NEurope
Goafer

Clothing

So yeah, we all wear it at some point (except those freaky mega-nudists), but we don't have a thread for it. So discuss.

I'm looking for a big baggy jumper. Ideally like this:

Anyone got any idea where to get one? Also need oppinions on it. Too girly? It's hard to judge when the singer is wearing a skirt as well.

Closest I have to a big baggy jumper is my "zippy hoodie" but the cross zip makes it a bit awkward to wear. It's not too bad, but I just want something big and comfortable:

Top.jpg

That's not me btw.....yet...

I'm exceptionally boring when it comes to everyday clothes. A pair of jeans or equally simple trousers, a most often black t-shirt and sometimes a jacket(/)hoodie. That's basically all I ever wear.

Whenever there's an opportunity, though, I love dressing up in more fancy clothes, as some of you may have noticed. Currently most of my outfits are back home, though, so my wardrobe is rather boring at the moment.

Oh man, if I could, I would be wearing dresses every day. Preferably nice floral dresses too! Mmm. Flowers make me happy!

I'm jealous of Charlotte "Dead Girl" Charles in Pushing Daisies. She basically wears a new pretty dress in every episode. It's always warm in that series, even during Winter she's wearing dresses!

pushing-daisies6-300x400.jpg

I want her dresses. I also want her nice wavy hair.

Basically I just want to be her. Except not be dead.

Edited by Eenuh

I try and look stunning, but rarely do. I realised that I don't have enough normal clothes - everything is unique and carries it's own weight, which is really annoying. Like a yellow hoodie adds sometimes, but when you have pink hair all you want in life is a grey hoodie.

It's fine now I'm not fat (relatively) anymore though, since I can finally embrace looking nice without trying to hard.

Also, shitty trend brands adopted by teenagers and people who care too much can bern. Like Superdry and whatever the next one after that will be.

I really like wearing nice clothes, but since moving to America I've found it very hard to find things that I think fit properly. Most of my wardrobe is Superdry or Topman as they're the only things here that actually have a slim fit. American slim-fit suits/smart stuff is what I'd call just about fitting, regular size stuff is what I'd call ridiculous.

I really want to buy a load of nice stuff, I just can't find it.

I have just acquired the greatest T-shirt ever from my friend who got it for me. :grin:

Image204.jpg

Yes its a bit small cos its a kids XL but I don't care. :p

I love clothes, but hate shopping for them!

I always try and buy branded stuff just because it fits so much better! Really into my Ted Baker stuff at the moment. Got a cracking new shirt the other week which is good to wear on a night out as it's casual-ish but can also wear it into the office if I need to be slightly smarter. My favourite smart shirt is pink stripes from Ted Baker which I just love!

I'm awful at choosing clothes. I mainly just go with jeans (George) and T-shirt.

This place has some pretty good T-shirts.

I also am awful with choosing clothes. I tend to ask one of my female friends to come with me to aid in the choosing

I have two sides to my wardrobe. The clothes I acquired when I was 17 and the clothes my girlfriend's given me/chosen for me since then. I have a t-shirt that was made in 1996.

I make a bit of an effort to dress well/interestingly, and often I do feel "Looking so good going find me a hunny"/"looking so good, feeling so fine, got my middle finger up I don't really give a --". I do however a quite limited wardrobe. Mainly the same pair of jeans with varying tops / short shorts + vest / random things + hi-tops (always hi-tops).

Hey Rude Boy:

311926_10150839781430055_661490054_20991674_465040540_n.jpg

The majority of my clothes are American Apparel, which is strange, given I've been in an AA shop like 4 times in my life and I hate it in theory/concept. Most of my band t-shirts are AA, and I've eBayed quite a lot of AA things in the past (my see-thru vest, my Pokemon trainer vest, my trousers that look like they should be pajamas but are really tight fitting so just look like weird cotton tights, my beige bomber-jacket wannabe thing etc etc).

Joke formal wear me:

226717_10150275275200921_506070920_9551666_3584621_n.jpg

I'm progressively moving into more vintagey/fashionista-y things, though. But then, not really, since it's really hard to buy any clothes I actually like. Paj did lend/give me his army overalls, which I'm looking forward to converting into a catsuit and strutting the streets. Also have my Dad's army PT shorts, which look standardly plain, but only have one pocket, and when you realise this fact they stun.

Of course, I had a phase when I spent an unnecessary amount of money on underwear, which made no sense because I barely had an audience. But then, (branded) underwear is unnecessarily expensive anyway, so I guess it had to be done. Saw some Armani pants for £28. Literally "lolwut" situation.

Life is a cabaret:

164844_10150370959215253_672735252_16476849_7502887_n.jpg

Have you tried ASOS Goafer, they have a insane amount of items for you to browse.

http://www.asos.com/Men/Jumpers-Cardigans/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=7617#parentID=-1&pge=0&pgeSize=200&sort=-1&state=Rf900%3D1631

My wardrobe consists of French Connection, G-Star, ASOS and Diesel cos the t-shirts all have an awesome fit, especially the French Connection tees. The asos stuff is fairly cheap and look pretty good. Especially the jackets they sell.

Buy an extra large jumper Goafer, cut a nice wide V and use super glue on the fabric, not only to stop it from fraying, plus it gives you a nice rough texture you'll love to fondle.

My dress-style. It's my own. I'm not into brands as such, so am pretty much happy to wear plain t-shirts and jeans much of the time. Have even bought sterdy shoes over trainers as well these days. Mix things up as it were.

Some of those were quite good. Will investigate further, although some seemed a bit pricey.

Buy an extra large jumper Goafer, cut a nice wide V and use super glue on the fabric, not only to stop it from fraying, plus it gives you a nice rough texture you'll love to fondle.

Oddly enough, after I posted I did just that (apart from the glue bit). I found an old jumper at the back of my wardrobe and went at it with the scissors. This is what I came up with:

PA053127.jpg

I hacked off 2 inches from all round the neck, cut off the elasticated cuff bits at the wrists and the same elasticated bit at the waist. Also added some holes for added hobotasticness, including thumb holes.

I've earned some of my ripped clothing. In the process of (unintentionally) ripping my jeans, I sprained my ankle rather badly. Still hasn't healed properly a month after. The jeans however, look rad.

And I prefer the term Derelicte to Fauxbo.

derelicte.jpg

The fingerholes are no, but the shrug detail could be everything.

Hack the sleeves off to the elbow now, then we'll talk.

[/authoritieslashhasAnneWintour'shair]

I'm probably going to make another one at some point, when I can find a better base (I want something beige, brown or cream). I kind of like the thumbholes, but I don't really use them so I might omit them from the Hobojumper mk2.

Everything just becomes too draggy and 'not emo but you know what I mean' with them. It's fine, I used to love the feeling/idea of thumbholes, so I talk from experience.

Baggy things have to be offset otherwise one's presence is one big bag of drag. IMO.

Baggy + Sharp is fine. There needs to be the two mixed in there somewhere or else it's all.

[ /morefashiontips.don'tyoudareaskifI'mqualifiedtogivethemout ]

That cut is not V enough, it's just raping the shoulders. Soon you'll do that thing women do where they think having a top so wide it can only go on one shoulder is a good look.

Show some cleave dammit Goaf.

I wear bright happy colours most of the time. Mostly hoodies and t-shirts, coupled with jeans or the odd tracksuit bottoms, the ones that feel like they're made from the same fabric as the hoodies. And I only wear runners, never shoes.