NEurope
Retro_Link

Zelda Hyrule Historia Artbook

Picked it up today (standard edition). Tis a great book indeed, weighed a ton carrying it around town though :P

What does the limited edition one have over the regular?

Leathery cover, higher price, desirability (maybe).

It's here! I've decided to also order the standard edition and leave the LE one unopened and still shrink wrapped (they did a really good job of protecting it). So yeah, just a quick pic of the cover. The gold pages look lovely. Fantastic quality overall.

4et0JeA.jpg

Edited by Ronnie

Does amazon 3rd parties normally send an e-mail when an item's dispatched? Still no word on my regular from the Book Despositry via them, really wanna get bloody stuck in to it!

Thanks, chuffed with it, but honestly not exactly a big difference from the standard one.

And no I didn't hold it over my head and do the DE NE NE NEEEEHHHHH sound ;)

Just picked up a copy from Forbidden Planet in Belfast (@soag you get yours from here too?). The chap said they got 15 delivered in their first order and they all went within 3 days. They got a new batch delivered this morning and I was the 3rd person to ask for one today. Popular book.

It's so pretty.

Just picked up a copy from Forbidden Planet in Belfast (@soag you get yours from here too?). The chap said they got 15 delivered in their first order and they all went within 3 days. They got a new batch delivered this morning and I was the 3rd person to ask for one today. Popular book.

It's so pretty.

Nah picked mine up in waterstones, only popped in as I had time to kill while waiting on my bus. Glad to hear it's selling well :yay:

Waterstones had 2 copies left and I bought 1 of them.

Such a beautiful book :)

GODAMMIT I WANT MINE SO BAD WHY ISNT IT HERE GOSH

Platty, did you get the regular or the LE?

It's here! I've decided to also order the standard edition and leave the LE one unopened and still shrink wrapped (they did a really good job of protecting it). So yeah, just a quick pic of the cover. The gold pages look lovely. Fantastic quality overall.

4et0JeA.jpg

Damnit that looks awesome...DO WANT!!!!

Just a week or so till I find out if Amazon.de are gonna come through with it or not.

Anyone else still crossing fingers for Amazon.de?

I am, but I'm not holding my breath. Don't understand how Amazon.de can still have stock considering how it's sold out everywhere else.

Might try phoning my local Forbidden Planet but I'm starting to lose interest running around like this. :/

Well they have the release down as the 12th....though on my order it says estimated shipping as the 18th :heh::(

I'm just hoping that they have stock in place...or waiting for it and can't break the street date :heh:

Maybe there's no FP stores in Germany so that why Amazon.de got some copies................

GODAMMIT I WANT MINE SO BAD WHY ISNT IT HERE GOSH

Platty, did you get the regular or the LE?

Normal version. I'm not paying that much for a LE version when the content is the same!

But saying that, Forbidden Planet didn't have any LE's anyway which was good cos I would have probably been tempted if I saw it on the shelf >_<

Regular hardback edition came today, it's bigger and sexier than I thought!

Same! It's got a lot more from the later series than I was expecting, was hoping for some stuff from the earlier games, though I've only had a skim through so far. Some of the concepts are lovely though, saw that Tetra might have been blonde in ww? Looked interesting, though I'm happy with the final design they went with.

I'd like to give a big shout-out to @Eenuh for buying this for me.

The irony of course being that my name is also Jim :laughing:

of course I did pay her back for it

Slightly confused with part of the timeline. We know that Adventure of Link follows the original Zelda but apparently th beginning of AoL happens beforehand. The part which confuses me and it doesn't exactly make clear is that how Zelda was able to hide the Triforce Pieces for the original Link to find. Did she do it before she was put to sleep? Most troubled.

EDIT: Nevermind. Realised my error.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

AH for FRAKKS SAKE

Looks liek Amazon.de didn't work out afterall :mad:

I didn't even get an email from them to say my order was cancelled. Not impressed :mad:

I just logged in there to check my order status to be greeted by an EMPTY Order page :mad:

"Keine Bestellungen gefunden." = "No Orders Found" :mad:

Checked the LE page on their site and it just says "Log in to be notified via email when this item becomes available." now, no pre-order option.

Does anyone know of any LE copies that might still be left in teh London Forbidden Planet store or elsewhere.... that you could buy for me and post over and I'll pay you back through pay pal or something

Got an email from Amazon.de:

We were informed by our wholesaler that the Limited Collector's Edition contrary to the original announcement can not be delivered to us. For this reason, we must unfortunately cancel this item from your order. Of course we will not in this bill.

If you continue to be interested in the title, you can order it as a standard edition (ASIN 1616550414) at Amazon.de for a price of 22.95 EUR. The following link will take you to the product page of this title, which is expected to be available in two to four weeks:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/1616550414

We know that many customers prefer the Collector's Edition of the Standard edition. Therefore, we would like to offer as a good way to one Amazon.de voucher of EUR 5. See attached below him.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

(This is an automatically sent e-mail. Please do not reply to this letter, because the e-mail address is set up only to send but not to receive e-mails.)

Got a 5EUR voucher, not sure if it will only work on the standard Hyrule Historia or if I can use it on anything, but was pretty generous considering I didn't expect to get it in the first place.

Yeah I just got that just now.

Weird that they give you a 5euro voucher but it then says it can't be used in the bookstore? WTF?

I'll prolly try it on the standard edition so and if it doesn't work wonder if it'll work on Amazon.co.uk? Could order a bluray or a game I guess :)

Least it's something rather than when .co.uk cancelled the LE orders and just gave you nothing

@Ronnie where did you get your LE from?

AH for FRAKKS SAKE

Looks liek Amazon.de didn't work out afterall :mad:

I didn't even get an email from them to say my order was cancelled. Not impressed :mad:

I just logged in there to check my order status to be greeted by an EMPTY Order page :mad:

"Keine Bestellungen gefunden." = "No Orders Found" :mad:

Checked the LE page on their site and it just says "Log in to be notified via email when this item becomes available." now, no pre-order option.

Does anyone know of any LE copies that might still be left in teh London Forbidden Planet store or elsewhere.... that you could buy for me and post over and I'll pay you back through pay pal or something

What happened to the plan with your local FP?

What happened to the plan with your local FP?

They never got it in with the normal editions, at the time I assumed it was cause the LE had a different release date but then the London FP stores had them but I never heard back from the Dublin store.

I actually just sent them an email now if they have any new info but I doubt it'll work out.

I should have just got one of ye guys to get me one of the 15 the London store had :heh: Their prolly all sold out now :(

Yeah cancellation email it is.

Wonder if that vouchers transferrable to the UK store?

Can anyone with good German, tell if it says can only be used on their store?

Using google translate I don't think it says anything about usage on other Amazon stores.

So I guess only way to find out is to try it.

This whole LE thing has been horrid... why such a small number like 4000 for a worldwide release? A more rounded figure like 10,000 would have been better, we might have it if they had printed that amount. Also a joke that the worlds biggest online retailer couldn't get stock :(