N-Europe

Ace Attorney: The Turnabout Mafia

Jonnas

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Jonnas did say he was experimenting a bit with this game - I'm worrying if that might be giving us townies two double votes and a majority reducing power (since both sides could technically benefit from it, although it's obviously far more effective in the hands of a mafia)?

This is what I'm worried about too. But think about it this way, if Cube turns out to be good then it possibly says something about the players who have been pushing for his lynch the most. Or maybe it's too early in the game for that.

What made me put down a vote is Cube's tone...seems like he's still hiding something, or doesn't expect to survive for long. Seems more neutral than mafia.

I think we should definitely avoid letting the descriptions influence our judgement here. A good guy can easily employ ruthless tactics, and an evil guy can easily act very friendly.

That being said, Nintendohnut would, as I said, be very stupid - or very ballsy - to actively bring up his own double vote as an argument against Cube is he was mafia and trying to frame him.

True, true. Strolling into the realm of overthinking here :sad:

If Dohnut was being so blatant in framing Cube, surely Cube would speak up or be more defensive?

Does that mean you won't suspect Nintendohnut if Cube turns out to be town?

Nothing's set in stone. I'm always careful about analysing all possibilities. I'm just saying that I find it very unlikely that Nintendohnut would pull such a move as mafia; it seems like an unnecessary risk this early in the game. I'd find it much more likely that Jonnas would have given two townies a double vote; indeed, if that was the only argument against Cube, I wouldn't vote for him.

This is what I'm worried about too. But think about it this way, if Cube turns out to be good then it possibly says something about the players who have been pushing for his lynch the most. Or maybe it's too early in the game for that.

What made me put down a vote is Cube's tone...seems like he's still hiding something, or doesn't expect to survive for long. Seems more neutral than mafia.

I think the mafia would be careful about pushing a townie lynch this early in the game too hard. Then again, the evidence against Cube, if it turns out to have been misjudged, could really either encourage pressure from the mafia or make them play it more safe by letting the town do the pressuring.

And I agree about the tone. Townies are usually (though by no means always) more vocal about defending themselves because they're being wrongly accused, whereas mafiosos know they're guilty and thus have a tendency to play it more cool and tactical.

If Dohnut was being so blatant in framing Cube, surely Cube would speak up or be more defensive?

Indeed, Cube's calm demeanor does indeed increase my suspicions a bit.

- I target someone at night. I get a copy of their PM.

- I have a double vote.

- If I post the "take that" picture in this thread, the amount of votes required to reach majority is reduced by half.

Although now I've spelt it out I'll likely be killed by the mafia anyway.

And I believe that Dohnut is probably good, and there are two innocent double voters.

Ok I think one of Cube and Dohnut is mafia, and to be honest, I'm not convinced of this lynch. I hope it is Cube, because there are some serious implications if Nintendohnut is bad. The information I have from yesterday has already been revealed voluntarily in this thread. I will say no more.

vote no lynch

Vote Standings

Cube (11): Diageo, mr-paul, The Peeps, Rummy, Nintendohnut, Eddiecoleslaw, Darksnowman, Dannyboy-the-Dane, ReZourceman, Tales

No lynch (2): jayseven, Yvonne

Majority has been reached

------------------

October 14, 9:00 AM

District Court

Courtroom No.2

There was some heated debate. The defendant, Larry Butz, claimed to have discovered acts of corruption and forgery by Manfred von Karma, a respected prosecutor.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

karma-badmoodb.gif

"What if I did?" says Cube "The truth is all that matters, the ends justify the means!

Were it not for my methods, how many criminals would escape the rightful punishment they deserve? Proof is everything in court, and insufficient evidence leads to an incorrect verdict.

Do not lump me with The Mafia, who work for their own goals, and do only whatever is most convenient for them. I work in the side of justice, and nothing else!"

Most were still reluctant to vote for his arrest. Was he telling the truth?

"Well, well" says the Judge "Can you believe an hour as gone by, already? Perhaps it is time for another break."

"Wh-what? But we are so close to a decision!"

"Clearly not close enough! Apparently, there is still enough room for doub-"

"Vote: Cube"

karma-sweata.gif

"Franziska? M-My own daughter?"

"Oh, my! What a turnabout! Mr.Wright, how do you manage to do it?"

(How should I know?)

"This case is extremely clear. I see no reason for misinterpretation of the facts."

"No!"

"The court finds Cube...

Guil-"

NotSoFast.png

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

5rouentrance.gif

"Manfred von Karma is not part of the mafia"

"Wh-What?"

"After investigating Cube's office properly, we conclude that he never forged evidence in any of the cases involving the Mafia, he's telling the truth. The Interpol will take on his case from now on."

"But, the Supreme Court-"

"Hey, I'm not interfering, am I? You voted him out, so I'm allowed to arrest him. You keep playing that game of yours."

Cube has been arrested. He was Innocent.

"W-Well, this calls for another 15 minute break!"

---------------------

Remaining Players (19):

-Dannyboy-the-Dane

-Darksnowman

-Dazz

-Diageo

-Dyson

-Eddiecoleslaw

-Eevilmurray

-jayseven

-MadDog