NEurope
Retro_Link

Zelda Hyrule Historia Artbook

WHy didn't they bring this out in time for Christmas... it would have been the perfect gift for me to get ....myself :D

Lets see...to pre-order or not to pre-order..... (says the guy with both a Triforce and Master Sword tattoos.....)

*PRE-ORDER PLACED*

:D

Pre-ordered! really good price and I'm not too sure if I have seen any content in this book. Doubly happy!

I'm not down with my Japanese to English translation, but could the book be thicker simply because our words are longer?

It's because they are translating the extra Japanese text found in things like the concept art so they need the extra space. Guess they won't just be removing the original text. :)

Pre-ordered! Amazon don't charge me the money now, do they?

Nope, you are only charged once your order has been dispatched.

Thinking of pre-ordering this, does anyone know where the best price is for it? I'd love to have it, but I'm worried about it getting a limited print.

THEY'VE CHANGED THE COVER!!!

ZELDAHH-CVR-LOW-RES-610x807.jpg

SO BLOODY GORGEOUS!!! :heart:

Droooool... I think I see ideas for my tattoo

Hope they include dual languages! *outrage etc*

Just kidding.

;) Will look nice next to my Japanese copy.

ew to green, and wtf no ebook? with no 1080p!? Nintendo still stuck in the 90's still. *Cancels pre-order*

Ha, with all the hype for the Wii U I forgot I had this on pre-order, why is this not out till Jan, would have been the perfect thing to get for Xmas. Ah well, loving the new cover.

Do we have a feature list yet? 1080p? 60 fps? DLC???

It has blank pages at the end to allow you to "create your own history" :heh:

Dark Horse editor Patrick Thorpe:

This is the official cover for the North American version of The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia. The logo and gold colored design elements will be gold foil stamped. The large symbol on the cover is the Gate of Time from Skyward Sword. We felt that it was appropriate for a number of reasons. Hyrule Historia is a history book, not only about the development of the games, but the history of Hyrule as well. We wanted the reader to feel like they were stepping through the gate, back in time, and experiencing all aspects of the Legend of Zelda. As keen-eyed Zelda fans will tell you, the three symbols surrounding the triforce are the symbols of the three goddesses who… well, I’ll let you read the book to find out their signifance. But we loved the gate’s symbol because it is fraught with meaning, much of which is explained in different sections of the book, and appear again and again throughout the series. One of the other reasons is that there are Skyward Sword sections that bookend Hyrule Historia. It felt appropriate to put a symbol from the 25th anniversary game on the cover. I hope that you all like it as much as we do.

Limited Edition announced:

HYRULE HISTORIA LIMITED EDITION

11/26/2012 10:08am

Dark Horse Books and Nintendo® team up to bring you the limited collector’s edition of The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, containing an unparalleled collection of historical information on The Legend of Zelda™ franchise.

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Collector’s Edition is limited to only 4,000 copies and contains an introduction by Shigeru Miyamoto, the full history of the The Legend of Zelda™ franchise and illustrates the official timeline of the The Legend of Zelda™ games. This stunning hardcover also collects The Legend of Zelda™ manga and never-before-seen concept art, in-depth information on the making of the The Legend of Zelda™ and art by some of the most storied concept artists in video games!

The limited edition of Hyrule Historia looks like it could have been pulled off the shelf of one of the sages in Hyrule. The faux-leather hardcover bears the symbol of the Gate of Time, debossed, on the cover, and gold gilded pages. The limited collector’s edition of The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia is perfect for the hardcore The Legend of Zelda™ fan!

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia Collector’s Edition is on sale February 12th, 2013 for $69.99 and will be available in limited quantities at the following retailers:

Nintendo World Store

Think Geek

Things From Another World

Forbidden Planet UK

PBM (Holland)

Amazon.com

Barnes & Noble (online)

Edited by Ike

Checked Forbidden Planet and they haven't got it on their website yet. Hope it isn't instore only.

So this is a new Limited Edition version of what is a Limited Edition product anyway right, and not the book listed above?

Just pre-ordered this at Amazon. I intend to give it to a friend as a late Christmas present. However if I find something else for him between then and now I think I'll keep it for myself. :awesome:

Hold up now.

Is this limited edition one only available in the US?

I got the normal one on pre-order with Amazon.co.uk, I don't see the limited edition on available... I'd imagine delivery costs from US sites would add a hefty amount to the already pricey $69.99 :(

EDIT

Just saw that Forbidden Planet UK in the post :heh:

There's none of those shops here though :(

Checking the website

EDIT2

It still not on their webiste

Oh wait there is one FP store in Dublin (i did not know this)..... will have to look into this further so :D

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

I'm REALLY tempted by the Limited Edition...

EDIT: Only took me 3 minutes to cave... I'm too weak.

Edited by -Dem0-