Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal are so bad! Can't wait for our game a week saturday. Reckon it could be an atrocious 10 days for Arsenal - out the CL, out the cup and lose at home to spurs!

Boateng has always had ability, but he's also a complete prick. He's not mega consistent at Milan either.

How bad is the emanuelson?

I don't get how people we are miles away from everyone else. We are 4 points behind 4th, and we have the easiest run in ever.

I'd also say we have been disappointing this season, we are capable of alot more. If our finishing had been as good as the top teams, we would be right up there. Apparently we've had more shots than United, and look where they are.

Maybe not literally, but I mean in terms of ability. Like you say you have been really disappointing. I don't think you h ave a great team to be honest, but really don't play well at all; I don't see that changing. I'd love to be wrong though. I would love it if Liverpool got 4th!

We very rarely duck out the Champions League quietly. Barca spanked us twice, Man Utd had our pants down, even Liverpool did us one year. I miss the good old days where it was a close fought battle with Valencia... :cry:

The Anfield leg was amazing.

I miss the Champions League at Anfield. :(

Well, you could argue that English football (in terms of defending at least) has been terrible. Maybe you could discount Spurs from that, but nobody has truly dominated. It's partly why it's been a great season to follow as anyone can beat anyone and everyone can be beaten. It's exciting.

Next year should hopefully be better.

Napoli gave City a tough time, Chelsea need a big effort against them next week. If they go out then it says something has gone terribly wrong with English football.

I think it's because the Premier League has become much more competitive over the past couple of years.

Spurs have emerged as not shite, and Man City have spent hundreds of million. Before the top 4 was pretty much guaranteed every season, to be United, Chelski, Arsenal and us.

Teams have an overall harder season now, and play against better teams, which takes it toll.

Well, you could argue that English football (in terms of defending at least) has been terrible. Maybe you could discount Spurs from that, but nobody has truly dominated. It's partly why it's been a great season to follow as anyone can beat anyone and everyone can be beaten. It's exciting.

Next year should hopefully be better.

We have been better defensively than Spurs. We have conceded 2 less, and we conceded 4 against Spurs alone in one game. :p

I think it's because the Premier League has become much more competitive over the past couple of years.

Spurs have emerged as not shite, and Man City have spent hundreds of million. Before the top 4 was pretty much guaranteed every season, to be United, Chelski, Arsenal and us.

Teams have an overall harder season now, and play against better teams, which takes it toll.

We have been better defensively than Spurs. We have conceded 2 less, and we conceded 4 against Spurs alone in one game. :p

Liverpool may have conceded less, but the opposite is true with them. They haven't scored enough. Drawn too many.

Domestic league has been exciting. Next year, maybe the four qualifying teams for Champions League will do better. (I don't talk about Chelsea because I don't want to, lolz)

With time to reflect. Beating Milan would obviously have been great but lets be honest we're never going to beat the other top sides. All that would have would have been to fuel Wenger's believe that we're getting there. We should never have been thought of as a team in transition, we're far too big a club with too rich a history for that. That said, this season is basically written off and it's February. Something drastically needs to be done in the off season and that isn't raising ticket prices.

On the result of the Arsenal game: :(

Mind you, at least they made it through to this stage.

So on the subject, who do we think will get the 4th spot this year?

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say it'll be Arsenal. I can't really see things improving too much with Chelsea and I think they may even get worse. Liverpool seem to get too many draws and seem to sorely miss the ability to simply score goals to win games, good as their defence is. As for good ol' Newcastle...well our team really just isn't good enough. The only reason we're slightly in contention right now is because the other 3 teams have had pretty poor seasons by their standards :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!