N-Europe

Google+

Ten10

Really?

I dunno whether it's just the people I've added but I've already gotten so much more value from it.

Bare in mind I don't have Facebook (the "real" social stuff doesn't interest me - I don't care if you're waiting for a bus in the rain).

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Limited field trial is over. Doors are now open to all. Doubt this will change much though.

Ah cool, maybe I can get more of my mates/family to move away from Facebook now, I much prefer the "circles" thing of G+ for making posts.

I assume it still requires a gmail though?

I think Facebook has most of Google+'s features now. Maybe they will allow you to talk about Google+ in your posts now?

In what way does FB block you talking about G+?

I mentioned it in a twitter post with a link to my G+ account (though I only said G+ and not Google+) and it downloaded fine to my FB profile

I assume it still requires a gmail though?

It just requires a google account which can be made with any address. My mum users an address with her own domain and I know a few people using hotmail and live mail addresses.

In what way does FB block you talking about G+?

It has been seen that people who posted invitations to google+ in the past can see the message in their own stream but it wouldn't appear for their friends.

It has been seen that people who posted invitations to google+ in the past can see the message in their own stream but it wouldn't appear for their friends.

Ah that could be it I guess. Though I just tried the "view as" feature to look at my profile how my sister would see it and my G+ post is still there, though I guess FB could just be trying to trick me, haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
My personal guestimate is two years.

I'm also pleased to announce that there are over 90M Google+ users -- well over double what I announced just a quarter ago on our earnings call. Engagement on + is also growing tremendously. I have some amazing data to share there for the first time: +users are very engaged with our products -- over 60% of them engage daily, and over 80% weekly.

Source: https://plus.google.com/106189723444098348646/posts

Looks like Google might get their faster than I predicted.

• 1 year later...

I'm a little late to the party but I've just got myself a Google+ account and already I'm loving it! Unfortunately, for some reason, not a lot of people use it, which is a shame, I don't know if you guys do but add me.

I don't necessarily know how to add people but my e-mail is [email protected] if that helps...