NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

No, that's stupid. Why the hell would they port the game to Wii U for the purpose of adding online and releasing it in the west? It would cost more and would be selling to a much lower userbase than a simple localisation of the 3DS game (added online or not).

Actually come to think of it, that sounds dumb enough for Capcpom to actually do. It may just well happen in that case!

That being said, I want it and 4 on the goddamn 3DS! A Wii U version as a replacement would still piss me off. Half the reason why I want Tri G in the first place is because it's on the 3DS! (Otherwise it's just nothing more than an expansion pack to Tri Wii, with none of the awesomeness of playing on the go, with seperate screen local multiplayer and with S3D; especially the underwater sections which would be soooooo much improved with actual depth. So many times have I lost my bearings and missed my underwater strikes because there's no real depth perception!) - though getting both would be amazing, I'd want the 3DS one much moreso)

Edited by Dcubed

No, that's stupid. Why the hell would they port the game to Wii U for the purpose of adding online and releasing it in the west? It would cost more and would be selling to a much lower userbase than a simple localisation of the 3DS game (added online or not).

didn't stop capcom though.

monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-ver.jpg

A few details from Famitsu.

- new weapon called "Controllable Insect"

- involves commanding a "hunting insect" to get power ups from other monsters

- mark a target monster, release the insect

- it will head out to the monster and suck up its energy

- call the insect back and you'll be able to use the energy to strengthen yourself

- energy collected is called EX

- color of EX indicates what it replenishes

- White increases your speed

- Red increases your attack strength

- Green increases your vitality

- Orange increases your defensive strength

- hunting insect can also jump

- Goa Magara: A new monster that is a major part of the story

- Step Actions: When you find height differences in the land, you can run through these to make your character jump

- while in mid-air you can perform attacks

- Synthesis: Your two partner Felynes can team up for a group attack

Ok, so they screw us out of Monster Hunter 3G, an already localised entry in a series that sells more in the west than Ace Attorney, but we get AA5?

Fucking Capcpom logic...

Fucking Capcpom logic...

I'm giving them till the end of the year, but jesus chriiiiist if they want MH to be big in the west they need to stop fucking around the fans first and treat the western like they do with Japan and release FUCKING GAMES!!!! (You would think that MH3 being the best selling game in the west would make them release more games to keep momentum)

Not sure if this is anything new or not (haven't really been keeping up to date with this one) but there are some direct-feed screens on the official site:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4/action.html

Some of the textures are mindbogglingly bad. :blank: I'm sure it'll be fine in the end (and obviously much better on the 3DS itself/in motion) but it's still kind of weird to see. :hmm:

Really want to play another Monster Hunter game though, so I'm still hoping we get confirmation of this game releasing worldwide soon.

Capcom teasing ( of course they are ) for TGS.

- teasing "surprising information" to be announced at the show

- stage event will feature an introduction to the game's new systems and actions

- demo will include battles against three monsters

- demo also features the new ruins fiel

- try out the new "Controllable Insect Bow" weapon

- play the demo to get the bag seen above

- bag includes a booklet and some other sort of novelty item

I predict that the announcement will be that it's coming to the West first, as compensation for the lack of 3G. What? I can dream, can't I? :heh:

I predict that the announcement will be that it's coming to the West first
At the Tokyo Game Show?! :heh:

Mind you this is Capcom, anything is possible... or not. :laughing:

Nah, I'm still 99.9% confident that we're getting MH4 over here. 'tis just a matter of time... lots of time. :hmm:

Capcom teasing ( of course they are ) for TGS.

I predict that the announcement will be that it's coming to the West first, as compensation for the lack of 3G. What? I can dream, can't I? :heh:

I'm not entirely convinced they'd make an announcement about a western release at a Japanese trade show, let alone one that comes before the Japanese one, but hey, I admire your optimism.

How about a special version of Frontier Online G for the Wii U with connectivity to MH4? Maybe they can call it Monster Hunter Frontier Online U instead.

I tell you what I'd quite like the surprise announcement to be...

Playable Cha-Cha or Felyne characters! :D

Yeah, I'm probably alone with this desire, but oh well. :hehe:

Capcom are at it...AGAIN.

"@Daniel, yes, I understand the frustration. But your request is simple enough: Yes, it's been confirmed that we are getting a game. "What it is" and "when we'll know more" are the parts I can't share."

banner-monster-hunting-massive-hunting.jpg

There's your western Monster Hunter game! :cry:

Edited by Dcubed

20 minutes gameplay. Also, online play and chat has been confirmed.

EDIT: Out in March in Japan.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

That new weapon looks AWESOME

I suppose with us getting MH3U in March next year we'll prolly not see this till 2014 or Xman 2013 at the earliest...but that cool with me, if it was any earlier I might start considering missing 3U and just wait for 4, haha.

Just got an article on the main site too...H-o-T you were up before me you could have done that :wink:

The inclusion of online in the 3DS version kinda makes me think we might not see a WiiU version alongside it though.

Online play?! Well that guarantees its western release then :D

Amazing how the attitude in this thread has completely changed now! :)

The new weapons look completely awesome BTW!

Hmm, I thought that they were gonna get rid of the segmented areas though? :hmm: Also, why does this look worse than MH3U from a graphical perspective? (It's still segmented and doesn't seem to be doing that much more from an AI/physics perspective, so what gives?)

Either way, I'm sure it'll look much better on the 3DS screen itself ::shrug:

Edited by Dcubed

Just got an article on the main site too...H-o-T you were up before me you could have done that :wink:

I would if I could. :D

we'll prolly not see this till 2014 or Xman 2013 at the earliest

unintentional awesome!

The game looks amazing! i really hope we seen it before xman 2013

This game looks lovely, I'd say I can't wait for it but I reckon I just about can given that we'll have MH3U to satisfy us until this one is released!

Looking good, well, gameplay wise anyway. Like Dcubed, I'm questioning what's eating up resources that they have to use such poor quality textures on the floors - noticed a bit of shadows popping in for the minor creatures too which seemed to be the case with Tri G. The lack of one big seemless world is also disappointing but then I never had a problem with the segmented world before - I just thought it would be an obvious way to improve the experience and allow for more interesting monster chases... and escapes.

A March release has really surpised me though. I thought the release of 3G HD Version was the signal it was behind schedule but it would seem not. Now it makes me wonder if it will put off perspective buyers who have 3G and know this is 6 months round the corner. Not that it will be a probem for us. They'll probably be gearing up for 4G before we see this version.

20 minutes gameplay. Also, online play and chat has been confirmed.

Voice chat?

I can see us getting this Nov/Dec 2013.

Edited by lostmario

A March release has really surpised me though. I thought the release of 3G HD Version was the signal it was behind schedule but it would seem not. Now it makes me wonder if it will put off perspective buyers who have 3G and know this is 6 months round the corner. Not that it will be a probem for us. They'll probably be gearing up for 4G before we see this version.

They're almost certainly being done by different teams (Tri U Wii U is probably being done by Eighting - who also did the grunt work on the 3DS version) so I wouldn't have thought that Tri U Wii U would have any effect of MH4's development.

With MH4 featuring online play however, I wouldn't bet on seeing a Wii U version. It may well still happen, but there's much less incentive for them to make a Wii U version of MH4 than there was with Tri U (and no excuse for Capcom to not localise it!)