N-Europe

Halloween Scarefest at Alton Towers - Mini Meet

Goafer

Alton Towers Scarefest

Alton Towers Resort Scarefest 15-31 October 2011

The 2011 Scarefest promises to offer the most spooktacular event yet!

There is something for all thrill seekers and families, with tons of terrific rides, blockbusting attractions, amazing live shows, and weird and wonderful costume characters. The Theme Park will be open until 21:00!

Don’t miss out on a rare chance to ride your favourite rides in the dark! During Scarefest there are a whole host of additional attractions that are included in with the Theme Park Tickets - Including the highly rated Terror Of The Towers - What Lies Within. so book your tickets now. Plus if you love getting scared and want more screams - dare you enter The Boiler House or The Carnival of Screams (additional fee applies).

So yeah. Who wants to go? I can only really do a Saturday or maybe a Sunday if I have to. I know ReZ was hell bent on going, so he may override my choice of days. It's more his thing to be honest, although I would still love to go.

Also, we are so doing Thirteen in the dark. Needs to be done really.

Seems strange they make a big deal about going on the rides in the dark... because unless somethings changed... if you go late in the year, you can go on the rides when it's dark at 4-5pm anyway! :p Oblivions awesome in the dark, with the lights shining up through the smoke.

But anyway... yeah I'll think about this... and more so when there's a confirmed date.

Edited by Retro_Link

I don't know yet....basically I am awaiting dates on the other meet site who (tbh) take priority because I've been meaning to for ages and they're theme park people (but the idea would be to simul-meet, which you'd all be fine with I'm sure).

I'm not 100% convinced I'd want to on a weekend, but again it depends when it is exactly. Blah blah blah.

But yeah/. I'll report in when I know more.

Who WOULD be good for a weekday?

P.S. Whats this Th13teen child telling off business?

Basically, I'd never been on 13 before, so when it got to one point a kid went:

''Oh this is the worst bit.''

Que me screaming at the poor kid:

''Shut the fuck up, I've never been on this before!'' Panic ensued. The kid shut up pretty quickly.

But still, lolz.

ReZ, I'd probably only go if it was a weekday, but only on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday (I'll be at college on Monday and Tuesday) and it would probably be best to avoid half term (which I think would be 24th - 28th). So ideal dates for me would be 19th, 20th or 21st!

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost certainly going on either Monday 17th October or Tuesday 18th October (not avoiding you Eddage, :p), it starts on 15th October I think, and it turns out at work there is a valuation sent in October so there is no time off allowed from like the 20th - 30th ish of October.

Anyway, yeah I am going, @Claire is hopefully coming too, and of course I'd love to meet up with anyone. I don't know if I am going with anyone else yet, but I am meeting up with a few guys from YouTube/Facebook later in the day (they're schoolies/paedo win) or something.

Also FYI, (again anyone is welcome to join us, even as far as staying with us) we are hopefully staying over at a nearby B&B and am going to have a meal, go to the Chained Oak and chill out on the day BEFORE we go to the Towers) I stayed in one last year which was great - like basically houses that you stay in very close. Anyway, so plan is either go up on Sunday or Monday, and day in park on either Monday or Tuesday.

I will 100% confirm all of this as soon as I know exact arrangements!

Like I said, more than happy to see anyone for as little or as much (B&B etc) of this! :)