Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Job done for Arsenal, going through as group winners with a game to spare. Gutted for Szczeny though, defense finally made the fatal mistake to deprive him of the clean sheet with pretty much the last kick of the game. Dortmund were unlucky to lose Bedner and Goatze early on though, could have been a very different game.

I'll let that slide, I had 2-1 on at the bookies.

Although it seems we're relying on RvP, tonight was anything but. A fantastic performance from a lot of players: Santos, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Arteta, Ramsey, Song and the man himself.

The best outcome tonight finishing top, means we can rest players out in Olympiacos.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a skim. And seeing people would prefer gervinho over bale, Lucas over Parker, modric isnt that good and Walcott over... Well, anyone. I usually only come in here for a bit of banter with ramar, but this is unbelievable. I may be bias but this thread is full of utter shit and insanely I'll informed opinions.

I guess it's all subjective but fuck me!

As for spurs, barring van Persie not one other arsenal player would make our first 11, NO Liverpool player would except a fit, back on firm Gerard but evEn then probably not. If van lersie stays fit arsenal will have a great season, Liverpool will be 6th at best. Chelsea are looking AWFUL but I can't see that lasting, of they'll buy their way out of trouble in January.

Great season ahead, and as long as we keep adebayor (for team balance) fit and don't get devestated with injuries, I think spurs will get 3rd. With ease ;)

Had a skim. And seeing people would prefer gervinho over bale, Lucas over Parker, modric isnt that good and Walcott over... Well, anyone. I usually only come in here for a bit of banter with ramar, but this is unbelievable. I may be bias but this thread is full of utter shit and insanely I'll informed opinions.

I guess it's all subjective but fuck me!

As for spurs, barring van Persie not one other arsenal player would make our first 11, NO Liverpool player would except a fit, back on firm Gerard but evEn then probably not. If van lersie stays fit arsenal will have a great season, Liverpool will be 6th at best. Chelsea are looking AWFUL but I can't see that lasting, of they'll buy their way out of trouble in January.

Great season ahead, and as long as we keep adebayor (for team balance) fit and don't get devestated with injuries, I think spurs will get 3rd. With ease ;)

Walcott is far better than Lennon and doesn't have ridiculous eyebrows. And Bale lives off two Champions League performances last season.

That should stir the hornets nest efficiently, now to sit back and drink some kool aid. Ooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :woops:

Haha! I'm not going to bite too hard (yet), but you mention bale living off two performances (which is utter shit, he didn't win player of the year for no reason) but Walcott has. Een living off the Croatia performance. I genuinely believe Walcott is utter garbage. But lennons eyebrows are WANK!!

Bale will go to barca for 50m! He's the best left sided player in the world. No debate on that ;)

10-11 Season

..................Appearances...Goals..Assists

Gareth Bale...........42..........11........3

Theo Walcott........38..........13........9

And he got player of the year for that? Champions League short memories and voting in December does that for a player.

11-12 Season

....................Appearances...Goals..Assists

Gareth Bale..........12............5.........4

Theo Walcott.......18............4.........4

Lets not get carried away now dazzy.

Edited by Ramar

I'm sorry what does that price? Stats aren't everything, I don't know how many times last season bale crossed it, it hit thE lamppost and Vdv scored, bale wouldn't have got the assist. It doesn't take into account how many books gs and red cards he causes, or how teams HAVE to double up on him and creates space for our other players. Bale is utterly world class and if you don't realise that you don't watch him play.

Oh god, please don't compare Bale and Walcott, it actually makes me feel sick. People that are saying he's living off 2 Champions League performances are talking shit. He's torn it up in every game this season, bar the Arsenal game probably. Any PL team would be lucky to have him.

Bollocks.

There's only one Spurs player I'd have in our side and he's Dutch. Bale is a class player but is also a different player to Walcott. To say one is better is very ignorant as you would put it. How many times last season did Bale go missing in a game directly after a champions league? often. Theo has always had so much potential but has suffered from injuries at bad times and dips in form. Now he's been fully fit for a while he's showing what he can do. He's not even playing his natural position but is getting the job done. They're the same age, Theo has far more experience and has done it far more often on the bigger stage. Wasn't there a long period when Bale couldn't even win a game in a Spurs shirt?

I'll leave the last word to Lionel Messi. "Theo one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against".

I laugh when people use stats to prove the worth of a player. Darren Bent scores at a better rate than David Villa at Barca.

I can't take you guys seriously when you say stuff like "I'd only take VDV from the Spurs team". You seem to have a serious superiority complex, whether you'd like to admit it or not. Modric is another level to anything in your midfield at the moment. He's obviously better than Ramsey who does a similar job. Find any football fan, other than an Arsenal fan that doesn't think the same. Come on, you're kidding yourselves.

I just laugh, frankly, at this whole "my dad's better than your dad" discussion.

Hehe, I've been reading this whilst at work. It's made me chuckle.

I'd personally have Bale over Walcott, but he's coming into his own now. I think Bale has a bit more to his game, which is why I'd take him.

I just laugh, frankly, at this whole "my dad's better than your dad" discussion.

My dad is better than your dad though.

Anyway, fuck this discussion. How about everyone posts their PL 11? I'd have to go for:

Reina

Ashley Cole, Vidic, King(if fit lol), Richards

Bale, Modders, Silva, Nani

Van Persie, Rooney

Edited by spirited away

I laugh when people use stats to prove the worth of a player. Darren Bent scores at a better rate than David Villa at Barca.

I can't take you guys seriously when you say stuff like "I'd only take VDV from the Spurs team". You seem to have a serious superiority complex, whether you'd like to admit it or not. Modric is another level to anything in your midfield at the moment. He's obviously better than Ramsey who does a similar job. Find any football fan, other than an Arsenal fan that doesn't think the same. Come on, you're kidding yourselves.

Modric is better than Wilshere? I think not.

Modric better than Ramsay? he's got the experience and he's also got 6 years on him. If he avoids any more horrendous injuries, i'd be surprised if he didn't reach a higher level than Luka.

The reason Arsenal fans have a superiority complex is because every year we've always finished higher and always competed in the knockout rounds of Champions League, it's not like it's because they think Red is a better colour than White. At the moment, it's closer than it has been, we'll see come the end of the season at's a bit foolish to judge in November.

Seriously, I think you're stretching a bit there if you think Wilshere is better than Modric. Wilshere and Ramsey are both young and it's very clear that both will become World Class players in the future. But right now, Modric is better than both, imo.

Like I said, I'd love him at United. If he were English, he'd be first choice without a doubt. Or rather, he should be.

I've not once suggested Walcott is better than Bale. I have only suggested Bale isn't as good as the Spurs lot would have you believe. By posting similar stats of a player who by many is considered average and to some "without a footballing brain".

So it's more of a "your dad's not as good as you think, he's about as good as everyone else's dad's".

It's getting got in here. I like it :) Good bit of passion. But Modric is the best midfielder in te league, though him and silva are close, slightly different, silva more attacking, but no one co trips games like Modric.

My premiership 11 would be

----------friedel

Walker--king--kaboul-ekotto

Lennon--Parker--Modric--bale

--------VDV---------------

--------------adebayor----

I kid I kid.

-----------hart

Walker--king--Jones--cole

Young--Parker--Modric--bale

----Rooney----Van Persie

Jones isn't the finished article but utterly immense and king would sort his lapses out. Parker is there for balance, Modric and silva would t be a great partnership I don't think!

Modric is better than Wilshere? I think not.

Modric better than Ramsay? he's got the experience and he's also got 6 years on him. If he avoids any more horrendous injuries, i'd be surprised if he didn't reach a higher level than Luka.

The reason Arsenal fans have a superiority complex is because every year we've always finished higher and always competed in the knockout rounds of Champions League, it's not like it's because they think Red is a better colour than White. At the moment, it's closer than it has been, we'll see come the end of the season at's a bit foolish to judge in November.

It's the fact you imply stuff like Wilshire is better than Modric, that I think you have a superiority complex beyond thinking your club is better. You may well say "football fans have different views" or something similarly meaningless, but it's just not true (the comparison) . I honestly believe you're watching a different game if you think that.

Also Fierce Link what you just said brings up a good point of dissusion: what do people mean by 'world class'? Because with my definition of world class, It's definitely not clear that those two will become world class at all.

Edited by spirited away

I don't get why people are saying Bale and Walcott, surely it is Gervinho v Bale (Winner: Bale) and Walcott v Lennon (Winner: Walcott)?

I also agree with Madpool about the players in Liverpool who would get into the Tott side.

As for Chelsea players, even I'm not sure. I think Ivanovic and Cech have a good shout if we're talking about current form ish. Barely that even.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!