Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

It was pretty pointless, I really feel for the lad. He obviously didn't want to leave Newcastle, then he is slated by his own fans (Liverpool fans) week in week out, then gets humiliated at the club he loves. It's not his fault he was bought for 35mil and the way some Liverpool fans make him out as a joke and a laughing stock is disgraceful. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Fans demand loyalty from players, yet they aren't willing to do the same back.

He is useless. Sell him for £5m in the summer please.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possession: Swansea 77% Newcastle 23%

Score: Swanswea 0 - 2 Newcastle

That sums the match up rather well. The second goal was outrageously well finished from Cisse (who seems to have rather stolen Ba's thunder of late)

4 wins in a row now, can't remember the last time we had such a run of form. Our immediate fixture list looks quite winnable as well so hopefully we'll be able to keep this pressure on the London clubs in the fight for European places.

Also, it's nice to see our defence become a bit tidier of late - 1 goal conceded in 4 games which is getting back to how it was at the start of the season. I think at the time we played Man City in October, we had the best defence in the league.

Good times anyway :)

Possession: Swansea 77% Newcastle 23%

Score: Swanswea 0 - 2 Newcastle

That sums the match up rather well. The second goal was outrageously well finished from Cisse (who seems to have rather stolen Ba's thunder of late)

4 wins in a row now, can't remember the last time we had such a run of form. Our immediate fixture list looks quite winnable as well so hopefully we'll be able to keep this pressure on the London clubs in the fight for European places.

Depending on what Chelsea do, 5th place and Europa League looks very gettable, Mind you with our fixture list we could very well drop behind Newcastle. Sunday's game against City takes on new significance.

You're such an idiot, honestly.

Never gonna get anywhere near £35m for him. Lucky to get £10m in the summer.

He is rubbish, simple as that. Why keep hold of a player who is on big wages but is clearly not good enough.

Sometimes you have to accept you get it wrong and Kenny did big time.

£35m utter madness!,

Everyone needs to watch the Football League Show tonight both of Pompey's goals against Southampton were simply sublime. Not seen us score goals like that for a long time. Also happy with the result both times we've denied them the win very late on...result gives us a fighting chance at staying up. I'm going to Fratton Park on tuesday for the match against millwall should be good.

No, but the league needs some form of competition. No team "needs" another team.

As much as I dislike Liverpool, I wouldn't dream of them going out of business. Why? Because whenever the new league fixtures is revealed, I look for those games first. They are the exciting games.

damn right I am. Sooner they are gone from scottish football the better.

Celtic dont need rangers at all!

And the league would lose ALL It's TV money, and the quality would nosedive even further. Sounds great to me.

You're quite something, you are.

did you know that TV money only makes up a tiny fraction of income in Scottish football?

lack of TV money wouldn't hurt the Scottish game as much as it would in England

did you know that the last time there was a weak Rangers in the league there was more than just Celtic winning the league (in a 10 year period from 78-88 Celtic won the league 5 times, Aberdeen 3 times and Dundee Utd and Rangers both once). Rangers broke Scottish football when they went crazy with money they didn't have.

Even now when they knew they were up shit creek they're still using money they don't have. They sold Jelavic to Everton in January and they still owe his previous club money for him, they signed 2 new centre halfs in the summer and they still owe money for both of them.

They're not passing income tax and NI payments to HMRC, they're not paying their council tax, they're not paying the police.

But yeah save this team.

Not the players, fans or managers fault, it's not fair on them.

Owners nowadays just take no responsibility, and it seriously pisses me off. But when the whole leagues

future is at stake, I'd want it put right.

You really believe a team other than Celtic would win the league in the next 5-10 years? That's untrue, and you know it.

And the league would lose ALL It's TV money, and the quality would nosedive even further. Sounds great to me.

You're quite something, you are.

LOL @ the money comment.

The current TV deal not much already. Losing Rangers wont make much difference.

The quality in the SPL is already poor and again losing Rangers wont make much of a difference. Not only have they run up huge debts and failed to pay HMRC they also cheated for years with these dodgy contracts.

The day Rangers go under it will be party time.. :D:bouncy:

Completely agree with Maddog there. Why should the fans and players be punished for something that isn't within their control. The player's job is to go out there and win games. The fans are there to support the team. Sack the boardroom staff and bring in people who are capable of running football clubs, but to tell the fans that their team shouldn't exist anymore is wrong.

Watching the United game now. At first, I thought the referee got the penalty and sending off spot on. But, after seeing the replays, it was a terrible decision from him and the linesman. Young was offside, so it should've been a free-kick to QPR. Quality of refereeing this weekend has been dreadful.

I totally agree with you, especially for Wigan, going to Silent Bridge, fighting hard to stay in this league and in Martinez' words "Robbed" and they were. if this ends up sending Wigan down then the argument for goal-line tech must be considered more than ever.

Arsenal | Man citeh. here we go!

In other News Leo hit 60 for the season so far.

btw does anyone watch La Lig.. oh I mean La BarcaMadrid?

Edited by -Dem0-

I hope the FA ban him for the rest of the season, You can't do that. If City win now questions should be asked.

EDIT: What a win, thank you Arteta, he really doesn't get the recognition he deserves, he's one of the more subtle heroes in this team.

I don't think we'll be seeing Balotelli next season.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!