Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

I would think so. It might take a bit of work to get all this working though.

Perhaps if there was what looked like a link to a board that instead linked to the IRC channel page? Somewhat like the "Old Boards" link was for a few years. That might get a few more people interested.

How is this really any different from having it clickable in the header?

I've been racking my brain all morning trying to think of solutions, be it inlined etc. I've seen a few that open in a new window, but I don't know about everyone else but personally those ones bug me as I always lose them.

I think ideally we need to find a solution so that its always present (if you want it to be), it isn't affected by page changes and it doesn't require additional logins (ie it works off your user account). Does that sound best? (if we can find that)

Flashchat seems to be a frontrunner, but requires a $5 fee (which I know isn't much but I want to know its what we want before I pay for it). AJAX chat seems okay and produces this:

25ge4y0.jpg

You can login with your forum account or as a guest (as I have done). But then I can't see how this is any better than IRC which we already have.

Really...what do people want? Why is going onto IRC so troublesome?

Or there's a shoutbox akin to http://www.diondev.com/vb/

Although I think we're apprehensive because its could lead to content problems. We'd close it to members, but that doesn't prevent members from posting crap :p

Edited by Ashley

• 2 weeks later...
I want to say yes but its not as easy as it should be.

Note to self; look at templates and fiddle around with ReZ's penis the templates.

As far as i'm aware i think the only way to do this would be to have an IRC bot in the room checking periodically how many users are in the room.

• 3 weeks later...
Could we perhaps have a rule about putting those movie sort of animated gifs in spoiler boxes? I've lost count of how many times my system has frozen because of those.

I don't have a problem with these, just takes a few seconds longer to load the page.

You can't really ask people to not post them, as they are relevent in some topics.

Could we perhaps have a rule about putting those movie sort of animated gifs in spoiler boxes? I've lost count of how many times my system has frozen because of those.

I don't have a problem with these, just takes a few seconds longer to load the page.

You can't really ask people to not post them, as they are relevent in some topics.

he's only asking that people put them in spoiler boxes...

Its not actually the pages taking longer to load, but when I scroll down to them they usually freeze my browser. I'm not really suggesting it for personal reasons as I'm going to be upgrading my computer soonish, which hopefully should take care of the problem, but I'm going to guess others, maybe not even regulars might have similar problems.

Its not actually the pages taking longer to load, but when I scroll down to them they usually freeze my browser. I'm not really suggesting it for personal reasons as I'm going to be upgrading my computer soonish, which hopefully should take care of the problem, but I'm going to guess others, maybe not even regulars might have similar problems.

Do you mean animations in general, or just the ones put in spoiler boxes?

I percieved it as just any animations.

It's generally Dante posting them in a game thread for no real reason.

He happens to do this in the hot peeps thread as well, don't get me wrong, thats fine, but if he does more than once on a page, given the amount of images already, it can be sometimes abit much for my poor two year old computer. :hehe: