N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCKING YES! DIRK! :D

So happy. Unbelievable atmosphere, brilliant game.

The boo'ing of Evra all game was shit, it would of been better if the Suárez song was sung instead.

Highlight of the day? Suarez's celebration when Dirk scored. :D

Pretty disappointed with the game. I thought United looked the better team for the majority of it but we didn't create enough chances in the final third. I would've taken off Giggs instead of Scholes, because we looked light in midfield once he went off. The momentum shifted towards Liverpool then. Thought Giggsy had one of his quieter days.

Thought Evra did really well today considering the crowd who were on his back. I watched the game with a mate who is a Spurs fan, and he said he didn't understand why a player who was racially abused is being booed at a game. It's bizarre. Thought he did ok considering that, but he was partially at fault for the winner.

De Gea didn't do himself any favours today. Could've done better with both goals, although it would've had to have been a good save to push away Kuyt's goal. Lindegaard is looking like the keeper for the now, and De Gea might be one for the future. He should've done better.

Also, I found it odd how ITV didn't go into much detail regarding the Maxi and Downing challenges in the second half. Both didn't look like pretty tackles. I've only seen them during the game because I can't find footage anywhere, but the Downing one in particular looked like it should've been a red card. My Spurs supporting mate was quick to say it was a red, and we both called it there and then. In general, I thought ITV's coverage was really poor, whereas the BBC and SkySports would've replayed incidents (even good tackles) so we could see them again.

Anyway, well done, Liverpool.

No more Suarez now please... ever.

I've settled on a sig for life now. ;)

Pretty disappointed with the game. I thought United looked the better team for the majority of it but we didn't create enough chances in the final third. I would've taken off Giggs instead of Scholes, because we looked light in midfield once he went off. The momentum shifted towards Liverpool then. Thought Giggsy had one of his quieter days.

Thought Evra did really well today considering the crowd who were on his back. I watched the game with a mate who is a Spurs fan, and he said he didn't understand why a player who was racially abused is being booed at a game. It's bizarre. Thought he did ok considering that, but he was partially at fault for the winner.

De Gea didn't do himself any favours today. Could've done better with both goals, although it would've had to have been a good save to push away Kuyt's goal. Lindegaard is looking like the keeper for the now, and De Gea might be one for the future. He should've done better.

Also, I found it odd how ITV didn't go into much detail regarding the Maxi and Downing challenges in the second half. Both didn't look like pretty tackles. I've only seen them during the game because I can't find footage anywhere, but the Downing one in particular looked like it should've been a red card. My Spurs supporting mate was quick to say it was a red, and we both called it there and then. In general, I thought ITV's coverage was really poor, whereas the BBC and SkySports would've replayed incidents (even good tackles) so we could see them again.

Anyway, well done, Liverpool.

I don't really get the boo'ing either. Showing support of Suárez would of been much better. I understand why people want to boo, but it isn't the best choice.

I don't remember the Downing one. Maxi maybe should/could of been sent off. I agree with you on ITV. Does Adrian Chiles even watch Football? He just seems clueless all the time. Then they put Ince and Southgate on, who are terrible. Don't really mind Keane.

Neville is the best pundit on TV. :p

I've settled on a sig for life now. ;)

I don't really get the boo'ing either. Showing support of Suárez would of been much better. I understand why people want to boo, but it isn't the best choice.

I don't remember the Downing one. Maxi maybe should/could of been sent off. I agree with you on ITV. Does Adrian Chiles even watch Football? He just seems clueless all the time. Then they put Ince and Southgate on, who are terrible. Don't really mind Keane.

Neville is the best pundit on TV. :p

Supporting the player is one thing, which I wouldn't have had much of a problem with, considering he's a Liverpool player and the fans would want to chant his name. (although, maybe there's an argument that would fans really want to chant the name of somebody charged with that, but that's for a different day) It was just disappointing really and I felt for Evra.

The Downing one looked worse as it looked like he jumped into it. It looked like the ref was going for a card with the Maxi one but he got taken off pretty quickly. ITV were just terrible for the coverage all game, it was very flat. As a football fan, you want to see those big moments again and get "into" the match. The coverage just seemed like "Here's a game of football...watch it."

Neville is brilliant as a pundit. Really am proud of him. He knows the game really well and doesn't try to talk about something he doesn't understand. I'm also growing to like Lee Dixon, and he makes very good points. He also doesn't repeat himself like some of the other guys do or try to push their own agenda. He's very straight-forward.

The booing was shit from the liverpool fans but I almost expected it tbh.

Agreed with you both on ITV's coverage, much prefer watching matches on Sky.

And yeah he definatly was going for a card for Maxi, I remember just seeing it come out of his pocket then go back in again...

Supporting the player is one thing, which I wouldn't have had much of a problem with, considering he's a Liverpool player and the fans would want to chant his name. (although, maybe there's an argument that would fans really want to chant the name of somebody charged with that, but that's for a different day) It was just disappointing really and I felt for Evra.

The Downing one looked worse as it looked like he jumped into it. It looked like the ref was going for a card with the Maxi one but he got taken off pretty quickly. ITV were just terrible for the coverage all game, it was very flat. As a football fan, you want to see those big moments again and get "into" the match. The coverage just seemed like "Here's a game of football...watch it."

Neville is brilliant as a pundit. Really am proud of him. He knows the game really well and doesn't try to talk about something he doesn't understand. I'm also growing to like Lee Dixon, and he makes very good points. He also doesn't repeat himself like some of the other guys do or try to push their own agenda. He's very straight-forward.

Alan Smith on Sky is probably the worse. His voice is so unbelievable dreary and he talks complete shite. He points out what is happening, which we all can see, and offers nothing in terms of tactical analysis and doesn't bring up any interesting points ever. Ray Wilkins is nearly as bad.

Lee Dixon is one of the better ones definitely. BBC and Sky are the best by far.

One thing that always annoys me about pundits is when theyve obviously planned ahead what they want to say about a match but blurt it out any old time. Too often you see them getting asked a question and their response is nothing to do with it.

As for ITV, yeah they're coverage always seems to be shit. Thankfully not as bad as 5 but still terrible. Always enjoy Sky's and my only complaint about the BBC's coverage is that they've made the score and clock smaller recently (I assume for HD purposes) so it can sometimes be hard to read.

Ray Wilkins is pretty terrible, I agree. He doesn't seem like he enjoys football.

Anyway, it just seems odd that those two incidents are not being mentioned anywhere. They seemed like talking points to me...it definitely would've been picked up on Sky.

It's disappointing to go out of the competition, but then we also need to focus on the league. This may help us kick on in the latter half of the season. Still don't think we deserved to lose that game, a narrow victory to United would've been a fair result, or a draw even. But, we gave away two soft goals, so I'm disappointed.

Ray Wilkins is pretty terrible, I agree. He doesn't seem like he enjoys football.

Anyway, it just seems odd that those two incidents are not being mentioned anywhere. They seemed like talking points to me...it definitely would've been picked up on Sky.

It's disappointing to go out of the competition, but then we also need to focus on the league. This may help us kick on in the latter half of the season. Still don't think we deserved to lose that game, a narrow victory to United would've been a fair result, or a draw even. But, we gave away two soft goals, so I'm disappointed.

Hmm, i'd say it was a game of two halves. First half United were dominant, second half we were the better team. United just really lacked a goal threat. Welbeck was garbage, and offered absolutely nothing. Valencia was awesome and caused problems in the first half, went abit off second. If Rooney was fit and played, it would of been a different scoreline, i'm sure off that. Then again, if Lucas and Suárez were playing, i think we would of won the game easily. :p

Hmm, i'd say it was a game of two halves. First half United were dominant, second half we were the better team. United just really lacked a goal threat. Welbeck was garbage, and offered absolutely nothing. Valencia was awesome and caused problems in the first half, went abit off second.

Welbeck wasn't garbage at all. He has been great for us this season and he doesn't function that well as a lone striker. It's obvious he plays better in a two-man attack, he needs a partner. No support and no service means any striker would find it hard.

Valencia is brilliant, but got man-marked out of the game in the second half. This should've given more licence for Giggs and Park to go forward more, but we missed a trick there.

If Rooney was fit and played, it would of been a different scoreline, i'm sure off that. Then again, if Lucas and Suárez were playing, i think we would of won the game easily. :p

Including all of those players would mean an entirely different game. For a start, the system would be completely different for both teams. It doesn't really mean a lot when people say "it would be different if so and so is available" because it doesn't necessarily mean the game would have played out in the same way.

Neville has totally shocked me. Brilliant pundit and sky did a great job getting him in! Really knows his stuff and isn't boring with it. Plus unlike many other pundits he doesn't shove the pro EPL stuff down your throat like ray wilkins does.

Welbeck wasn't garbage at all. He has been great for us this season and he doesn't function that well as a lone striker. It's obvious he plays better in a two-man attack, he needs a partner. No support and no service means any striker would find it hard.

Valencia is brilliant, but got man-marked out of the game in the second half. This should've given more licence for Giggs and Park to go forward more, but we missed a trick there.

Including all of those players would mean an entirely different game. For a start, the system would be completely different for both teams. It doesn't really mean a lot when people say "it would be different if so and so is available" because it doesn't necessarily mean the game would have played out in the same way.

Carroll was isolated for alot of the game and put in a MotM performance. Welbeck is a good player, but he was rubbish today.

I mentioned Rooney because you lacked a Rooney-type player. I was just stating that both team clearly weren't at full strength, and if both had of been, it would of been a different game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!