N-Europe

J to Tha Lo

Paj!

I feel a J.Lo thread is in order after her guest appearances in the LCD thread.

Her mark will always be left in my history books as J.Lo was my first ever parental advisory album, and my mum listened through it before I could (and missed the only swear word 'Dj play mah muthafuckin' SONG' in Play, the song I bought the album for anyway).

ImageProxy.axd?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.musicnet.com%2Falbums%2F009%2F347%2F417%2Fa.jpeg&w=270&h=270&a=Maintain&d=270_270

Play is still the best song I've ever heard. The beat is like nothing on earth. And the video is so early 2000's! Imagine anyone getting that kind of video budget nowadays. I want to be on that plane/starcruiser.

And what of her acting career? I find her a charming feature in the rom-comm-y type films she's done (only seen Monster In Law and Back Up Plan, but she was amusing in both), and I thought she was fine in The Cell.

I do enjoy a good number of her singles. I have...2-3 of her albums on my iTunes but realistically I could delete the majority and live my life lighter for it.

Love the Lopez? Hate the Henny? THOUGHTS. CRITICISMS. DEBATE ON THE ICON.

I do love some classic J-Lo. However much I love Play, it bugs me that she mimes the chorus in the video even though it's Christina Milian singing the entirety of it.

Ain't It Funny or Love Don't Cost A Thing are my favourites. I refuse to link to the video of the latter because of the hairstyle featured on it. Braids, much like crimping, need to be destroyed. Especially on a grown woman.

Oh, and I adore 'Papi' from the new album.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Slaggis

She's got hotter and hotter as times gone on, she's stunning now!

Don't really have much to say on her music, memorable songs but none I really liked/stand out.

I like her more as a person, she comes across lovely in interviews, and on American Idol.

Makes me want her to do well.

On The Floor was alright.

Nice enough in The Wedding Planner.

Also watched Monster in Law the other night which she was good in.

I do love some classic J-Lo. However much I love Play, it bugs me that she mimes the chorus in the video even though it's Christina Milian singing the entirety of it.]

I never knew that! Was it a Milian demo/song she passed up or something?

*remembers my Christina Milian thread*

An Ashanti thread is sure to follow soon enough.

I completely forgot Chair and I's favourite video/song of all time was this for a brief period:

EDIT: And this overlooked classique! So many memories.

My friend said that she was a spy they sent to find Maddy McCann.

I have no idea why she didn't sing it herself, but it was indeed written by Milian. I don't think any reason was given as to why though.

Oh, Christina.

Your faves could never.

Edited by Slaggis

I have absolutely no negative feelings towards her. She seemed to have disappeared for a while and is coming back well with some enjoyable songs. She was very popular back when I was younger and I liked her, but nothing overly great. She has some really good songs, but none that I can remember right now. She just seems to be there in the background and then comes in with some random good song every now and then.