N-Europe

Day-to-Day Life.

Frank

Recently I've become monotonous with my days. It's not terribly bad but I feel like I need to do more new things. I sincerely do try to find something new each day but - of course - it's easier said then done.

I should just be content but I'm worried that I'll soon find myself in an endless cycle of doing the same thing, over and over.

There are a few "big" things ahead. Such as my hiking trip, my holiday with some friends to Stockholm (or Croatia), my grad, and possibly a trip to France with the family. Yet, sometimes I find myself doing the same thing for a solid week.

It's frustrating.

What's worse is that I'm aware of the whole "If you keep doing the same thing you'll keep getting the same result...so change it." I dunno.

(Probably being melodramatic :p)

So, fellow N-Ers...tell me -- what is your daily life like? Do you repeat each day monotonously or are you super adventurous and do something new each day?

Edited by Frank

So what do you want to do?

I have to say, I've finally found something I really like doing: sports! We have this sports group in facebook, where anyone can suggest an activity, time and place. This is all just for fun, no competition etc. Feels so awesome, trying different kinds of stuff, meeting people and having fun while exercising! :) Thus far we've played beach volley, football, ultimate (couldn't make it), and swam 2 kilometers down the river. Yesterday we couldn't get a good beach volley group going, but luckily there are always players at the biggest beach here, so me and my friend just joined some games and spent 2½ hours playing there. Little swimming break to keep things fresh as well. Today I just rested my feet and threw some basketball by myself...

So yeah, feels great! :) I also want to expand my social life, so this is perfect for that as well...I have ideas of what to do alright, just finding some company now!

So what do you want to do?

I'm not entirely sure. I think I want something new. Adventure. Just to fly away somewhere and forget everything.

sex+and+the+city+2+liza+minelli.jpg

The main hindrance is I'm tired of my own company. I think too much. I'm not lonely just...tired of my thoughts.

It's funny how contemplative thinking is both man's greatest treasure and enemy.

Nothing is good nor bad, but thinking that makes it so.

Is it possible to feel so free yet trapped simultaneously?

I have spouts where I do crazy shit.

How often do these crazy spouts occur? :confused:

My life is a borefest to be honest.

I wanna go do stuff, see things, discover things, explore the world.

But I have no one to do these things with so I just sit at home all day, trying to entertain myself with whatever I have available.

I feel like I'm wasting/have wasted my youth away and it saddens me.

*emo*

But someday I will at least go to Disneyworld and have fun there! Yes!

My life is a borefest to be honest.

I wanna go do stuff, see things, discover things, explore the world.

But I have no one to do these things with so I just sit at home all day, trying to entertain myself with whatever I have available.

I feel like I'm wasting/have wasted my youth away and it saddens me.

*emo*

This :( Apart from the sitting at home part. My life in the summer is just (unpaid) work every day, and OFF TO THE INTERNETS when I have time. At the beginning of this summer I had time to paint and do some creative things, but not anymore.

Eenuh! We can't let life pass us by like this! NEED TO ELOPE!

Every few weeks or so. / they aren't regular.

"Let's change things. Let's danger it up. We're crazy enough." ~ Kate Bush

You sure you wanna do this, Honeybee? 'cause I sure am.

24fefpx.jpg

Hold on. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

I'm more than happy doing the same things if they are things I like. I don't need extravagant adventures just so I can compile a crazy list of interesting things I did.

I can't waste my life. I am not scared. I am happy.

What if you try to change your life, like, one minute before you die? :hmm:

You wouldn't get that much out of it, but you could technically still change it. :heh: What I'm getting at is that it's downright silly, at our age, to say it's "too late to change our lives", when most of us have only lived at most a third of our expected lifespans. Why go all that time and be unhappy because we think it's too late to do anything about it when we could easily do an active effort to change it? It can be surprisingly easy to change your life, just by changing your mentality and doing things differently. If it's something that takes more of an effort, then don't just feel discouraged from the get-go and never get anything done about it; start planning how you can achieve the change you want.

I like how Diageo's sig says Any objections? *in a macho voice*, which is then immediately followed by Danny and Phoenix Wright in his OBJECTION! pose! xD

The main hindrance is I'm tired of my own company. I think too much. I'm not lonely just...tired of my thoughts.

It's funny how contemplative thinking is both man's greatest treasure and enemy.

Nothing is good nor bad, but thinking that makes it so.

Hmm, what kind of thoughts are those then? What kind of thoughts would you like to have?

It's never too late to change your life. :)

You tell 'em, man! :) So start kicking some ass, you girlie McGirlierssons! Eenuh, have you tried finding company? I.e. going to events that you like, doing activities where you might find people with similar interestes, searching the internet for local people, just talking to people wherever you go etc?

My life in the summer is just (unpaid) work every day

Unpaid work? :o How come?

You tell 'em, man! :) So start kicking some ass, you girlie McGirlierssons! Eenuh, have you tried finding company? I.e. going to events that you like, doing activities where you might find people with similar interestes, searching the internet for local people, just talking to people wherever you go etc?

Can't think of any events or activities I would/could go to. My only real interests are drawing and playing videogames.

And I'm not a social person. I don't really talk to anyone, I just listen.

I'm taking a course now, and in august I'll be working, but neither could really be considered full time commitments. When I'm home I tend to just play games and browse the internet, sometimes program if I'm feeling more ambitious. Lately I've felt that I should be out doing stuff though. The main problem with that is I have no idea what I should be out doing.

I'm taking a course now, and in august I'll be working, but neither could really be considered full time commitments. When I'm home I tend to just play games and browse the internet, sometimes program if I'm feeling more ambitious. Lately I've felt that I should be out doing stuff though. The main problem with that is I have no idea what I should be out doing.

There's free stuff to do while "out"! Wander around, get lost, notice things, start conversations with old people and ask them about their life experiences, eavesdrop on people. (Unless you live in a tiny town like I do.)

Every Monday to Friday is the same for me, which kinda blows.

Monday - up at 6am, work for 7am, home at 5pm, gym / swim till 7pm, Parents for food 8pm, home and go to bed by 11pm

Tuesday - up at 6:30am, work for 8:30am, home at 5:30pm / Football ranging from 6:45pm kickoff to 9pm kickoff, Bed by 11pm

Wednesday - up at 6:30am, work for 8:30am, home at 5:30pm, food between 5:30 & 7pm, Cinema if there is anything worth watching, other-wise gym

Thursday - up at 6:30am, work for 8:30am, home at 5:30pm, gym / swim till 7pm, food then xbox till 11pm

Friday - up at 6:30am, work for 8:30am, home at 2:30pm, from there till Sunday it's all random and off the cuff.

other than that my routine rarely changes.

unless i'm on holiday or off work sick.