NEurope
Goafer

Theme Park Mini Meet?

I've got two weeks off work starting Monday and I want to go to a theme park. Anyone care to join me?

I'm thinking Alton Towers since it's pretty much in the middle of the country. I'm open to suggestions on dates (I know it's short notice, but meh. Thought I'd ask).

Any takers?

I am in a land in a far away place where the caravan camels roam. Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense, it's barbaric, and shit ain't home.

Honestly, you picked the worst time bro, I would except I'm not in England for another month yet.

Alas, I was "encouraged" to take time off. Not much choice in terms of dates unfortunately.

If it coincides with a day off, I will try my hardest to come.

Take that any way you like ;)

I would come at a different time but there's no chance I'm going to Alton Towers during the summer holidays. You'll get on about 5 rides all day and no doubt have 3+ hour queues!

I would come at a different time but there's no chance I'm going to Alton Towers during the summer holidays. You'll get on about 5 rides all day and no doubt have 3+ hour queues!

This. I'd love to come but it seems like a bit of a waste. Maybe if there's a really good deal though.

Start of September is best, just after the kids have all gone back.

I'm down the road from Alton towers at the moment so hell yeah. If I don't get this spotify job that is..!

If it coincides with a day off, I will try my hardest to come.

Take that any way you like ;)

I'm down the road from Alton towers at the moment so hell yeah. If I don't get this spotify job that is..!

What days are best for you guys then? When are your days off Peeps? Like I said, I've got 2 weeks off, so any time is good for me.

I've not idea when I'll know about Spotify, but I'll get back to you tomorrow about it, I'm pretty sure they'll tell me quite quickly.

But if not I think the end of Aug is pretty much a given, maybe the start of sept? I'll have to see if there's any 2 for 1 around.

I'd offer lifts and that, but I don't think there's anyone on here from Cheshire, go figure!

Actaully Alton hasn't been astronomically busy in the last few weeks.

Anyway I can't really come as I'm not taking any time off at my job for the time being.

But if not I think the end of Aug is pretty much a given, maybe the start of sept? I'll have to see if there's any 2 for 1 around.

I'd offer lifts and that, but I don't think there's anyone on here from Cheshire, go figure!

I can only really do 13th - 29th August since that's when I have off work.

I can offer lifts too to anyone who is in the Oxfordshire/Northamptonshire area or anywhere between there and Alton Towers. Equally, if anyone wants to get the train to Banbury, I can drive them the rest of the way.

I can only really do 13th - 29th August since that's when I have off work.

I can offer lifts too to anyone who is in the Oxfordshire/Northamptonshire area or anywhere between there and Alton Towers. Equally, if anyone wants to get the train to Banbury, I can drive them the rest of the way.

Then pick a date between the 13th and 29th then, fool. :indeed::heh:

Then pick a date between the 13th and 29th then, fool. :indeed::heh:

Well, I'm waiting for Peeps to let us know when his time off work is so that it doesn't end up being just us two!

'Fess up, that's exactly what you want, isn't it?

Well, I'm waiting for Peeps to let us know when his time off work is so that it doesn't end up being just us two!

'Fess up, that's exactly what you want, isn't it?

tumblr_lpp0ugaJoU1r0wbiho1_500.png

:indeed:

Anyway, good plan, tell me when there's a date up and I'll see if I can go.

I love Alton Towers! Even if i did have a funny turn last time. Put me down for a maybe. :)

EDIT: Oh and i think i have some two for one tickets around...

Edited by Mike1988uk

I'll put myself down as a maybe, if we can get at least a 2for1/half price offer.

Also can give lifts for anyone in the sheffield/nottingham area (petrol contributions will be appreciated [read:expected]).

I have the 16th and 17th off : peace:

16th then everyone?

Edited by Goafer

Can we not just cancel this due to jealousy and emotional damage I am likely to suffer.

Or just do one near Halloween too as I mentioned the other day that other foryum Im on blah blah blah, Id type more but not on my pc. :(

16th then everyone?

Well I can't make 16th, but don't take me into consideration if that's better for everyone else as I'm not a definite.

Well I can't make 16th, but don't take me into consideration if that's better for everyone else as I'm not a definite.

Is the 17th any better? I just picked the 16th because I'm impatient.

I'm working an evening shift on the 16th... (1500-0000) :(

ALTHOUGH i have the possibility of trying to ask for it off.

EDIT: AND also working a late on the 17th... (i work shifts on a three week rolling rota).