N-Europe

England Riots

LegoMan1031

But I don't see where anyone said all black people were hooligans? People time and again stated and knew that it was a mix of people all joining together under their intent to cause havoc.

All I can really remember was dwarf's comment, but he was called out on it and apologized latter on if I recall correctly.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked, and with little rebuke - Thanks N-Europe. ("Oh, I didn't see this..." "Its a JOKE hahaha" etc etc.) Yes, thank you.

My impression was that most people saw that and disapproved. But then that might have been skewed by also discussing it in the chatroom. And as I pointed out at the time (in the chatroom also), from a moderation perspective, you can't really infract/ban people purely for holding racist views (racial insults directed at specific members would be different). Either way, anyone genuinely believing that kind of stuff has already punished themselves by revealing their idiocy to everyone else.

Edited by Supergrunch

Most of you here talk as if you live on moral High-ground... But do very little to denounce the racism in this topic. Don't think of yourselves as balanced individuals - most of you are just as idiotic as these mindless noobs.

Okay you said "most".

Also if you want to get petty about words, it is quite not quiet. :/

Okay you said "most".

Also if you want to get petty about words, it is quite not quiet. :/

Haha... Now thats a good one.

My impression was that most people saw that and disapproved. But then that might have been skewed by also discussing it in the chatroom. And as I pointed out at the time (in the chatroom also), from a moderation perspective, you can't really infract/ban people purely for holding racist views (racial insults directed at specific members would be different). Either way, anyone genuinely believing that kind of stuff has already punished themselves by revealing their idiocy to everyone else.

Of course. I am totally against censorship and wouldn't want anyone with any sort of viewpoint to be banned, and an infraction doesn't give me any sort of pleasure. I appreciate this stand point.

I ignored the obvious racism in Dwarf's post. In my opinion the best response is to completely ignore it. If someone is that racist then a few posts on an internet forum isn't going to change them. He also apologised for it later.

How about instead of getting on everyone's case about not debunking him, why don't you have a go at him yourself instead of chastising us?

Can we get a thread rip please? I want to keep up with the riots, but that's pretty much impossible here.

Me and a friend visited some of the riot locations in London today. Other than one street where pretty much every mobile phone shop had it's windows boarded up, the places seemed perfectly normal.

Me and a friend visited some of the riot locations in London today. Other than one street where pretty much every mobile phone shop had it's windows boarded up, the places seemed perfectly normal.

That's reassuring news, a girl from my work is in London for the weekend, and I had imagined that all the shops would be smashed up.

Edited by EddieColeslaw

Everything I want to say about the topic of provocative humour, I have already said in that thread, so I won't continue the debate further in this thread.

Regarding dwarf's comment, everyone probably ignored it because it was either 1) a bad attempt at a joke, which should just be met with awkward silence, or 2) a serious opinion, the stupidity of which is not even worth commenting on.

There was a blackout on my street the other day. The Police soon caught him though.

Wordplay. I love it! Very clever, though let down by the notion that someone's race is justification for arrest.

Ah, I'm sorry, but why have we got these people in our country?

Decades ago, Enoch Powell warned of "Rivers of Blood" due to uncontrolled immigration. He was absolutely right, and yet was forever villified as a racist. Good job we've always had those liberals running the country for us. They know best...

LOLOLO....oh wait this isn't a joke, is it? Yikes!

I'd argue that most of these people are fuckwit delinquents who like to smash shit up at any opportunity. Otherwise known as black men.

Delivery needs some work. Pro tip? Drink a fuckton of bleach! Helps with timing.

Trust Sickipedia to unite majorities and minorities:

My racist jokes are getting a lot of dislikes today.

It's almost as if hundreds of niggers have all just got a new laptop or something.

so funy

That will do for now. Time for my valium!

Also found a gem from peeps that I somehow missed, telling me to shut my big woman mouth. Nice!

Also found a gem from peeps that I somehow missed, telling me to shut my big woman mouth. Nice!

You know what, fuck off. I didn't do anything of the sort. You're not even a woman.

I'm telling you to shut up now. Stop getting offended on behalf of EVERYONE. No one here is out to offend. If you're going to make comments on everything you think will offend SOMEONE ELSE then you're going to make these forums a very serious and boring place.

Wordplay. I love it! Very clever, though let down by the notion that someone's race is justification for arrest.

For me (and I presume other people who found it funny), the notion that someones race is justification for their arrest is what makes it funny (along with the wordplay). It's ridiculous to the point where it's just silly, funny even. I'm not claiming it's intelligent humour, but I'm willing to be that even Einstein laughed at a fart or two in his time.

The people I choose to surround myself with don't believe for a second that a black person is always going to be a criminal. That's why I feel comfortable making these jokes with them. They know that the idea is ridiculous, I know it too and we all know that we all feel the same way. I did think about whether or not to post it here, but I gave everyone the benefit of the doubt and assumed that everyone here was mature enough to see it the same way.

Well I was only collecting quotes of jokes like I said I would...

look peeps, I don't want to hurt your feelings or have a shouting match. My goal in this thread is to point out racism and generally uncool shit. I think we have a lot of fun in the mafia games and I think the forum is spoiled when stuff like this happens. I didn't bring up gender in this thread, but I did call it out, and I have every right to - it's irrelevant to the topic. Read twenty pages of this thread and come back without feeling flippant, it aint easy!

I saw Dwarf's post. I groaned and ignored it. I trust others did the same.

@Yvonne: I see bad jokes that do not show actual racism by the poster (though Dwarf's could've fooled us). The last one is also clearly meant to be ironic, even if the choice of words is dubious.

Grazza's post wasn't racist or in jest. It was just an opinion on mass immigration (with which I disagree).

Edited by Jonnas

Well I was only collecting quotes of jokes like I said I would...

look peeps, I don't want to hurt your feelings or have a shouting match. My goal in this thread is to point out racism and generally uncool shit. I think we have a lot of fun in the mafia games and I think the forum is spoiled when stuff like this happens. I didn't bring up gender in this thread, but I did call it out, and I have every right to - it's irrelevant to the topic. Read twenty pages of this thread and come back without feeling flippant, it aint easy!

No, I was the one who brought up gender in the thread. I called you the female Mad Monkey. I assumed you were female because of your username but thats it.

Please explain to me what is wrong with what I said? (ignoring the Mad Monkey comment as ive already apologised for that.....for the life of me I dont remember why though)