N-Europe

"The Killing" TV Show

ReZourceman

I've been meaning to watch this, but part of me feels like I should watch the Danish original first. But I'm probably not going to want to watch both and would probably take more to the American version, so I should just get over it.

Meh, I'm halfway through Friday Night Lights at the moment, so it doesn't really matter right now anyway.

I hear a lot of fans really disliked one thing in The Killing, but I won't spoil it... I can't decide if it's a big or a small spoiler.

• 2 months later...

The second series of the Danish 'The Killing' is on BBC 4 in November and I think the first series is on iPlayer at the moment as they've rerun it recently.

As for the American version, it's alright. There are some aspects that have translated quite well, but the political of the story so far seems a bit clumsily handled. I haven't seen the finale yet; I'm a little confused as to what they're going to do to cover everything unless they're splitting the plot into two series with a big cliffhanger.

Meanwhile, the last season of The Sopranos somehow managed to feel both too drawn out and too rushed at the same time. :hmm:

But, um, yeah. The show was great overall, of course. I think the ending just spoiled it a bit for me. That, and the untimely death of Tony's mother. She was my favorite character.

I really should watch The Killing. But now I'm halfway through The Shield, so it'll have to wait once again.