NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Your Top 3 Nintendo Highlights From E3 2011?

The madness that is E3 is over. Nintendo showed off their new console, their 3DS games and a few surprises after the conference, but what was your favourite Nintendo related thing at this years E3? Was it a game? An announcement?

Share your top 3 moments!

1. Kirby Wii.

For me the best thing to come out of Nintendo's E3 was a squishy pink fella named Kirby. I think this little fella is due more time in the spotlight and often gets brushed aside for Mario, Link and Samus. It was great to see Kirby back on the Wii. I loved Kirby's Epic Yarn but I personally I prefer the classic visual style used in Kirby's latest outing.

01.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

2. Luigi's Mansion 2.

My next choice is a title alot of us on here are looking forward to, Luigi's Mansion 2! A few of us called this in our predictions and i'm sure we are all happy that we were right. Like Kirby, Luigi get's brushed aside so to have him in the spotlight ( torchlight ) again is a welcome addition to the 3DS library. The only problem is that we have to wait til next year to get our mitts on it. What shall we do then? Play the original of course! :D

screenshot_256036_thumb_wide940.jpg

screenshot_256039_thumb_wide940.jpg

screenshot_256030_thumb_wide940.jpg

3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

This game just gets more beautiful the more I see it. It may have been higher on my list but because i'm trying to keep the game a mystery I haven't read any hands on from E3. The trailer was fantastic though. Will Nintendo finaly deliver the goods when it comes to a core title using Motion+? Here's hoping!

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

I could be smart but I'll TRYYY be excited for this..

1: Actual worthwhile 3DS titles such as paper mario 3ds, Super mario 3ds and Luigi's mansion.... and I feel really shallow considering they're ALL from the mario universe

2: Skyward sword looks lovely and it's NOT getting the attention it deserves I feel. I've felt this last year too actually. I always found it sad that a REMAKE of a classic zelda game garnished more attention. Ok you could argue people were excited about a new handheld at the time but whatever.

3: ( and I'm pushing it): It was nice to see Nintendo finally getting some third party support, even if it might be a tad bit late and even if they're all ports except Killer freaks.

I gotta be honest Nintendo didn't do much for me this time. I'm finding it difficult to be excited for much of their titles this time round. Maybe I'll hear more and get more excited. For now this e3 kinda disappointed me :)

1. Music!

2. Wii U Controller

I just love the idea of it.

3. Skyward Sword

Even though it doesn't have the extra power of the Wii U, it still looks beautiful.

1. Zelda HD Demo

Make no mistake, not all Zelda fans are indecisive about graphics. Many of us loved Wind Waker and the Legend of Zelda 2004's graphics. The problem with the finished Twilight Princess was that the graphics were far worse than the 2004 trailer. However, with this HD demo, Nintendo have surpassed their own best work, and with traditional controls too. With Wii U, Nintendo have laid out all the tools to make the best Zelda ever.

2. Zelda Giveaways

A free Ocarina of Time soundtrack CD is pretty generous and something I've always wanted.

3. Er... Skyward Sword

I'm sorry, every time I see a good screenshot or video from this, my excitement is tempered by the realisation it'll use motion control. However, it looks like it has some good bits and the colours are gorgeous again.

1. Wii U reveal.

2. Luigi's Mansion 2 reveal.

3. Announcement that many third parties are onboard to bring their multiplatform titles to Wii U...properly.

1. Kirby's Mass Attack - I need this game

2. Wii U 3rd party-support

3. The general sense of befuddlement followed by the dawning realisation of the Wii U's controller

Project Cafe revealed!

Skyward Sword looks gorgeous. (Though I've not seen much of it, the few things I've stumbled on have looked great. "Last gen" graphics ftw. :heh:)

Luigi's Mansion 2!

Is there anything else we should be thinking of here? Its been an E3 of sequels. :hmm:

1. Wii U

Always a beautiful moment when a new Nintendo console is revealed. Immediately, I think of the possibilities... Just imagining a shimmering, serene, blue Zora's Domain, Pikmin locales with new grander pieces of music, Smash Brothers; with deeper online content!? How addictive could this game be!!!? As well as 3rd party support and depper interest than seemingly for the Wii. I don't care about one U controller for one console or anything else, this is quite frankly what I've been dreaming for. I'm surprised as I am in my mid-twenties I got the same excitement as when the GC was revealed with that Zelda Tech demo... :*) HDMI video and audio...:***)

2. Pikmin Wii U

I don't need to see visuals - I have faith in Miyamoto. LOOK! I can still remember the spring blue-skied day of journeying through the Forest of Hope, ordering one team of Pikmin to destroy an obstacle, whilst I lead a punitive expedition on the bulborbs and horde some treasures, whilst listening to the relaxing music... Now imagine this in HD! Pikmin visuals were actually pretty simple on closer inspection, but with the primary simple colouring of the Pikmin with the lush, Earthly environs - it worked. Don't care about new Pikmin, just more of the same extended will do me so anything else is a bonus. New inspiring music, beautiful locales (I want to see a desert-like environment or maybe an urban one!?)... A launch title will be amazing and if they did something to include online - that would be incredible.

3. Skyward Sword

Has all the trappings of a refreshing Zelda adventure. The initial sky levels remind me of the refreshing and new feeling I got when I was running around Outset Island with the vibrant music. It feels like a hybrid between WW and TP; so filling out the WW aspects and making it a full as a game it could be with the sense of epic design from TP. I'm just as interested in the game as I am in the history... Sky people?...Oocca?...Damn. :)

To be brief and to the point..

The revealing of Wii U

The new SSB. announcement

And I'm not entirely sure if this qualifies, but the confirmation (???) and little tech demo of what's to come of the Legend of Zelda for Wii U.

But you all know that you can't just have a 'top 3' when it comes to N, so I'll go ahead on a add some extra top-knotch mo's. :D

*Skyward Sword (I'm now officially highly interested in this game!)

*The whole orchestra/choir thing that was goin' down while showing the Zelda clips

*Miyamoto coming on stage :D (and acting out the imaginery opening of the treasure box and finding an item :love: )

*Iwata entering the stage

*Reggie entering the stage :laughing:

*3DS software presentation! :bouncy:

*Bill Trinen looking as scared as sh!t :laughing: (I could see his knees trembling, Miyamoto was probably using him for a Vitality Sensor experiment :laughing: )

*Geoff hammering Reg' :yay:

*Promising 3rd party support :cool:

*Yups, and that's a wrap : peace: I think...

1. Super Mario Bros 3DS Trailer

2. Mario Kart 3DS Trailer.

3. Luigi's Mansion 2 Trailer.

:grin:

Wii U reveal.

Although I wasn't a fan of the 3rd party vid they showed (felt like I was watching a different conference for a while, or maybe I really have become a casual gamer :heh:) the rest of the Wii U stuff was awesome.

This thing has some serious potential.

Picture Lives!

Caught my eye straight away, no other game at E3 made me smile/laugh so much. Was a complete surprise too, which is always extra nice. It's guaranteed to be overlooked by a lot of people, it's an eShop title, it's "kiddy", it's weird etc...

But it's very much my cup of tea.

Everything else. :grin:

Yep, there's just too much stuff to single something else out, I loved it all. The games coming for Wii and 3DS, the experiences for Wii U, it's all so good.

Bonus E3 Lowlight:

Not to put a dampener on this thread, but I don't think I've been moaning about this enough. :laughing:

European eShop fiasco.

NoE not adding the 3D trailers to our eShop definitely wins this award. I just can't get over it, how could they drop the ball on something like this? It's the perfect way for people to experience the games that were shown at E3 in their full glory, but no... we get a random movie trailer instead. :indeed:

Absolutely infuriating. :mad:

1) Wii U

I love it! I haven't instantly fallen in love with a Nintndo console since the N64. I loved the GC after a very short while, but initially hated its design and always hated its default colour. At first I hated the Wii and the idea of the remote, but after playing one I loved it. I always felt it kinda missed out slightly on certain games as it was underpowered which discouraged third parties. However everythintg about Wii U blew me away. It has the power, a much improved online structure and the controller looks amazing and presents genuine innovation and exciting new ideas. What is also great is that it is compatible with all Wii games and accessories allowing for developers to present new exciting ideas with both the U controller and with the original Wii remote. I really hope Treyarch keep the option for pointer controls in COD! I also think both the design of the controller and the console itself are extremely sexy.

Wii_U_496d.jpg

2) Zelda Wii U

This just blew me away, so beautiful. Seeing classic adult Link in HD glory fighting that spider made me want to weep! Everything about that demo screamed high production values and polish. I simply can't wait to see what Nintendo can do with that level of power under the hood! Also, props must go to the great rendition of the Zelda music playing during the demo.

zelda-wii-u.jpg

3) Zelda: Skyward Sword

I must admit to being really worried about this title. The colours and designs just seemed slightly off and the art style didn't quite seem to have come together before now. The E3 showing changed all that totally. Everything looked spot on and really seemed to be extremely polished. The graphical style finally came together and all in all it looks like another fantastic entry in the series and the swan song the Wii so rightfully deserves.

32.jpg

If I was to pick a fourth it would be the amazing third party response to the Wii U. Aliens Colonial Marines, Ghost Recon, Darksiders 2, Batman Arkham City and many more, I just can't wait.

1. All the Zelda Goodness!

Incredible stuff. I'm a huge fan of video game music and music from the Zelda series being done by an orchestra and also the announcement that this orchestra will be giving concerts in all regions made my day:D

Along with Skyward Sword which sort of has WINDWAKER TYPE EXPLORING and the HD Zelda rech demo which was pretty damn sweet.

Also, Skyloft in the trailer looked like Little King's Story visual wise:

300px-Skyloft_SS.pnga_med_lk3.jpg.jpg

Well, at the very least it shows the same washed-out colours, sort of.....

2. Luigi's Mansion 2

weegee.jpg

They finally have, my friend. They finally have.

Luigi's Mansion has so much charm to it, and I'm willing to bet this will be no exception.

Next Level Games had a great tack record of fan-service elements, so I'm still crossing my fingers for Waluigi.

3. Wii U

The possibilites, the possibilities.......

Sign in to follow this