NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

That's not how you spell Ace Attorney Investigations 2. :sad:

To hell with him! He can fight his own battles! :D

Was there any news on this in the slightest at E3 at all?

Was there any news on this in the slightest at E3 at all?

A big fat no is the answer to that. I wasn't expecting it at all seeing as Capcom always announce new MH related stuff at Japanese events or in the press, like Famitsu or something.

There is supposed to be a Capcom event at the end of this month, with this rumoured to be there.

It looks like Capcom Summer Jam - the huge Capcom extravaganza taking place in Tokyo next month - will play host to new details on Monster Hunter 4 and Resident Evil 6.

As reported by Andriasang, the Capcom Summer Jam website temporarily hosted a poster pointing at RE6 and MH4 announcements, but quickly took it down once the internet caught wind of it.

Very little has been revealed about the fourth Monster Hunter game since its release last year, except that it's a 3DS exclusive and will implement the Circle Pad Pro. The series is hugely popular in Japan and is likely to sell a lot of 3DS consoles for Nintendo.

Goddamn. Capcom should have some sort of Monster Hunter hotline app for browsers, which would stop all activity and sound a general alarm every time they actually have some news.

Anyway, the 3DS aside, how about a new console version? Frontier would be friggin' sweet, of course, but that's not exactly very realistic thinking...

Goddamn. Capcom should have some sort of Monster Hunter hotline app for browsers, which would stop all activity and sound a general alarm every time they actually have some news.

Anyway, the 3DS aside, how about a new console version? Frontier would be friggin' sweet, of course, but that's not exactly very realistic thinking...

I would kill for Monster Hunter on WiiU!

Really looking forward to this too though of course.

I would kill for Monster Hunter on WiiU!

Really looking forward to this too though of course.

I've been wanting a HD Monster Hunter for years. Capcom have managed to wangle their way out of it for many moons now, what with them putting the series on the 3DS and the Wii. It makes it a lot easier for them to reuse the assets from the original PS2 game.

- 10:30: Sengoku Basara Stage Event

- 11:25: Street Fighter X Tekken Stage Event

- 12:30: Info on Resident Evil 6

- 13:50: Monster Hunter-Series Event

- 15:50: Monster Hunter 2012 Cup (Finale)

Believe!

Haven't a clue what the MH 2012 Cup is though. ::shrug:

This thread makes me miserable. Just looking at it reminds me of how we're not getting MH3G or MH4 :(

This thread makes me miserable. Just looking at it reminds me of how we're not getting MH3G or MH4 :(

MH3G, no doubt we will

But we should get MH4 given that Nintendo published MH3 on the Wii in the US and here and it was a success I'd be shocked if 4 was left behind in Japan.

.... Plus I want to see more Promo vids with Ironbeard :D

Damn I could go for a Monster Burger :bouncy:

The August Official Nintendo Magazine (pg. 14) says we should be getting lots of videos and images of Monster Hunter 4 from the Capcom Summer Jam event on 1st July. I'm guessing that's the same event that @Hero\-of\-Time has posted the timetable for.

Believe!

Haven't a clue what the MH 2012 Cup is though. ::shrug:

If it's anything like the events they do for Phantasy Star Portable, it's basically a live competition to see who can complete a certain mission/quest the fastest.

I'm using my phone and I'm on my way out so I can't post the stuff but the game has been shown!!!! Just had a look at the screenshots over at gaf and some of the new features sound great. Spring release for Japan.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'm using my phone and I'm on my way out so I can't post the stuff but the game has been shown!!!! Just had a look at the screenshots over at gaf and some of the new features sound great. Spring release for Japan.

I got your back buddy!

bHXBA.jpg

According to Famitsu.com's summary, the trailer began by showing hunters gathering in what appeared to be a monster nest. A monster that looked like Rathian came swooping down from the sky, breathing fire.

The trailer continued with what looked like a new field -- a vast golden plain. As the hunters ran around the field, Famitsu's reporters spotted, as one would expect, Felynes following them.

Then, a new monster, which looked a bit like a fox, but whose movements were swift like a monkey. Standout features for the new monster appear to be big ears and claws.

Other monsters included Tigrex and Rathalos. Hunters were shown facing off against these beasts with new actions: one hunter jumping off a cliff into an attack, another attacking by climbing up a monster's back.

Before coming to a close with the Spring 2013 time frame, the trailer showed a silhouette of another new monster, this one large, and apparently swift.

jbeGE9JE7POBeM.jpg

jGdQvgWV2Qhq6.jpg

jbkqmvERGADunK.jpg

jPtk0ibFj9WeA.jpg

jiXaZruEr06CX.jpg

SvNi8.jpg

4aCtJ.jpg

4mI9v.jpg

ZtOxc.jpg

This is looking absolutely beautiful. Pants explodingly so! A lot of people are speculating about if this has gone multiplatform as there are no logos being shown for the 3DS and many people simply can't believe that it can be done on 3DS. But if anyone can do "pretty" on 3DS, it's:

capcom_logoArthur.png

Edited by Jamba

And a never release for us :cry:

Oh man this looks off-the-charts awesome! are there any trailer(s) floating around?

And a never release for us :cry:
Dude, stop with the negativity already! :heh:

*slaps Dcubed* :laughing:

This game will get a worldwide release. Go on, say it. :hehe:

Massive grin and tears of joy while watching that trailer. I thought it was a bit flat and then the music kicked in....oh yes!

Graphically it doesn't look too different from Tri but I do like the look of the environments. They seem to be a lot more open than previous games. It's nice to see Tigrex back in action. I always hated that fight but it was so satisfying taking him down. The new moves look awesome as well. Finally I can hack away at the Vespoids while I climb!

HYPE!!!

A few details from Famitsu have surfaced.

More Monster Hunter 4 details

- will not have water segments

- new elements surrounding Felynes

- take two Felynes out with you on hunts

- new weapons, but these are being kept secret for now

- new armor designs

- game's story features the greatest number of NPCs in series history

- monsters will make use of the land formations

- grab on to the monsters in certain situations

- make use of hight differences in the stages to perform jump attacks

- uses a free camera system

- caravan-like system used for your home base

- 1 to 4 players, with support for local play (online play not specifically mentioned)

- Ryozo Tsujimoto is listed as producer

- Kaname Fujioka listed as director

A few details from Famitsu have surfaced.
No water segments, ey? Can't say I'd be sad to see them go, to be honest. :hehe:

Although I did eventually enjoy the water sections of MHTri (they had a really great atmosphere :awesome:), battling underwater was incredibly difficult! :o

I think the most interesting aspect of MH4 is going to be the interactive use of environments and monsters. icon14.gif Very much looking forward to seeing more of that, especially how it's going to work in a multiplayer environment.

Very much looking forward to seeing more of that, especially how it's going to work in a multiplayer environment.

That's if it even has online multiplayer or even arrives on these shores!

The new beast that was shown in Famitsu

monster_hunter_4_scan-2.jpg

reminds me of these guys off the film, Labyrinth.

5096520_std.jpg