N-Europe

Paranormal Activity 3

Dog-amoto

Yeah if you liked either of the first two then you'll definitely like this.

My flatmate and I thought this was a whole lot better than the first two.

While two of my other friends preferred the second.

But they're wrong.

How can anybody even say they liked the second? The second sucked huge elephant balls!

I loved this. I was terrified by the entirety of the last half an hour and also the bloody Mary scene. It's not left me as scared as the previous two however, though I'm putting that down to it simply being because of the previous two.

I have got one bone to pick though. The camera that moved was awful. The noise it made, how slow it moved and just the general idea of it.

Edited by Slaggis

I thought it was cool.

Those types of people who do crazy/cool/inventive stuff for their passion exist.

That's what I loved most about this, the two adults in this felt pretty real to me.

Can't say that much for the others in that respect.

Saw this yesterday. It sucked. Simple as. It was pretty much boring. Nothing happened until the last 20 minutes. I mean, I love a good build-up but fuck me, not one that lasts THAT long. It was nowhere near scary either, the audience (and me) were pretty much laughing at it on how daft it all was (especially the hair-pulling scene) and don't even get me started on the misleading trailers that are shown on the telly! Hardly any of the scenes shown in the trailer are even in the bloody movie, including one that I thought would be very important for a prequel considering it's a major thing to the story.

I must admit though, it's definitely better than the second one but the first still holds the crown. Also, that camera fan stand thing is a cool idea but the noise from it irritated me a little. All in all, I wished I lived in ignorance and just imagined my own reason as to why Toby haunted Katie...instead, we get a pretty crappy explanation that pretty much had everybody facepalming at how crappy it was.

Still, there were a couple of good jumps and the acting was alright but other than that, a complete borefest and a waste of my money and time. Should have waited for the unrated version (which I think is what we saw in the trailer). They should be sued for misleading people, lmao.

First was shit, so didn't bother seeing the second. This one was shit until the last part, which was really good I thought.

When the woman (really can't remember her name) is at the top of the stairs, that bit freaked me out. Then when he opened that door and there was those people, was freaky.

Overall it was crap, but the end was good.

First was shit, so didn't bother seeing the second. This one was shit until the last part, which was really good I thought.

When the woman (really can't remember her name) is at the top of the stairs, that bit freaked me out. Then when he opened that door and there was those people, was freaky.

Overall it was crap, but the end was good.

I liked the first part of that spoiler you posted too. I thought it was one of the good points of the movie. All 5 seconds of it! :p

Regardless of whether it was good or bad, it still entertained me. (which is good)

but the frogurt is also cursed. That's bad.

So yeah, although it isn't a good film I didn't get bored so it must be doing something right. I've not seen the second one but just like the first one it was funny as hell.

The entire end part of the film is hilarious. :grin:

The whole thing is ridiculous but even more so than the first one. There were some effects that I did like but others that just looked silly.

The rotating camera was a fun idea but under utilized. They kept coming up with new ways but in the end it boiled down to "jumpy bits."

It's hard to do a horror as you get used to the techniques they are using and it needs to work on a more psychological level so you start doubting yourself.

SUBTLY IS THE KEY.

I only just watched the first PA which I rented, I enjoyed it, lots of tension and a pretty freaky. The bluray had an "Alternate" option, we flipped a coin to see which version to watch and alternate won. The only difference was the ending we found out (quick wiki search) so we skipped to the last scene of the theatrical version to see the different ending. Original was better.

I also rented Insidious which I watched before PA, Insidious probably freaked me out more though.