NEurope
Beast

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-movie-poster.jpg

It's official. The last ever Harry Potter movie will be out next week for us but for those lucky gits right now, they'll be able to see it before we do! I don't know about you lot but I'm very much looking forward to seeing it and I'm just counting down the days until it comes out.

Also, to anybody who is interested, here is the live coverage of the red carpet for the premiere.

I've grew up reading and watching Harry Potter from when I was seven or eight years old and it's kind of sad to see it end and it will be odd to not look forward to watching them in the cinema anymore so it will leave some kind of hole in my life but still, it's been awesome. At least I'll have Pottermore to look forward to though! :p

It'll probably just be me who's very looking forward to watching this but is anybody else looking forward to seeing this movie? What's been your favourite parts in the books or the movies? Your favourite characters? Least favourite characters or parts?

Discuss! :yay:

Edited by Animal

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-movie-poster.jpg

It's official. The last ever Harry Potter movie will be out next week for us but for those lucky gits right now, they'll be able to see it before we do! I don't know about you lot but I'm very much looking forward to seeing it and I'm just counting down the days until it comes out.

Also, to anybody who is interested, here is the live coverage of the red carpet for the premiere.

I've grew up reading and watching Harry Potter from when I was seven or eight years old and it's kind of sad to see it end and it will be odd to not look forward to watching them in the cinema anymore so it will leave some kind of hole in my life but still, it's been awesome. At least I'll have Pottermore to look forward to though! :p

It'll probably just be me who's very looking forward to watching this

Discuss! :yay:

I'd imagine there's probably a few more people looking forward to watching this too.

I've got my ticket for the 21.20 showing on Friday and i'm rather excited.

I'm going in the morning showing and I'm so incredibly looking forward to it! I just PRAY the 3D is good! If not, I'll most likely watch it in 2D anyways, haha.

last ever Harry Potter movie

I very much doubt that.

Edit: Anyway, I may be watching this. Depends is ReZ drags everyone to see it a week on Sunday. I should probably watch part 1 just in case.

Going to see it 17:15 next Friday, IMAX 3D. Hope it's a good send off for the series.

I don't think I'll be able to see this... I don't have anyone around me who wants to see it I think. =(

Plus I'll be in the UK for two weeks soon so won't be able to watch it there either (Jim doesn't like HP). Booooh.

After seeing the trailer

"I never wanted anyone to die for me!!!" (duh)

"Let's finish this like we started it... together!" (what?)

I will not be going to see this at the cinema.

I'm so excited for this! :D But you all knew that already. :heh: I thought I'd be unable to go to the midnight premiere with my friend group of fellow Harry Potter fans due to me leaving for London and the meet, but it turns out I can just make it. :)

Cube, why do you doubt it'll be the last movie?

Just start it all over again. Like how the narnia books have had a couple of interpretations.

What would they make a new movie about then?

Harry's Mum and Dad? Young Dumbledore and Voldemort? Anything they can think of to make more money?

Well the cashcow books have stopped. Maybe a Harry Potter cartoon will be next?

Just start it all over again. Like how the narnia books have had a couple of interpretations.

That would be the best bet, I guess.

Harry's Mum and Dad? Young Dumbledore and Voldemort? Anything they can think of to make more money?

Rowling has no plans of writing more stories from the Potter universe, so they can't make any more officially licensed movies.

Adore this trailer and it's made me realise how sad I'll be to see the series finish! :(

Still, I guess it'll end on massive epic proportions! :)

I'm going in the morning showing and I'm so incredibly looking forward to it! I just PRAY the 3D is good! If not, I'll most likely watch it in 2D anyways, haha.

Dude seriously, please please please just see it in 2D.

A) Don't support 3D. Its dying, and if the number split comes in for this and its low, it'll help a HUGE amount to get rid of it (on post prod at least)

B) It was done post production. Post production 3D HAS ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS be shit.

C) I promise you.

D) Just buy 2D luxury seat if you want to spend more on the same movie. :p

------------

And I have no idea when I'm going to see this.

Dude seriously, please please please just see it in 2D.

A) Don't support 3D. Its dying, and if the number split comes in for this and its low, it'll help a HUGE amount to get rid of it (on post prod at least)

B) It was done post production. Post production 3D HAS ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS be shit.

C) I promise you.

D) Just buy 2D luxury seat if you want to spend more on the same movie. :p

------------

And I have no idea when I'm going to see this.

I was debating whether to see it in 2D or 3D and the way I see it is that I will be seeing it in 2D when it comes out so I decided to see it in 3D. What I really want to do is read reviews on what the 3D is like to see if it's any good/worth it.

I don't know whether to see it in 2D or 3D now because of the whole post-production thing you mentioned. Clash was post-production and I heard that was horrific in 3D...

There isn't a single post production 3D movie that has been remotely decent or rather worth seeing in 3D.

Despite knowing how the story goes from reading the books i'm still really looking forward to watching this to see how they finish it off on screen! :)

Post production 3D looks shit.

I'll watch this film (in 2D) but I doubt I'll enjoy it. I'm too much of a fan of the books to let myself enjoy the films. It pisses me off that they'll cut significant things from the books but then stick in other things that didn't even happen (example from the trailer where Harry says to Voldemort 'let's finish this the way we started it - together" then they fall over a ledge - wtf is that shit? Fuck off plz).

Yes the film is obviously going to differ from the books but I don't have to enjoy it :p

There are some things the films do really well (trying to make this balanced so we don't end up with a debate over films vs books) but I just can't let myself get past the changes.

Rowling has no plans of writing more stories from the Potter universe, so they can't make any more officially licensed movies.

I'm pretty sure Rowling has signed away an awful lot of the Potter universe to other companies, especially for merchandise - it may be they're allowed to do what they want with regards to films.

IMHO it should be the best film by miles.

But then Azkaban shouldn't have been the best film, so....who fucking knows.

I think I may be seeing this in 3D. I've read some reviews today who have said when 3D is crap and stuff and according to them, it's used well so that sounds good.

Besides, I'll be seeing it in 2D about a million times when it's released on DVD anyway! :p