NEurope
Nintendohnut

007 Mafia Game

NIGHT 1 IS OVER

A man crept into an office looking for something useful, but didn’t find much.

A sophisticated man slipped silently into another office and opened a filing cabinet. He didn’t know it at the time, but what he did would have extreme effects tonight. He stepped out again and silently closed the door

Minutes later, a colourful individual crept into the office and opened up the draws again. He read a file, slid it back in and left, smiling but a little puzzled.

Three more people let themselves into the same office that night. The last was a large, blonde man, who stepped out of the office with a smirk on his face as he reached for his watch…

In the middle of the night, all the agents stopped for a second and turned towards what sounded like screaming…

An elderly man put on some glasses and peered at another man. Nodding to himself he took them off and headed back for a nice cup of tea.

A secretary was on the phone all night, organising agents. She got it wrong tonight, though. This would mean a severe telling off tomorrow.

A large man looked for his target all night, accompanied by a smaller man, but just couldn’t find him anywhere. Eventually he gave up and headed home, frustrated and angry at his failure.

Another man stayed in his office all night, smoking, ready for an attack which never came.

A woman managed to escape something terrible tonight through sheer good fortune.

The large, blonde man silently opened the door to the office. It was dark in there, with only a little moonlight scraping through the gap in the curtains. He saw a dark shape standing directly opposite him, and he extended the garrotting wire that was hidden in his watch. Pulling it taught and raising it to eye-level, he took three silent steps forward, watching the silhouette of his target grow larger as he approached. On his right he was approaching an ornate fireplace with a few small mementoes placed in an orderly fashion on the mantelpiece. Distracted for a moment he turned to look at one.

Stepping forward again, he failed to see the slightly raised area at the bottom of the fireplace. Clipping it with his foot sent him off balance, and as he began to topple he let go of the garrotting wire in his hand, flailing for a handhold. He couldn’t stop himself falling, but as he fell he realised the dark shape had disappeared. As if in slow motion he saw the mirror he had been approaching, but as soon as he realised how stupid he had been, his head met the mantelpiece with a crunch and he was unconscious.

The end of the wire sailed through the air, and the watch dial which was attached to its end caught on a metal cherub at the corner of the fireplace. The man’s arm twisted as he fell, and the wire wrapped itself around his neck. He was helpless, unconscious, and without oxygen.

When Loelia Ponsonby arrived at work the next day she found the man, sprawled at an uncomfortable angle, and clearly dead. When the officers came to remove and ID the body they discovered that

Rez is dead. He was Donald ‘Red’ Grant, the ruthless killer who could put on a convincing British accent. He was a member of SMERSH.

ADDED (Sorry I forgot):

I can protect you from what may seem dreadful to others but beautiful to some.

Not only can I help you through the light; I can also help you through the night.

You can walk, you can run and you can dance with me, but I may not always be such a good partner.

Wherever you are, no matter how far, I can be your friend and if you look after me, I’ll look after you.

What am I?

Players: 21

Cube

Dannyboy

Dazz

Diageo

Dyson

Eenuh

Eevil

Ellmeister

Esequiel

Flinky

Heroicjanitor

Jayseven

Jimbob

Jonnas

Maddog

Rummy

Sprout

Tales

The Peeps

The_Arbitor

Yvonne

Majority is 11

DAY TWO BEGINS NOW

I have sent most of the PMs but have to go out now for a little while. Sorry! I will send the rest when I get in later on.

Edited by Nintendohnut

Haha, ReZ dead again.

What is this SMERSH? Is it the mafia? Have they been redirected to kill their own?

Apparently I win when they're gone. Mafia it is then.

Need to remind myself who I targeted too. Getting lazy and forgetful with all these mafia games.

So, wtf happened? He...killed himself? In a very comedic way. Or, am I reading it wrong?

That was a stupid movie. Now we will have five games running at once.

I didn't think anyone would kill Rez tonight for pity's sake, but he killed himself? Poor run of luck he is on.

Three more people let themselves into the same office that night. The last was a large, blonde man, who stepped out of the office with a smirk on his face as he reached for his watch…

He did not step out of the office!

So, wtf happened? He...killed himself?

I think he killed himself. I predict roleswitcher as it would fit with:

A woman managed to escape something terrible tonight through sheer good fortune.

This woman was likely the original target.

The redirector is very unlikely to be mafia then, and tried to keep Rez from being killed imo.

I think he killed himself. I predict roleswitcher as it would fit with:

This woman was likely the original target.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking there was a link between those two, but wasn't entirely sure.

There's a lot more reading through the write-up involved in this than in the other mafia I played in. Will have to be observant.

So three people targeted Rez?

They must have targeted the same person ReZ did.

Haha! This is brilliant! :D Sorry, ReZ, but the gods really seem to be out to get you. :heh:

Esequiel, you say you were switched with ReZ? Were you his original target - the woman?

I may have been a little over zealous. I havnt received my PM yet but yes, I believe I am the woman.

So you're this Loelia Ponsonby person?

What actually happened? We know two other people were in the room with ReZ, one of whom was likely Esequiel/Loelia Ponsonby, so the third person must have been the redirector/switcher, correct?

I'm not Ponsoby actually, I missed that sentence. However I Did target TeZ, so can only assume I was there with him.

I am in no state to join in the discussion today as I suffered intense physical torture through the night. I have just enough strength to type 100 words.

Looks to me like the sophisticated man is the roleswitcher.

Hmm. Just received my PM. Looks like I approached the person who I thought was my target but they didn't look like I expected and I left confused.

So ReZ was defo switched then?

I may have not made things entirely clear in the write-up. Sorry. There are lots of offices in this game, not just one - instead of 'houses', players have offices. Just so y'all know; I don't want things to get too confusing. I'll try to show when the offices are separate/different from now on. And Loelia Ponsonby was just flavour text.

Sorry, I will try to be a little clearer next time, didn't mean to confuse things!