N-Europe

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played the demo last night and loved it to bit. I've had the game preordered for AGES now and this demo just made the wait that little bit tougher. Im not a fan of this kind of game but with it being Final Fantasy and having all the music that I love and listen to in the game I know I will get a lot of use out of it.

I loved the 2 songs that the demo let me play, especially Man with the Machine Gun, it's one of my favourites from FFVIII.

I was reading the demo topic on Gaf last night and just about everyone loved the demo and are now picking up the game. A few people were unsure about the game but the demo has made them change their minds. Good to hear.

So from what I can gather, this game doesn't include this:

Which is massively disappointing. :(

But it does feature this:

Which makes up for it, slightly. :smile:

Have the DLC tracks been revealed though? Not sure I can buy this game if Samba de Chocobo isn't in it. :shakehead

That's great news. What demos should do. I really want this game, but don't whether to wait. I'm on a game destroying mission and just playing through games to finish them off and either sell them or in the keep pile. Have loads I want to play through and want to not buy new games (unless I simply MUST have them) until I've thinned out a little or get them in a sale!

This game is awesome! I was afraid that it was mainly going to be a nostalgia fest I've only played FFIII, FFIV, Dissidia & FFXIII, but anyone can pick it up, it's superb! so far I'm really liking the field sequence rhythm game.

After 'perfecting' the easy mode in both, I tried medium on the 'Man with the Machine Gun', got a C. I'm liking the difficulty of the game, you can feel a considerable step-up from easy to medium and medium to hard...

I only lasted 10 seconds in the hardest difficulty!

What's thcheapest place for rhythm paradise? Absolutely love these games, but still need to finish ouendan 2!

Check your local video game shops to see if they have Rhythm Paradise and Elite Beat Agents, they might be hard to find now but they're stupidly cheap!

I'm not even a big FF fan, having only played 7, 9 and Crisis Core but I'm really excited for this game. I've S ranked Man with the Machine Gun on Expert and Sunleth Waterscape on Ultimate already, though I don't see myself being able to do the first song in Ultimate for a long time. :D

Check your local video game shops to see if they have Rhythm Paradise and Elite Beat Agents, they might be hard to find now but they're stupidly cheap!

I'm not even a big FF fan, having only played 7, 9 and Crisis Core but I'm really excited for this game. I've S ranked Man with the Machine Gun on Expert and Sunleth Waterscape on Ultimate already, though I don't see myself being able to do the first song in Ultimate for a long time. :D

Cheers bud, but I meant beat the beat. Wrong thread. I have all those games, even the original Japanese game and both ouendans :) Even taiko drum master actually - love 'em!

Play seems to be the cheapest for beat the beat. Don't know whether to wait or not... Are there online leaderoards?

There aren't online leaderboards for Beat the Beat. Beat the Beat is a great game worth buying especially since the European version has the Japanese and American soundtracks but personally I prefer playing 1 game at a time so I'd get Theatrhythm first, wait til I've done all the songs and finished the challenges then get Beat the Beat but if you don't mind juggling games then by all means get it ASAP.

When are these games coming out anyway?

Didn't realize this was actually a retail title(though I guess it makes sense with all the audio in it), however having only ever really played FFX and about 3 hours of FFXIII, it won't be for me. Checked out the demo and it's cool and all, but kinda feels like a cash grab for the hardcore fans.

Think I'm set on getting this. Recent videos I've seen make it look like there's a fair bit of RPG-like tinkering you can do to compliment the actual rhythm-based gameplay.

I'm just worried it's going to be one of those games I throw to one side and never return to once I realise I can't possibly do the harder-than-easiest modes *cough*Donkey Konga 2*cough*

Isn't that just art for the inside of the box? The characters' pictures are perfectly aligned to go with the holes that 3DS game boxes have.

Yeah it is, but not all cases bother with a full design (complete with logo). Some that feature art on the other side only fill the boxes and nothing else.

Nice to see them put the extra effort in.

I hate reversible covers that don't replicate the standard spine (so basically all of them). Just makes it look so out of place on my shelf/rack, like a pirate DVD or something.

Agreed totally. Always annoys the hell out of me and it's such a waste with games like Xenoblade which have beautiful reverse covers that are ruined by lacking the spine.

1flip.jpg

Flip over...

2flip.jpg

That's how it should be done!

Here's an IGN video review of the game. That and the demo made my mind up, I'm ordering it now.

You hadn't already? For shame.

In that review I think I seen this cutscene kicking about in the background of a song.

Snow being Snow. Odin and Lightning owning. Alexander protecting Hope! Love it!

You hadn't already? For shame.

No, I'm not really into the FF franchise (or at least WAS, I think now I could be), but the demo and people here talking about this game made me absolutely interested. The video review sealed the deal. In my defence I did order it less than five minutes after I watched the review. :D

In that review I think I seen this cutscene kicking about in the background of a song.

Snow being Snow. Odin and Lightning owning. Alexander protecting Hope! Love it!

Thanks for posting the video, although, I didn't get any reference to any previous games, I'm afraid. I've bought around five different FF games to my spouse for her PS2, PSP and DSi, but never played them myself. The video clip you posted though looks gorgeous, fantastic, absolutely amazing. Perhaps it is time for me to try to get more into this franchise? :)

Most people say that Final Fantasy 4 (on the DS), 6, 7, 8, 9 (on PSN to play on PS3 or PSP) and 10 (PS2 game that is getting a HD remake) are the best Final Fantasy games. I've only played 7 and 9 myself and they're pretty good though I don't really have time for RPGs now.

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy is £20.69 from Sainsbury's Entertainment using the voucher code SETENJ12. EDIT: The code only works for new customers only.

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Games/3DS/Theatrhythm-Final-Fantasy/product.html?product=E11104344

Edited by f00had