NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

That was intense.

What a great shootout.

The England team could seriously learn some lessons from these guys.

Not Gervinho though. Just hope that hasn't totally destroyed his morale.

Congrats Zambia. Who'd have predicted that!?

How much money did you put on Zambia, @flameboy?

?10 at 6/1 :D

It's terrible for Scottish football.

Scottish football is shit as it is, drag Rangers down, and Celtic would win the league for the next 100 years and make it even less competitive. :p

it's terrible for Scottish football that a team has been cheating with it's finances for the better part of 3 decades, spending money they don't have in the vain hope that they can emulate the one thing that Celtic did that they couldn't, win the big cup!

I totally agree. I'm not saying it's wrong that this is happening, it's just a shame.

I can't stand these moron owners who spend what they just can't afford (Rangers situation is not exactly like that). Even a complete rookie can at least forecast finances, it surely can't be that hard. That is more aimed at the people who ran Pompey, Leeds etc.

If Rangers go under Celtic won't be able to survive either, or at least not be the same team they are at the moment.

Sponsorship will dry up as will TV revenues and the club will struggle financially.

They rely on each other far more than they let you know and the back room staff work together to help get better sponsorship deals.

I totally agree. I'm not saying it's wrong that this is happening, it's just a shame.

I can't stand these moron owners who spend what they just can't afford (Rangers situation is not exactly like that). Even a complete rookie can at least forecast finances, it surely can't be that hard. That is more aimed at the people who ran Pompey, Leeds etc.

I don't know if you've read into any of the details behind Rangers current money troubles, but they've mortgaged the next 3 years season tickets to just keep the club running to this point, so basically at the moment they're a busted flush.

Rangers are in a much worse financial state than Portsmouth and that's saying something. Pompey's winding up order is over a tax bill of ?1.5m, Rangers have 2 potential tax bills, known affectionately as the Wee Tax Case and the Big Tax Case.

The Wee Tax Case is over ?2.8m and the Big Tax Case is (as announced by the owner on SSN this evening) potentially ?75m

A grim day. It does make you wonder how some of the chairman and owners manage to get their positions in the club. Those figures you posted gmac are a lot of money...scary really.

Stadium plans approved. :grin:

Also, has anyone read these Hazard to Tottenham rumours? What a slap in the face to The Gooners that would be.

Stadium plans approved. :grin:

Also, has anyone read these Hazard to Tottenham rumours? What a slap in the face to The Gooners that would be.

It's disgusting that Tottenham are due to receive tax payers money to help build their stadium. They have enough resources to cope on their own.

As for the Hazard rumours, I've heard it, but I'd hardly call it a slap in the face the bloke has been linked with every club going and Lille want big money. I doubt he'll come to us at all.

It's disgusting that Tottenham are due to receive tax payers money to help build their stadium. They have enough resources to cope on their own.

As for the Hazard rumours, I've heard it, but I'd hardly call it a slap in the face the bloke has been linked with every club going and Lille want big money. I doubt he'll come to us at all.

Apart from the fact that the money THFC will generate for the council, TFL and local businesses over a prolonged period will pale in comparison to what the Government and local council could achieve, the ?17 million is barely 3% of the overall cost. It's being used to regenerate the local area with a new supermarket, hotel e.t.c. Do some research.

Also, if you want to moan about a valid waste of taxpayers' money. The Redknapp court case would be a great place to start.

Obviously this Hazard rumour is all meaningless until he signs in the summer. He wants to join an English club, and I'd assume one in The Champions League. So that will rule out Arsenal and Liverpool(trololol). Rumours are that we have an 'agreement' in place. Could all be bullshit.

Interesting quote: "Yes it's a rumour. Of course, it's a club that interests me. Like I said, there are huge players, a huge manager, I think, and, well, so, I haven't yet signed anything, but that'll get taken care of soon".

Edited by spirited away

It would be a huge signing for Spurs. To cement their top four place, they need to add better players to the squad and must retain their good players. Spirited, you reckon they'll try and get Ade and Saha on permanent deals?

Hazard is the standout performer of the Belgian team. The whole team is young, talented and hungry.

In happier news, I have sneaked to the top of the N-E fantasy football league. :) I couldn't have done it without you, Benoit.

It would be a huge signing for Spurs. To cement their top four place, they need to add better players to the squad and must retain their good players. Spirited, you reckon they'll try and get Ade and Saha on permanent deals?

Hazard is the standout performer of the Belgian team. The whole team is young, talented and hungry.

I think were are going to be linked with every striker in the world three times over in the summer. We'll try and get Ade on a permanent deal for sure, but his wages will probably prove the stumbling block. It all boils down to whether he's willing to cut them drastically (probably not).

Saha is on a permanent deal.

I think were are going to be linked with every striker in the world three times over in the summer. We'll try and get Ade on a permanent deal for sure, but his wages will probably prove the stumbling block. It all boils down to whether he's willing to cut them drastically (probably not).

Saha is on a permanent deal.

I thought Saha was only on loan till the end of the season with an option to make it permanent with a one year extension.

Still why do we need Hazard when we have Thomas Einsfeld in the wings and Wilshere when he comes back from injury. Not saying I wouldn't have him mind.

Hmm, it looks like the Saha deal is permanent. But, the contract is only for 6 months. So, will they renew it? I guess that's why it's short term. If they like him, they can offer him a better one.

In happier news, I have sneaked to the top of the N-E fantasy football league. :) I couldn't have done it without you, Benoit.

Ah so it's you who's up there now....My team did so shit at the weekend, if I hadn't brought Graham in it would have been truly woeful.

Hazard said he has agreed personal terms just waiting for the clubs to agree. I can't believe this news. Came out of nowhere, thought he was certain for Chelsea (Arsenal, you having a laugh, never going to go there). But with Chelsea possibly not even being in the champions league it will be difficult - I wonder if Modric will still want to go :D

As for the money from the government, that will pay a 'fraction' of the redevelopment we'll be doing in the area, not the stadium itself!!

I have to admit, even I thought Arsenal would dig deep and make an exception to get Hazard. Who knows, he hasn't signed yet, so anything can happen.

But no we (Pompey) ever spent what they couldn't afford...Sacha Gaydamak was bank rolling it all so it was never an issue. He stopped funding the club and then we were passed on to subsequent owners who couldn't afford to keep the club running. Admittedly some of our owners never had the money to even run the club and should never have been owners but I don't think we've ever had any owners lavishly spending since he left.

It's later down the line when payments on players from previous regime were due that we really ran into problems. It's more that we were run by people who could in no way sustain the debts acquired by Sacha what with such a small stadium and little other forms of commercial revenue. It's a common problem a lot of clubs could face if owners pull their funding. Chelsea for example Roman hasn't spend any of his own money he has loaned it all to the club via legit means so if he suddenly decided he is done with the club they would have to pay him back.

That's why in our situation I do have a lot of respect for Chanrai he lent money to the club under the ownership the fictional Al Alhjai and then when they defaulted on those debts he owned the club despite never really wanting to. We owe him ?17 million but he has not pressed this issue, he could have demanded this money at any point and liquidated the club to make it back. Rumours we abound that that's what Sacha Gaydamak wanted to initially do liquidate the club and knock down Fratton Park to make way for residential developments.

I don't know if you've read into any of the details behind Rangers current money troubles, but they've mortgaged the next 3 years season tickets to just keep the club running to this point, so basically at the moment they're a busted flush.

Rangers are in a much worse financial state than Portsmouth and that's saying something. Pompey's winding up order is over a tax bill of ?1.5m, Rangers have 2 potential tax bills, known affectionately as the Wee Tax Case and the Big Tax Case.

The Wee Tax Case is over ?2.8m and the Big Tax Case is (as announced by the owner on SSN this evening) potentially ?75m

We aren't actually that bad off minus the tax bill. A lot of other debts were settled (admittedly at vastly reduced amounts 20p to the ?1 in some cases) and running costs vastly reduced. Also we owe Chanrai's Portpin ?17 million... Apparently when they "advertised" recently for an new owner they said the candidate would have to prove they can pay off ?20 million of debts payable to creditors.

If Vladimir Antonov/Convers Sports Initiatives our new owners hadn't gone belly up we would have been fine as they could cover our running costs and the clubs revenue was being off set to pay the debts.

One question I do have is Andrew Andronikou the worlds only administrator? :p

andronikou_2684942.jpg

He was administrator previously when we went into admin and is set to be again because of the closeness since the last time and the fact he will have still be monitoring the books, but also he is now the administrator for our owner Vladimir Antonov/Convers Sports Initiatives but also he was there when Milan Mandaric bought us all those years ago which really fucking blows my mind! As it wasn't until a while into admin that a few fans were like I'm sure I recognise this guy and suddenly an image of them together appeared!

Hazard said he has agreed personal terms just waiting for the clubs to agree. I can't believe this news. Came out of nowhere, thought he was certain for Chelsea (Arsenal, you having a laugh, never going to go there). But with Chelsea possibly not even being in the champions league it will be difficult - I wonder if Modric will still want to go :D

As for the money from the government, that will pay a 'fraction' of the redevelopment we'll be doing in the area, not the stadium itself!!

Where are you getting that from? All i can see is him saying he hasn't signed yet.