NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

Well it's on the Japanese eShop so I could download it, but not sure if I want to play it in Japanese. Shame there's no demo for this version. :/

Also I think my SD card is out of space. :p

So, I've tried the demos of MH3 on both 3DS and Wii U and as beautiful as both were and exciting as the setting was, I genuinely found it extremely difficult. Not necessarily in a fun kind of way though...

I definitely found the controls a struggle if not a total barrier to entry. It all seems overly complex and although it gives you a bit of a tutorial I think that if I played the game properly then I'd definitely need a bit of hand holding and more info on how some of the bloody items worked. For instance, I felt like I had absolutely no chance of using some of those mines/bombs because of how fast the monsters were moving around and how difficult it was to keep a sense of where they were.

It definitely seems like my kind of game as I do like WoW a lot but I always wanted something a bit more actiony. Would anyone give me an idea as to whether the demo was representative of the game and how much there is to do outside of hunting in the field (like cool little villages with silly side missions).

Would really appreciate any input from anyone that is very new to the series as well, particularly if it's anyone like me that wasn't thrilled with the demo.

So, I've tried the demos of MH3 on both 3DS and Wii U and as beautiful as both were and exciting as the setting was, I genuinely found it extremely difficult. Not necessarily in a fun kind of way though...

I definitely found the controls a struggle if not a total barrier to entry. It all seems overly complex and although it gives you a bit of a tutorial I think that if I played the game properly then I'd definitely need a bit of hand holding and more info on how some of the bloody items worked. For instance, I felt like I had absolutely no chance of using some of those mines/bombs because of how fast the monsters were moving around and how difficult it was to keep a sense of where they were.

It definitely seems like my kind of game as I do like WoW a lot but I always wanted something a bit more actiony. Would anyone give me an idea as to whether the demo was representative of the game and how much there is to do outside of hunting in the field (like cool little villages with silly side missions).

Would really appreciate any input from anyone that is very new to the series as well, particularly if it's anyone like me that wasn't thrilled with the demo.

Bombs should be used in conjunction with traps or if you've put the monster to sleep. Regarding you finding it all overwhelming, don't worry. I think everybody felt like that at first when they were new to the series. It requires patience and practice. If you do that and get over the initial hurdles you'll find one the most deep and rewarding game series ever that will rob you of 100's of hours.

The game is a little overwhelming at first, but it'd doesn't take long for it all to fall in to place, controls the same too. I find the 3ds one way too diddly without the circle pad, but the wiiu is great, especially being able to customise the gamepad icons/HUD.

Thought you were selling your Wii u?

The game is a little overwhelming at first, but it'd doesn't take long for it all to fall in to place, controls the same too. I find the 3ds one way too diddly without the circle pad, but the wiiu is great, especially being able to customise the gamepad icons/HUD.

Thought you were selling your Wii u?

I am but my 3DS is going nowhere! :p

All sounding pretty good. I think now will be a good time to give this a bash before I look at 4 as at least I won't be forking out a lot to find out whether I like it or not.

And there's always the slightest glimmer that @bluey might be up for some multiplayer but it's probably a bit hardcore for her.

Monster Hunter 4 has sold, maybe shipped, 2 million units in the past weekend. Even if the number is just shipped, most places have sold out of it so it'll be close.

To compare, that's more units than the Vita has sold in Japan

Monster Hunter 4 has sold, maybe shipped, 2 million units in the past weekend. Even if the number is just shipped, most places have sold out of it so it'll be close.

To compare, that's more units than the Vita has sold in Japan

It's also selling faster than Monster Hunter Portable 3rd!

MHP3 in 5 days:

[PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3 (Capcom) {2010.12.01} - 1.950.717 <95,08%>

2.052K shipment.

MH4 in 4 days:

More than 2 million sold

That means that MH4 is on track to be the best selling 3rd party game of all time in Japan :)

It's also selling faster than Monster Hunter Portable 3rd!

That means that MH4 is on track to be the best selling 3rd party game of all time in Japan :)

Best launch of a 3DS game so far, as well

Well! Looks like a localisation is all but confirmed now. Nintendo are gonna be bringing a playable demo of MH4 to an upcoming Spanish expo called Salón del Manga XIX!

http://www.nextn.es/2013/10/conoce-lo-que-llevara-nintendo-al-salon-del-manga-xix-monster-hunter-4-estara-en-su-stand-sabeis-que-significa/

It's gonna be the Japanese version of the game, but it will be there (They did the same thing with The Last Story and Pandora's Tower before they were officially announced for localisation - at least in France at the French Japan Expo)

Edited by Dcubed

Well! Looks like a localisation is all but confirmed now. Nintendo are gonna be bringing a playable demo of MH4 to an upcoming Spanish expo called Salón del Manga XIX!

http://www.nextn.es/2013/10/conoce-lo-que-llevara-nintendo-al-salon-del-manga-xix-monster-hunter-4-estara-en-su-stand-sabeis-que-significa/

It's gonna be the Japanese version of the game, but it will be there (They did the same thing with The Last Story and Pandora's Tower before they were officially announced for localisation - at least in France at the French Japan Expo)

Hopefully. I'm doubtful a Wii U version will be released down the road but personally I'm happy to play on the 3DS so not an issue.

to be released in Japan on 7th of November. Includes a downloadable copy of the game. Priced at 19,800 yen.

main_photo.png

d5BUfSw.png

Looks lovely. Nice to see that they're still making special edition versions of the orignal 3DS :)

Genuine Street Pass I got last week:

IMG_20131003_230241.jpg

:weep:

Funny that this thread got bumped today, cause yesterday I got a Streetpass from someone who also had the game (Jammy git...)

Should we be worried that no official announcement has been made bout bringing this our way? Having ploughed 330 hours into Ultimate, I'm gagging for a 4 release date!!

I'm thinking really, does the east want us to have 4?.

I've not had the need for the Circlepad pro at present for playing Monster Hunter on the 3DS, the touch-screen on the XL serves well enough at the moment, using the d-pad widget in-game.

Wii U version for Europe to be announced at E3, believe! ;)

I honestly think we'll see it this year. Did Ultimate do well?

I know of at least ten people who bought the game - mostly on N-E - so in terms of those sales figures, for Wii U it was a huge commercial success! :p

Well I guess this explains why they haven't announced a localisation yet...

Be5IrM6CEAEcK6D.png

That was bloody fast! The game hasn't even been out for more than 3 months in Japan! :o

I hope we get this for Wii U. I can dream. It's a bit $h!tty on the MH4 owners, the game's less than a year old. They sure know how to milk the franchise.

They had better port this to the Wii U. I would rather play this on the big screen. :(

Does the 3DS version have voice chat for online play?

Does the 3DS version have voice chat for online play?

Nope, so we'll have to play it with us all sat in a COD lobby using the Wii U's voice chat.

Nope, so we'll have to play it with us all sat in a COD lobby using the Wii U's voice chat.

Yup. Sounds like a plan. I was gonna ask why not MH3 but then remembered the buzzing when charging. :)