N-Europe

Hobo With a Shotgun

Goafer

Anyone watched it? Like Machete, it was one of the fake trailers in Grindhouse made into a real film. I just finished it and it's awesome. Completely stupid and 80's-tastic.

Some bits were a bit much ("the bus" being one bit), but I guess no one can accuse it of taming things down for the sake of the censors.

For anyone who's curious, imagine over the top acting from everyone but Rutger Hauer, gratuitous gore and a ludicrous, almost non existent storyline and that's pretty much it. The style reminds me a lot of Escape From New York/L.A. and the Mad Max series. Never a bad thing IMO.

Edit: Just to prove how utterly insane the film is, the music over the end credits is the same music used for the end credits of The Raccoons.

Edited by Goafer

Oh-oh-oh RUN WITH US.

Lisa Lougheed - she was about 17 when she recorded that song and others for the soundtrack. She released two critically acclaimed solo albums then disappeared. Shame, because she had such a fantastic and distinctive voice.

Edited by Iun

I have yet to see Machete, though I really want to. Saw this a few weeks(or months? time is lost!) back at my friend's house though cos someone bought it for his birthday and we ended up watching it. Not usually my style(gore isn't so much me) but I must say I appreciate what it was going for and they did it well. Quite amusing in places.