NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

N-Euro Middle League Round Two

***Cubic County 1-3 Intergalactico Stars****

Stars attacked hard in the first half of the game keeping Cubic County on the back foot for the whole 45 minutes. County were barely able to get the ball into their opponent's half before it was tackled off them and sent towards their goal again. 2 goals were scored out of 6 chances from Intergalactico. Cubic County were the better side in the second half but were unable to make a dent in the score-line. Intergalactico scored first in the 64th minute, Steve Austin once again having a hand in it. Soon after there was a tense moment as Zinedine Zidane took a penalty but luckily for Cubic County it was wide of the goal. It wasn't until the 91st minute that Cubic County were able to score a goal to save face. Intergalactico should be proud of its defence for having blocked 6 of 7 chances in the second half.

***Leeds.M.O.T 0-2 Real Peeps***

The first half went by with neither team giving anything away though Real Peeps managed a shot on goal before the 45 minutes were up. A couple of substitutions and then an injury changes Real Peeps' roster around for the second half possibly for the best as they scored the first goal of the game in the 68th minute. Leeds make a few substitutions of their own but it's not long before Derrick Birch scores from a freekick to make it 2-0. Real Peeps kept on the offensive for the whole game creating 7 chances for themselves and limiting Leeds to just 1.

****Mcoys Sons 3-1 Emo Blades***

Mcoys Sons were held to a draw by Blades' rivals Cubic County last round so this time he's out for blood. Emo Blades were having a hard time against the referee in this game with 3 bookings in the first half of the game. The first goal came at 27 minutes and was scored by Wyatt Rufus for Mcoys Sons but just 4 minutes later, Cadwgawn Adams equalised for Emo Blades which turned out to be their only attempt on goal all game. Not to be out-done in the first half, Hamilton Charles scores another for Mcoys Sons in the 44th minute. Two more players from Emo Blades received bookings in the second half which caused some fans to believe Mcoy had bribed the ref as Mcoys Sons were having no such trouble. In the 61st minute Mcoys Sons were given a freekick and Wyatt Rufus easily put it in the back of the net to see Mcoys Sons win 3-1 over Blades.

***Happenstance 1-1 Recall United**

A close and tense game was played between these two teams. No goals in the first half but both sides had a chance to score. Recall's Rex Hollingdale scored in the 48th minute to put the pressure on for Happenstance FC, who easily rose to it. They had more possession and chances but could only manage to equalise in the 82nd minute with a shot in the penalty area from Rowley Dibbler. It seemed like Happenstance were the better side but the game ends at 1-1.

***Seahawks FC 2-2 Dysonian Wanderers***

Seahawks played to their advantage today to get a draw against the oppressive force of Dysonian Wanderers. They've now held both Intergalactico Stars and Wanderers to a draw in the first two rounds of the season which bodes well for the team who are currently in 7th. Wanderers scored first in the 19th minute with a long range shot from Lucian Sandford but Seahawks managed to equalise before the first half ended as Josué Mendez gets a shot after a corner. Seahawks change the tide in the second half by scoring first after another corner which forces Wanderers to take a more offensive approach. Morgan Boland equalises for Dysonian Wanderers in the 86th minute and the away fans breathe a sigh of relief at the draw. It seems any losses will count for a lot in this season with most teams getting away with drawn games.

Most Important Result: Mcoys Sons 3-1 Emo Blades, this result sees Emo Blades drop from first to 5th while Mcoy jumps from 6th to third. It's still early days but it's a big set-back for Blades.

Stylish Play: Real Peeps, the players worked together like clockwork in this game. The defence dealt neatly with any attacks on goal and limited their opponents to only one chance while the midfielders and forwards made plays to create 7 chances on goal and keep 58% possession across the game.

Best Player: Steve Austin, Intergalactico Stars, after assisting Zinedine Zidane in the first goal of the game, Steve Austin decides he wants a piece of victory cake and scores a goal of his own but his modesty gets the best of him and he doesn't want all of the fame and attention so he plays sidekick to Zidane again for the third goal.

N-Euro Middle League Round Three

Four draws and one win ago, the Middle League results came in. No changes in the top of the table but a small shift in the lower end as Happenstance move up to 6th while Recall and Seahawks both move down a spot.

**Dysonian Wanderers 0-0 Intergalactico Stars****

Intergalactico completely dominated away from home today but Dysonian Wanderer's defenders proved too good and made no concessions. Stars split their chances on goal evenly with three attempts made in each half but each time they were either wide or saved by the keeper. Intergalactico had the better tactics but it seems Wanderers just had the better team as Stars were knocked back each time. Still, this season is all about draws over losses and an away draw is not to be sniffed at - even if Stars did deserve to win this one.

-Cubic County 1-1 Emo Blades*

It seems that neither manager knew how to read the other in this game but Jayseven managed to pick better tactics as Cube fails to earn any manager stars. Cubic County had much higher possession in this game with 60 to 40 but Emo Blades had more chances. The first goal came from a long range shot by Jonathon Austevoll of Emo Blades but 5 minutes later Émile Maupas of Cubic County breaks away to equalise in the 24th minute. The second half went by with a further attempt on goal from each time but neither made a success of it. Cubic County fielded the better team in this game but Emo Blades' tactical edge earned them a draw.

***Happenstance FC 4-1 Leeds.M.O.T***

Happenstance FC played a blinder today, completely demolishing M.O.T's defences. The goals came early and fast in this game with Happenstance scoring in the 12th minute and again from a penalty in the 15th minute. Leeds fought back well and scored from a header after a corner in the 19th minute but Happenstance shot down any hopes Leeds may have had of making a comeback by scoring again in the 24th minute. Leeds fell back into defensive mode and both teams hacked away at each other causing the ref to hand out a couple of bookings to each team but neither team could make decent headway against the other until the 93rd minute when Godfrey Pascoe scores from a second penalty, ending the game 4-1.

****Recall United 1-1 Seahawks FC***

Recall had all the chances in this game but Seahawks managed to hold their ground away from home. Recall suffered a bit of a setback in the first half as one of their forwards was sent off but made up for it with a goal in the 45th minute. As the second half went by with more attempts on goal from Recall, it seemed like they were on for winning at least 2-0 but Seahawks found an opening and scored from right inside the penalty area in the 68th minute to end the game a draw.

***Real Peeps 0-0 Mcoys Sons***

Both teams taking a careful approach to this game which is probably more to Real Peeps' detriment as they fail to take advantage at home. Neither team managed any attempt on goal in the first half and both had a failed attempt in the second. While a draw is obviously better than a loss, it seems like Real Peeps missed a vital chance here which could come back to haunt them.

Most Important result: Happenstance FC 4-1 Leeds.M.O.T, while Leeds fail to pick themselves up from the bottom of the table for the third round running, Happenstance jump out of the relegation zone moving from 8th to 6th.

Stylish Play: Happenstance FC, This team was on fire in the first half of the game with a few players managing to get some action on the goal. Happenstance FC's team ratings and teamwork values were all consistently high in this game which shows that the whole team can rely on each other and create extra chances.

Best Player: Godfrey Pascoe, Happenstance FC, Pascoe scored an early penalty for Happenstance FC which put them 2-0 up after just 15 minutes of play and didn't let the pressure and fatigue get the best of him when he scored from a penalty in the final minute of the game.

x11r3.png

Real Peeps are somehow still in the second spot in what can only be a cruel joke. Intergalactico Stars look comfortable in first place and I think top spot next round will be decided by whoever gets more goals, Stars or Mcoys Sons - though Happenstance are on top form and will likely give the Sons a harder time than Stars will see against Recall. Leeds have a lot of ground to cover before they can move from the bottom spot and it looks like Seahawks will have the best opportunity to leave the relegation zone as they face Leeds while Cubic County are up against Dysonian Wanderers.

@jayseven @Dyson @Jimbob @Nikos9 @Brian Mcoy @Cube @Happenstance

(The managers for Seahawks and Leeds don't come on N-E do they? I don't want to miss people out :p)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMCQwUfEFCSQWsf1Ny68fmbdmCCj8oQmjriqckCTPCzrWnH5U_bQ

Congrats Inter you will receive your prize in the next couple of days :D

Awesome, thanks! :yay:

The year was 2010 last time I beat Essex Elites.

What a result!

Jayseven is psychic :( first loss of the season. I expected it though and somehow my players barely lost form :D

First loss of the season as well, was expecting another draw. Ah well, these things happen.

The+Grand+Alliance.jpg

Alliances!!

Trio: Mad 10, Peeps 6, Rez 8, 24

Legacy: Haden 3, Inter 9, Co-op 10, 22

Final Three: Odwin 8, Eights 9, Cube 3, 20

...: Elites 6, Emo 8, Bubbles 6, 20

...: Silverdale 7, Leeds 1, All Stars 9, 17

...: 64s 1, DuD 7, 8

I reread the Alliance PR and Mcoy seems to think he is with Leeds and All Stars? I know him Rising Phoenix and Bayern Bru (maybe) are looking to be in an alliance. Forgot Elites, Emo and Peeps :p what is the name of your alliance?

Edited by Haden

Forgot to set my team and tactics until late last night. Was expecting to get beaten anyway.

Good job there's no relegation from this league. I'm in relegation form. :heh:

Btw guys anyone who hasn't voted for xpert 11 in the awards thread do so! :P

Well if you think it is the game of the year and you aren't one of those mafia hitmen type! We have never won against mafia so would be quite an achievement! :D

@Haden you've put 'Peeps' instead of Bubbles in your post above ;)

Thanks man, does Bubbles still post much? I remember your rivalry was quite a good one for a while!

Still very much active, he posted in here just the other day.

We both started at the same time so he was my main rival but one of us is in the middle league now while the other....

;)

We both started at the same time so he was my main rival but one of us is in the middle league now while the other....

;)

Ah of course it is hero!

Btw after I have interviewed Emo did you want to be interviewed Peeps? Maybe you can say who your new rival is in the middle league? :D

An interview with Emo

attachment.php?attachmentid=3611&d=1325701247

1: Emo Blades seems to be a club that don't stay to long in any league, you are currently flying high in the middle league but as a manager what league do you feel most at home in?

I don't feel comfortable anywhere. Each time I return to the middle league either those relegated from the top league or those who survived the mid-league drop for the previous season have all grown in strength far more greatly than I. The lower league should be a place to soak up the experience and return with a fortified squad, but I have this innate inability to develop my team properly ever, which leaves me struggling season-in, season-out.

2:You have dangerous players across the pitch, are there any unsung heroes that you would like to give some credit to?

None of the swines in my squad have shown me much :P Donovan Packham, my seasoned goalkeeper, is responsible for keeping my defense together. Over 200 games played, with even a goal to his name, and never been seriously injured. When he goes, I slink back to the bottom league.

3: Who do you enjoy playing against and who do you fear playing?

I have rivalries of varying seriousness - gaggle is my good luck goose, cube is my twin-town club (drubbing him in teh cup was good fun :P) and Flink took a draw off me due to my own inactivity, spurring his big mouth and my late-season retaliation. I always want to do well against the clubs that started up after me but so many of them are masterful tacticians and great at balancing their squads that they've spent more time in the top division than me by far.

I guess one benefit of being absent from the top league is I don't face all you 15-skill-averaging bastards week-in, week-out!

Guys keep voting for xpert in the playground thread I think we may actually win!

If we do could Odwin rename the thread to (Xpert 11 Season 21: The best playground game in the world!) :laughing:

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

I was surprised with my 3-0 victory yesterday considering I chose my tactics an hour before kick-off lying on the floor of Terminal 5. Had my first peak at the league table and reasonably pleased with how I'm doing considering I've spent no more than 10 minutes on it all season.

;)

How dare you. How VERY dare you :p

Just set tactics, but i'm not feeling it for some reason?

I just got a feeling im gonna lose :(

Just set tactics, but i'm not feeling it for some reason?

I just got a feeling im gonna lose :(

Of course you have, you're going up against All Stars! :p ;)

Good luck, though. You dealt with Bubbles well enough. I've got a feeling this will be a close one!

" Jimmy McCulloch's wife is receiving testosterone treatment for a hormone imbalance. As a result, she is becoming more difficult to be around, and also much hairier. As a result, Jimmy McCulloch is spending longer at training, which in turn is improving his form. "

The increase in form emails are certainly getting more inventive.

I wouldnt mind it being a close one as long as the baggies take all 3 points :p

I lost 3-2 at home to the Comerade, despite guessing his formation, him not guessing mine, and me setting the right offensive tactic to combat his defensive one. Also played offensively, gave it a go.

Some days I guess it just isn't your day.