PM persuading them to target the other, but it's up to them whether they actually do so?

Eevil, your story really does not add up to me. You say you do nothing at night, just go home. You do something in the day, and we suspect that someone can play around with other people's posts

I don't think I said exactly that, that's what people deciphered from the write-ups.

I just send my target during the day, then at night they're meant to get my hot tip. To be honest I don't see why this could be done at night like other powers but we'll take that up with Peeps when the game's done.

EEVIL's story doesn't add up for me. On the night in question, all three parties (aqui1a, Dannyboy and Jonnas) worked/found out that the first two had been switched and that Jonnas, who originally targeted auqi1a, instead redirected Dannyboy. If EEVIL claims to have targeted Dannyboy for his redirection, then he would have gone to aqui1a instead.

How do we know which power came first? Maybe my recommendation to Danny was recieved [possibly due to me sending in a target during the day] before the roles were switched. Although it's now been revealed Danny wasn't switched at all.

If this is true, then what Eevil says is also true, only he could redirect Dannyboy. So, he was actually telling the truth about that night, so I'll back off as promised

Remove Vote

fuck-yeah.jpg

even though I don't trust him completely yet (his "I'm always at home and can't be redirected" business is still fishy to me)

I never said I was invincible when I go home. I just said I don't think it makes sense that someone is forced to use their power if they're redirected when they didn't send a target for whatever reason.

Day 1

Jimbob; what was the memo you got from targetting Rummy the first night? I'm starting to really lose the plot here.

That was me!

Jimbob; what was the memo you got from targetting Rummy the first night? I'm starting to really lose the plot here.

The memo strongly advised i target Rummy' date=' i didn't get a memo back with the results of my target, i can assure you of that. And i'm not holding information back either.

And you can verify the result of this as being what? If you tracked me, then you know who I targeted, and you know I've told the truth.

If i recieved something back, i would know the answer. But as i didn't recieve a message back from source, there is no way i can prove you are telling the truth.

That was me!

LIAR+LIAR+IT+WAS+ME.png

Oh, that clears that up for me.

Another new element to your power. Anymore extra bonuses it does?

Just to double check your power, you're a semi-redirector. You send in two targets and one recieves a PM persuading them to target the other, but it's up to them whether they actually do so?

That's no "new element", I've been saying that since forever! Even back when I didn't want to reveal mr-paul's name (to not reveal him to the mafia), I at least said that my target wasn't doing anything before I got to them.

And no, it's not up to them. The persuading thing is flavour, in practice I essentially force someone to go for a different target. This should be the same with you, then, shouldn't it?