… 16

Silverdale 4

All Stars 3

DuD 9

Chartreuse Trio: 16

Madpool 11

Rez 1

Peeps 4

A moment of inspiration separates the Three from the chasing two again.

Week 15

The Final Three: 24

Odwin 9

Eights 6

Cube 9

Legacy: 22

Haden 7

Inter 7

Co-op 8

Hurricanes: 22

Elites 10

Bubbles 2

Blades 10

The Number One Contenders 19

Mcoy 9

Rising Phoenix 8

Dyson 2

… 15

Silverdale 4

All Stars 4

DuD 7

Chartreuse Trio: 15

Madpool 11

Rez 1

Peeps 3

DuD, Inter, Peeps and Madpool are now in a four way fight at the top of the team of the month table after Dud and Inter failed to win on Friday.

@ FLiNk

I messed around swapping my tactics a few times, but i couldnt settle on what to go with.. so in the end i set up for you going 442 even though i knew you'd mix it up.

I'd like to finish well now and get promoted, but another season down here could be necessary for the baggies to get some kind of a chance in the middle league.

They have been good games, i just wish i'd done better :p your the only team so far to take points from me both home and away!!

@ FLiNk

I messed around swapping my tactics a few times, but i couldnt settle on what to go with.. so in the end i set up for you going 442 even though i knew you'd mix it up.

I'd like to finish well now and get promoted, but another season down here could be necessary for the baggies to get some kind of a chance in the middle league.

They have been good games, i just wish i'd done better :p your the only team so far to take points from me both home and away!!

I changed my tactics and formation a dozen or so times. Really wasn't sure what to go with, considering your league position and form at the time. I actually was expecting a heavy loss, so was surprised with the outcome.

Hmm, promotion for you could go either way. I reckon it'll come down to the last game to see who gets it.

I'm chuffed that I've managed to get something off you. I did get pretty luck away from home, and in the home game, to some extent!

So, two games left, I'm going for the DV now. I did that last time around. I pretty much changed my entire team so that my young forward could be included. It seemed to work. I'm expecting to get absolutely destroyed tomorrow...biggest defeat I've had was 3-0 at home to the Comerade Co-Op (think it was 3-0 away, too). Harsh results. :heh:

I've set my team and tactics...but may fiddle around with it tomorrow before kick off. Really not sure about which players to include and what formation to go with.

I think I've settled on one, but still not sure.

Serious business.

To be honest, a defeat or a win wouldn't really change anything. I'm guaranteed 5th spot. So, I may just go for compleeeete DV...hmm. I would get destroyed, but it may be better in the longrun.

N-Euro Middle League Round Fifteen

Bubbles face Happenstance, Real Peeps and All Stars go head to head, Rabies attempt to continue their good fortune against Intergalactico, Seahawks have something to prove against Mcoy and Sixty-Fourthers play Rising Phoenix.

***Bubbles FC 1-4 Happenstance FC***

Happenstance are still in solid 6th at the moment with no signs of changing. There's a sizable gap separating them from 5th and 7th but a couple of late losses or wins may change their fortune. Happenstance started off strong against Bubbles after scoring from a penalty just three minutes into the game. Bubbles fought hard to equalise eleven minutes later but that just riled up the visitors who scored three more goals before half time was called. Bubbles were effectively shut out in the second half and failed to settle the difference. Happenstance won't be dropping in position any time soon!

****Aqui1a All Stars 0-1 Real Peeps****

These two teams are in a desperate struggle as the season draws to a close and either of them could be going down. Aqui1a are in the stronger position at the moment with arguably weaker sides left to play but Real Peeps have been showing a fire recently that most thought had been extinguished. The first half was an incredibly tense affair even though no goals were conceded. Both teams had a chance on goal but to no avail. The second half began in much the same way but in the 59th minute Marc Terrie blasted the ball away from the goal and up the pitch where it landed at the feet of a very surprised and unguarded Bryan Tynan. He sauntered into the penalty area and curved the ball round the keeper and right into the net!

**AFC ReZs Rabies 0-2 Intergalactico Stars****

Rabies have been performing better lately even in the face of assured demotion. Their surprise win last round against Aqui1a All Stars could be the start of something for the team. It certainly seemed so as the first half of the match went by with both sides getting in a couple of shots but in the closing minutes of the second half, Intergalactico get the first goal of the game. The second half was going along in much the same vain until a couple of substitutions from Intergalactico shook things up. Suddenly they were a lot more domineering and Terry Hogan gets the second and final goal in after just five minutes on the pitch.

****Seahawks FC 2-0 Mcoys Sons****

Both teams have had a bit of a bumpy ride of late, both sides having some surprise wins and losses. Mcoys Sons are certainly the stronger side on paper but it's Seahawks who showed the skill on the pitch today. Mcoys Sons were very much on the defensive in this game. They managed to keep Seahawks from scoring in the first half but by the second half their players were fatigued and Seahawks were able to push through. Viktor Adrianov set up both goals for Seahawks which came in the 60th and 81st minutes of the game. Mcoys Sons were unable to get anywhere near Seahawks goal at all. If they carry on in this manner, they may not even see themselves back in the Elite League for next season as it is very close between the top four teams.

****The Sixty-Fourthers 3-1 Rising Phoenix****

The Sixty-Fourthers have been the most consistently strong team this season with only one real setback which saw them drop 2 places, though it only took them two games to unseat Mcoy once again. Another goal-less first half went by but that was soon rectified by The Sixty-Fourthers in the second half. After six minutes of play, Oliverio Ribeiro crosses the ball to Sirwan Baralla who headers it in. Baralla also set up the next goal for Sixty-Fourthers giving them a 2-0 lead over Rising Phoenix, but not for long as Kingsley Parsons breaks through to try and even the scores. His aggression was perhaps a little too heartfelt however as he got himself sent off four minutes after paving the way for a comeback. It clearly took the wind out of the remaining players and their renewed vigour soon dwindled. The final whistle was about to blow but The Sixty-Fourthers managed to get one more goal to seal their victory and end the game.

Most Important Result: Aqui1a All Stars 0-1 Real Peeps, this win sees Real Peeps overtake All Stars to emerge from the relegation zone for the first time this season. One of these teams will go down for sure but it's anyone's guess as to who it will be.

Stylish Play: Happenstance FC, their game was decided at half time after they'd already scored four goals to one. Bubbles didn't know what hit them when the away side came tearing up the pitch and basically had to duck for cover as Happenstance crossed and volleyed the ball around their players.

Best Player: Godfrey Pascoe, Happenstance FC, Pascoe scored the first goal for Happenstance from a penalty in the third minute and when Bubbles equalised he led an onslaught against them! He scored again two minutes after Bubbles equalised and got the hat-trick in the 34th minute.

N-Euro Middle League Round Sixteen

The Sixty-Fourthers sit happily at the top of the table but can Seahawks make things difficult for them? All Stars try to win some points back against Bubbles, Happenstance take on Rising Phoenix while Real Peeps try to hold off Intergalactico and Mcoys Sons take it easy against Rabies.

****Seahawks 3-0 The Sixty Fourthers***

Seahawks live up to their wild-card status and thrash The Sixty-Fourthers today who may have been expecting an easier game than they were given. The first half was incredibly close with some good opportunities opening up for each team but it was Seahawks who made the most of them, scoring in the 27th minute. Seahawks were the first to score in the second half, making it less likely for The Sixty-Fourthers to come back at them. The match was sealed rather ironically in the 64th minute as Jeremias Ríos takes a shot from far out which catches the keeper off guard. Not The Sixty-Fourthers finest moment but they are still in first place, four points above Mcoy and 5 points ahead of Rising Phoenix who are currently posing more of a threat than the Sons.

****Aqui1a All Stars 3-0 Bubbles FC****

After their humiliating loss at the hands of Real Peeps last round, All Stars are desperate to regain some ground and climb back out of the relegation zone. A typical early goal is scored by Nate Great for Aqui1a All Stars which puts them in a strong position right at the start of the match. Great scores again just as the first half ends meaning Bubbles start the second half 2-0 down. If there had been any doubt that All Stars would win, it was soon destroyed after Nate Great scores a third goal just six minutes into the second half. This win puts them back in the safety of 7th place but they're only one point ahead of Real Peeps who may still surprise them.

****Rising Phoenix 3-2 Happenstance FC****

Happenstance are in great form after their away win against Bubbles last round and their confidence is high whereas Rising Phoenix have their loss against The Sixty-Fourthers looming in the minds. Happenstance score the first goal early in the game but Rising Phoenix equalise soon after. History was almost repeating itself but this time Godfrey Pascoe is confined to the bench and cannot go on another tirade against the home side. Happenstance's players took note of the lack of offence and tried to compensate for it but it just left them wide open and Rising Phoenix were able to push ahead with another goal. The second half began with the score at 2-1 but the match was far from over. Rising Phoenix scored again in the 62nd minute but just four minutes later Happenstance fought back with a goal of their own to make it 3-2. Despite a number of chances from both sides, no more goals were scored and Rising Phoenix not only come away three points closer to first place but also find themselves displacing Intergalactico at 3rd place in the table.

****Intergalactico Stars 3-3 Real Peeps****

The last time these two teams face each other was long ago in the third round of the season. In that game Real Peeps had been very much the attacking team but Intergalactico caught them up in the second half and scored a late minute equaliser to tie the game. Real Peeps scored first in this game as Tommy Frampton scores from a header in the 6th minute. Terry Hogan of Intergalactico soon levels the scores again and the first half ends 1-1. Real Peeps were finding it difficult to score again in the second half as Intergalactico were marking their forward, Cal Dewell. When Cal Dewell was substituted off the pitch in the 60th minute it shook things up enough for Intergalactico to get the ball and score but two minutes later Bryan Tynan levelled the scores again at 2-2. Not to be outdone, Nikos Papadopoulos scores yet another goal for Intergalactico to put them ahead. However, Intergalatico were having trouble marking this new striker and Bryan Tynan scores another equaliser in the 90th minute to end the game at 3-3. A complete reverse of the last time the two teams met.

**Mcoys Sons 0-0 AFC ReZs Rabies***

If Mcoy is still taking things easy just to build suspense and tension then he's doing a very convincing job of it. It was a frustrating game for ReZs Rabies who easily snatched the ball away from Mcoys forwards but failed to get through their defence! Although they managed to stop Mcoys Sons from getting any attempts on goal, they failed to score from any of their own chances. However, as they are doomed to go down anyway Rabies are surely happy to still be able to make a difference in the top of the table by refusing to give Mcoy an easy three points.

Most Important Result: Rising Phoenix 3-2 Happenstance FC, Phoenix and Intergalactico have been switching between 3rd and 4th place for the last three rounds and this result puts Rising Phoenx back ahead of them and as Intergalactico only got 1 point from Real Peeps, Rising Phoenix are now two points ahead and only 1 point behind Mcoy whom either team may still overtake!

Stylish Play: Rising Phoenix, after going 0-1 down in just three minutes, Rising Phoenix did well to stay offensive and end up leading for the rest of the game. They made sure to be ahead by half time and were two goals ahead before Happenstance could score again.

Best Player: Nate Great, Aqui1a All Stars, Nate Great stepped up today when All Stars needed a win. His positioning, precision and skill were off the scale today as he scores all three goals in the match.

League Diagram Rounds 1-16.

25189878.png

Bubbles and Rabies are not featured (8 teams max) but have been in 9th and 10th respectively, since round 13.

Things are really heating up in the final rounds of the season. Mcoys Sons losing to ReZs Rabies may well spell doom for the former top-tier team who are playing away to Real Peeps next round. Real Peeps are only one point behind Aqui1a All Stars but their next games are against the top two teams of the league and while Mcoys Sons may appear to be struggling, they're surely due a win.

Rising Phoenix and Intergalactico are in a similar situation to Peeps and Aqui1a as only one of them will get promoted but it will likely come down to the very last game. Rising Phoenix are in third right now but Intergalactico could easily overtake them.

Seahawks and Happenstance are the only teams safe from relegation and promotion.

Yeah that's right. Diagram too. I am immense.

@gaggle64 @heroicjanitor @ReZourceman @Nikos9 @Aqui1a @Brian Mcoy @Happenstance

:p

Actually won against Mcoy :blank: I'm ahead of Aqui1a by two points. I need him to get a draw or worse for me to be safe. If he wins, I need to win. I won't beat him on goal difference. It's so tense!

Not just in the bottom of the league either. Mcoy are now level on points with Intergalactico and as only two teams will be promoted, they're nearly out of the running. Mcoy needs Rising Phoenix to lose or draw at home to Seahawks and Mcoy needs to win his game, otherwise he will not be promoted. Intergalactico are at home to Bubbles in the last round and are likely to win but his position is the same as Mcoy's. He won't catch Mcoy on goal difference so not only does he need the same outcome for Rising Phoenix, he needs Mcoy to draw or lose against All Stars.

I love how close this season is! Aqui1a can still overtake me but we both have games we're likely to lose for the last round. If we do both lose, I stay up and he doesn't :D

Just going for youth development now so not to disappointed with my draw today just hoping for a good change report!

Things are so close at the top!!!

Haha I was doing the same. Played youth keeper and forwards and subbed on a youth midfielder at half time.

Was wondering why I managed a draw!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!