N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Haden

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, a win. Away from home, as well.

Really do think that having my Captain (also best defender) out for the first few games did a lot of damage. I stayed relatively injury free most of last season, with a minor crisis halfway through that I somehow got through. It was inevitable I'd have some sort of problem at some point. I only wish my team were a bit further down the line and had higher skill levels.

I'm confident I can get something from the next run of games. DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Clearly my time with Xpert is coming to an end. The fact that I am in the relegation zone in the middle league shows how little I've been paying attention to my squad, every time I come back to try and revitalize my interest in it I forget about it for a week and come back to losses. I'll play out this season and see if I can get back in to it as I do love it (and have for almost 5 years!) but am struggling to have the same passion I did previously :(

I just know I'm going to lose tomorrow. It's been a nice start, but a bad run is imminent. :p

Mcoy would say take advantage of Battlestars midfield. One of his players is suspended and 2 are on yellow cards. Get them sent off or better yet give them long term injuries. Battlestar will then have no good midfield left for the next four games.

Mcoy was also wondering if any of you had any good experience with the youth academy so far?

It's been pretty good the last few weeks. In roughly 3 weeks I got an 18-4 with freekick and good instinct, 17-4 and 16-3. For 100 000 a week it isn't too bad.

But in the official league where I pay 300 000 a week it has been pretty bad. Could buy some pretty good players from the money I have wasted.

Great win against a much stronger opponent. Next match should be a walkover and secure myself above the relegation zone for a couple weeks.

Disappointed with my 22-8 defender, 4 red cards in a season and a half is not good.

My dvs are pretty good though. 9 players out of 16-17 active players have 10 or more. My 24 year old goalkeeper had 15 after 3 matches but has been sticking to that since.

Premier+League+logo+2011-2012+Chelsea.jpg

N-Euro Elite League

Gameday 2

Battlestar Odwinica 2 - 0 Bayern Bru

Battlestar Odwinica - 4-4-2

Bayern Bru - 4-4-2

After both teams suffered 3-0 opening day defeats, both teams were desperate to get their first points of the season. The first half was pretty quiet, with only Battlestar creating a couple of chances. The deadlock was broken by Delgadillo on 56 minutes to put the home team in front. Battlestar then sealed the points 20 minutes later, as Sherawat rolled in the second. Battlestar held out till full time to complete a good performance. Defensively they were very assured, and looked untouchable.

Man of the Match - Andreu Delgadillo of Battlestar Odwinica

----------

Haden United 2 - 4 Madpool

Haden United formation - 4-4-2

Madpool formation - 3-5-2

Madpool lined up in a 3-5-2 formation as they tried to win the midfield battle. They got off to a bad start, as Haden exploded out the blocks as Durov showed his wonderful ability by scoring a 30 yard screamer. The home crowd were deafening after such a good start. Reggie Hales silenced them on the 14th minute with a similar goal to Durov. Madpool started to get into the game more, which resulted in them taking the lead just after the half an hour mark. Hales whipped in a dangerous ball to Archie Gay, who finished confidently. Cuicuffio was then forced off through injury, Shimal replaced him. Madpool were on the up, and were rewarded with their third goal. Reggie Hales got his 2nd assist as he layed off Gerrard who finished beautifully. Haden made 2 changes at half time, and he got an instant response. Longhi got them back into it 6 minutes into the half with a powerful header as Durov added an assist to his brilliant record. Haden spent the rest of the half seeking the equaliser, but got no luck. Madpool finished the game off as Trainer floated a corner into the box with Sedgewick finished neatly. The referee blew the final whistle which ended a brilliant and entertaining game.

Man of the Match - Reggie Hales of Madpool

----------

Rising Phoenix 0 - 1 Roostophe Rovers

Rising Phoenix formation - 4-5-1

Roostophe Rovers formation - 3-5-2

With both teams fielding 5 midfielders, a battle in the middle was expected at The Rising Stadium. The game didn't start well, though, as Torquey of Rising was taken off with a painful injury. Roostophe were the only team to create chances in the first half, which soon led to the first goal. The legend that is Mazzoleni got it, with a composed headed finish. Roostophe made changes at half time to try and inject abit of tempo into the game, as they pushed to seal the 3 points. Disappointingly a player from either side went off injured in the 2nd half, the w2 unlucky players were Paul McGrath of Rovers and Eklind of Rising. The game have a couple more chances, but none had a finishing touch.

Man of the Match - Martin Laursen of Roostophe Rovers

----------

Silverdale Hotpot 3 - 2 Eights United

Silverdale Hotpot formation - 4-4-2

Eights United formation - 4-4-2

Two good teams were up against other, as they played a closely fought match. Silverdale had a smashing start, as they scored 2 goals inside 15 minutes. Wacek scored a stunning curling effort for the first, Clifford Hope scored the second as he volleyed home a corner. Svanson hit back for Eights, as he curled the ball beautifully into the top corner from a freekick. Eights made a change at halftime to help their bid for the crucial 4th goal. They it aswell, thanks to Capwell, who capped off a brilliant Eights move. The game was end-to-end for much of the second half, with both teams having opportunities to win the game. Silverdale were given the best chance of winning, as the referee gave them a penalty. Hudson confidently slotted it home to send the home fans into celebration, as they survived till the end to claim all 3 points.

Man of the Match - Eric Hudson of Silverdale Hotpot

----------

Essex Elites 3 - 0 The Sixty-Fourthers

Essex Elites formation - 4-4-2

The Sixty-Fourthers formation - 4-4-2

The champions had what should of been a win, as they came up against the newly promoted 64'ers. It took just 7 minutes for Essex to open the scoring. Sharpe headed in a fine Comer corner. Essex dominated the first half of the game, as they created chance after chance. The 2nd came soon after, when Merton fired in from outside the box. The brilliant start got even better when Fakaj made it 3-0 in 22 minutes with a well placed header. Panadopolos got a niggling injury and had to subbed off, as things were going bad for the 64'ers. Essex saw out the rest of the game, as they comfortably collected the 3 points.

Man of the Match - Rexhep Fakaj of Essex Elites

----------

Most Important Result

Silverdale Hotpot 3 - 2 Eights United

Two similar teams with similar ambitions. Both would of thought they had a chance of winning this game, and the winner could well be propelled to the next level and really challenge for the title.

Turned on the Style Award

Essex Elites

Blew the 64'ers away in the first 22 minutes, with a devastating start.

Best Player

Reggie Hales

Had a hand in 3 of the 4 goals, and won the game for Madpool.

----------

More reports to come later, aswell as an interview with Intergalactico Stars manager Nikos9!

Edited by MadDog

Clearly my time with Xpert is coming to an end. The fact that I am in the relegation zone in the middle league shows how little I've been paying attention to my squad, every time I come back to try and revitalize my interest in it I forget about it for a week and come back to losses. I'll play out this season and see if I can get back in to it as I do love it (and have for almost 5 years!) but am struggling to have the same passion I did previously :(

Don't give up man! You are a xpert legend you could always create a new team like Odwin!

Very happy with today's result. I'm even more pleased to see that my 18-4 striker scored a hat-trick and got an assist, whilst another midfielder managed to get 2 assists.

Two wins on the bounce, and we have some interesting games coming up. The next 6 or so games are all potentially winnable games.

Nikos9 - Interview

Q: After narrowly missing out on promotion last season, do you believe you have what it takes to clinch promotion this season?

A: Here amoungst the Stars we definately feel that we have what it takes to achieve promotion. I'm sure if we put our best team out each week then it would happen, however, as all good managers know, promotion isn't always what is best for the club..sure it's good for bragging rights but if you don't have a team good enough to compete in the league above then you'll get shot down, form will be hard to come by due to the losses, dev val will suffer and the club will become financially ruined from all the training that is needed which in turn will screw you over for the next season in all senses! So believe it or not, we are not aiming for promotion this season, even after only just missing out last season. Looking at the Middle League team stats, on paper we are still the 3rd weakest team in the league and should theoretically be involved in a relegation scrap...we know it won't come to this but if we get an upper mid-table finish and another good change report then we'll be happy!

Q: Who do you see as the favourite for promotion from the Middle League?

A) The Mid-League favourite has to be Mcoys Sons, they are the biggest threat I believe and the only way they won't finish as champions is if Mcoy himself throws in the towel. However, he has already done this once, maybe even twice but I can't see him giving up so easily again, especially after getting screwed out of promotion last season!

Q: Who, other than yourself, do you like to see winning and performing well?

A: I always like to see my old nWo allies do well including yourself (Madpool, Silverdale, Eights, Seahawks, Rez), I believe we've all come a long way since the old nWo vs Nexus days and I always look out for their results so keep up the good work guys! Also, I like to see the other guys I introduced to N-Euro do well (Co-Op & Fedex). Finally, despite our history of bad-blood, my main man here is Haden...he brought me here and taught us everything we know, we're now in an alliance as Legacy so I couldn't go without giving him a special mention! Plus, it always pays not to cross the boss! ;)

Q: And finally, which team do you most like to see lose?

A: Two words - Rising Phoenix!!! Anyone who was around in my first few seasons here will remember the war of words between the two of us. They tried to put us down week after week in uncalled for, unprevoked verbal attacks & generally tried to make life hell for us but we gave as good as we got! We hate them & they hate us, that's just the way it is. Fortunatly their manager has been mute now for a few seasons much to our delight, after we put them in their place...so long may their radio silence continue!

----------

Anybody else who wants an interview can just PM me and i'll get some questions sent to you. :)

Alliances

300px-Neapolitan.jpg

Week 5

Trio: Mad 10, Peeps 8, Rez 8, 26

Legacy: Haden 8, Inter 7, Co-op 9, 24

...: Silverdale 5, Leeds 4, All Stars 10, 19

The Hurricanes: Elites 4, Emo 9, Bubbles 5, 18

Final Three: Odwin 9, Eights 7, Cube 1, 17

...: 64s 1, DuD 7, 8

Legacy reach for the gold

Week 7

Legacy: Haden 8, Inter 9, Co-op 10, 27

...: Silverdale 7, Leeds 5, All Stars 9, 21

The Hurricanes: Elites 5, Emo 8, Bubbles 8, 21

Trio: Mad 10, Peeps 4, Rez 6, 20

Final Three: Odwin 9, Eights 6, Cube 1, 16

...: 64s 1, DuD 7, 8

Silverdale Aqulia have you thought of a name for your alliance?

Gaggle DuD did you want Rising Phoenix to join your alliance he is looking for one.

Interview with Peeps!

1: You and Bubbles used to enjoy a great rivalry, now you are in different leagues who would you point to as your closest rival?

1. Ah Bubbles... where are you now

I enjoyed playing Bubbles and being in the same league as him because we both started up together. Of course you always strive to be on top but the point of a rivalry is that you see yourselves as equals, at least in some respects. I don't think I have a rival at the moment because I don't really see myself as on a par with any other team. All of my rivals are in the lower league... which I guess puts me in a good light as I'm above them ;D

2: How long will it be before the Peeps enter the top league?

2. A few more seasons I hope. I'm third in the table at the moment but I can't see myself finishing in the top 3 at the end of the season. I'm already punching above my weight as it is so it's definitely too soon for me to think about promotion. My mind is fixed on avoiding relegation more than anything else.

3:Without giving to much away to rivals, what sort of a manager are you tactically? Do you enjoy playing defensive formations, are you possession hungry or do you seek to outplay rival teams?

3. I like to assess each team as they come. I'll have a look at their tactics, players and formations and try to guess how they'll play next and usually I'll set my tactics to counter them. I also look at my own team's development values to see who needs to play and I'll try and find a balance between skilled and developing players. Every time I set a formation it's a compromise because I just want to play everyone I think tactics are the area at which I'm strongest though. I have a good record for guessing how my opponent will play.

Edited by Haden

Slightly confused about some of my results but it is fine. I'm strongly up for starting a new team and the end of this season, but I always say that and can't bear to leave my team.

I just want Madpool to know that although my boys are having a confidence crisis at the moment I'm going to make sure I stop that run with what I think is just luck when I looked at your squad ;)

OH NO HE DIDN'T