Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rally co driver killed!

Oli1983uk

I know someone on another forum, who works in the pits for a big rallying team and work with both people for a few years! he is so upset with what has happened, he said he broke down in the pit area when he heard the news! Micheal park was a great loss as he has been into rallying from the age of 10, when he would go and watch the Rally of great britain. he leaves behind a wife and 2 kids! :(

Guest Offerman

Yea I see what you mean Jord - I'd also like to see a video if possible not in a sadistic way, just because I'd like to see exactly how it happened.

Also as alot of people here said its very surprising. Rally drivers usally have some pretty horrific accidents and walk away with nothing more then a scratch, I think its been a fair while since something like this happened. I mean they are belted in so well they cannot move, their head is totally protected and the only things that can come in contact with the car body during a violent accident is the arms and legs. The car is incredibly regid with its series of roll-bars. :wtf:

Guest Offerman

Yea Diet is dead right, he knew the risks. Sadly Red_Shift despite the quantum leaps in automobile technology only so much can be done to strengthen the car. The real leaps come in helmet technology, which at the moment is pretty much peaked.

Watching these rally races, i wonder how more spectators arent killed, as they just line the route without much of a barrier between them and the cars wizzing past at 60mph. All it takes is for one of the cars to be a metre off the track, and ten or fifteen spectators ar wiped out.