N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not saying Defoe and Adebayor are better strikers than Suárez are you? Because you're so wrong if you are.

He keeps our attack going, and is central in everything we do going forward.

I wasn't comparing them. I was pointing out that stats don't tell the whole story, and you seemed to agree with that when it was about one of your players.

I can't wait to see Liverpool finish above Spurs at the end of the season, which we will. You're very close to a slump, you'll see.

I won't' argue Defoe is better than Suarez (though i think he is) but adebayor is INFINITELY better than him. He'll score more, he'll set up more. Ade is integral to us, Suarez is integral to you. Compare attacking play of both teams and see who's more effective.

Stats don't tell the whole story, I completely agree with that. But for strikers they tell more than anyone else, you have to agree? Midfield stats are different, maybe passes made and completed would be useful, or ball retention (modric is incredibly high) but still not as much as a striker. Strikers score and create goals - yes if they come back and defend great, but that is their purpose! So they're a little more useful to judge how well they're playing.

And liverpool finish above Spurs? Are you joking? Liverpool will struggle for 6th (unless they buy like crazy in January, possible, but they spunk a lot of money on average players (commoli did the same with us) so I still doubt anything will change that). You're in dreamland or/and delusional if you genuinely believe that!

Let's look at Adebayor shall we. 11 games - 7 goals, 7 assists.

Love me some stats. According to Premierleague.com:

Adebayor

Played: 11

Goals: 7

Assists: 6

Shots: 40

Crosses: 3

Offsides: 18

Suarez

Played: 14

Assists: 5

Shots: 69

Crosses: 15

Offsides: 26

Must admit these stats have shocked me a bit, I expected Adebayor to be far more wasteful with his shots and be running away with the offsides.

However you could assume from Suarez's 15 crosses in he is working more for the team to create opportunities, where as Adebayor is doing some attempt of being a natural finisher.

A kid knocks at kenny dalglishs house and starts singing away in a manger, he opens the door and says to the kid "fuck off lad, ive wasted enough money on carols this year"

Ha. Thing is he hasn't been a waste, since he's been decent enough.

Love me some stats. According to Premierleague.com:

Adebayor

Played: 11

Assists: 6

Shots: 40

Crosses: 3

Offsides: 18

Suarez

Played: 14

Assists: 5

Shots: 69

Crosses: 15

Offsides: 26

Must admit these stats have shocked me a bit, I expected Adebayor to be far more wasteful with his shots and be running away with the offsides.

However you could assume from Suarez's 15 crosses in he is working more for the team to create opportunities, where as Adebayor is doing some attempt of being a natural finisher.

Put in more crosses to create more chances, but then he has less assists in less games! Those stats confirm everything I've said. And only 4 of soarers goals have been in the league this season, when Ade has ONLY played in the league, so standard of opposition (Exeter?!).

But anyway, there's no point continuing, EVERYONE is going to defend their team, and any gooner will gip a Yiddo ;)

Like Ellmeister said, let's revel in Citys misery tonight!

We bought Torres for the long haul but every is saying he's way overpriced because with that sort of price tag like Carroll he's expected to be proving his worth straight away.

There's a bit of a difference between 'not proving your worth straight away' and doing fuck all though :heh: