NEurope
gaggle64

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen

I'm never getting tired of that gif. It sums up the ENTIRE GAME better than any review ever could.

can you imagine the internets reaction if thats true? and the wiiu version is the demo version? i hope its true just so i can sit back and watch the fallout!

Tinfoil.gif

I do like how this is getting people hyped up about the game again, though. Because that worked out so well last time!

Edited by Magnus

Tinfoil.gif

I do like how this getting people hyped up about the game again, though. Because that worked out so well last time!

Not sure about your definition of the word "hype" right there.

"A hunch" is all I read in that massive quoted wall of text. Someone is speculating wildly and, probably, incorrectly.

If true it would be amazing... but I'm not holding my breath.

People still care about this game? This game looks pure trash.

I call bullshit.

It's not even worth calling. This is what one guy said on a Eurogamer forum/news article.

All Gearbox/whoever the fuck is developing this/Namco Bandai/Acclaim have to do is release a proper WiiU trailer with a list of features and what this game does different to the other versions.

Not exactly people hugely anticipating the second coming now, is it? :p

i212wUcwcU0eE.gif

The funny thing about this clip is that when playing the game, this part is not amusing at all. Seriously, those sewers are not a fun place to be in... o_O

Edited by Ville

Could be fake. Going by this current train wreck I'm perplexed why anyone is thinking some superior game could be on the way. The whole development has been nothing but a car crash.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...l_marines_ama/

Oh wow. Yes okay. I was hoping someone would ask this. I have played the WiiU version. The one that is supposedly the best of all of them? It is not. It is the worst. It is a bit of a joke. The WiiU is basically the same game as the console version but with framerate issues, worse texture loading, and horrendously misguided minigames thrown in. You get a 'scanner' to scan enemies and get bonus points that aid your harming them. When you cut open doors (which happens a lot in the game) you have a game where you have to keep the heat 'optimal'. They just add frustration, and take away even more from the fun. We don't know if it will come out, Sega are conisdering canceling it, but right now its still going.

If the GearBox guy isn't a nutter, we found some small bits of info out about the GPU, kind of... I'll leave this here for reference only at the Mo http://uk.ign.com/blogs/paladinrja/2013/01/15/whos-afraid-of-the-big-bad-u-thats-wii-u

Apparently the Guy on Reddit has been 'confirmed ' via paychecks from Sega, so I guess he's winning on the credible evidence front so far.

Update.

Errrrm, all his [Reddit guy who said Wii U version stinks] posts and account has been deleted!

It's getting too weird now, I'm disappearing down the rabbit hole.

Edited by madeinbeats
Automerged Doublepost

so to sum up then....

the game is average/shit on ps360 and the WiiU version could be the exact same one

OR

The wiiU version could be the demo version

OR

The wiiu version could be the PS360 version with terrible terrible mini games (resident evil revelation scanner and heat signature games? oh my god)

:hmm: its going to be shit isn't it, there isn't any hope at all, i can fully imagine them thinking extra minigames would make the wiiu version the definitive one, and there i was ready with my pop corn for internet hilarity if it turned out to actually be good on WiiU....

Come on now, the chances of this being way better on the WiiU are just minimal. You think they would've passed making a ton of money on all the other consoles? The always-on radar is gonna be helpful, yes, but that's probably it.

I'd like to believe. I want to believe. But then, I believed in Starfox Adventures. I believed that Timesplitters 4 would see the light of day. I believed The Conduit would be great.

...I've just run out of belief, guys...

Honestly, reading these last 1-2 pages has been a roller-coaster of uncertainty. I just want to see how the final game turns out. I'm very interested. Like Guy said earlier, I want some kind of documentary. It'll make some very good TV.

I can imagine that the Wii U version is exactly as stated above, added framerate issues and added mini-games! Woop!

The sad thing is, the gamepad should instantly make this the best version if it was just used as an always one motion tracker like in ZombiU!

I'd like to believe. I want to believe. But then, I believed in Starfox Adventures. I believed that Timesplitters 4 would see the light of day. I believed The Conduit would be great.

...I've just run out of belief, guys...

Starfox Adventures was AWESOME! Leave alone!

"@Phube and @danny, sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G! First comes love, then come marriage, then come the Stamper Brothers with a glossily packaged pile of shit that has all the originality and verve of a lift-music version of the 'Ode to Joy' and turns the awesome Starfox Universe into a type of 'My First Zelda'. And a baby carriage. "

it really wasnt!

one of the most boring games I have ever played..

It was a lot more enjoyable than Lylat Wars IMO! :p

This is the Aliens: Colonial Marines thread. There's only so much bullshit we can take in here, without you adding to it. :p

It was a lot more enjoyable than Lylat Wars IMO! :p

If I could, I'd have you arrested, fisted with a prop shaped like Krystal, beaten, fisted again with the Krystal prop only sideways this time, beaten a LOT more, rolled in salt, smeared in lemon juice, hogtied and left in the middle of the M25 with a pair of old socks stuffed in your mouth and a sign round your neck saying "EXPAND HEATHROW NOW!".

Is the Wii U version the best of them all:

I said a while ago my predictions with the Wii U and how I expected things to go in the coming years. One of my main points was about the supposed lack of power and everyone seeming down, that, it might not be the technological behemoth everyone’s expecting from Orbis/Durango, that it might not actually be a bad thing. As confirmed the Wii U is technically superior to the Xbox360 and PS3, it’s just some developers don’t generally want to make the effort with ports and they were not quite ready to start working on things ground up for the Wii U.

Fast forward a few months, after the official launch of the Wii U and despite some ports lacking improvements over current gen consoles, the reality is as recently proven by Criterion with their Need For Speed port, the Wii U can produce really nice games that are a step up from current generation. Imagine the games when developers build from ground up and actually make an effort on exclusives titles for the machine.

Anyhoo, I’m getting off point here, basically I said a while ago that I thought that with rising development costs it’s going to become increasingly difficult for developers to make the next blockbuster titles unless they change the way they do work, this is where the Wii U is perfectly poised. Developers now have a machine that’s not a massive departure from current gen technology and allows them to use their experience with previous gen to quickly get to grips with the hardware and make stunning games from the start. It means they can make better that previous gen games with relatively little extra expense, I’m talking purely aesthetics here just to be clear.

Orbis/Durango will no doubt bump developments costs us exponentially if they carry on with the normal path of development. I’m expecting developers to make games with something like the Wii U primarily but can be ported to PS3/Xbox360 or the upcoming PS4 Xbox720 (or whatever they’ll be officially named). What’s making me bring this back up is the recent Rayman development and now the Aliens: CM situation.

Think about it for a second and it fits pretty well and makes a lot of sense. They worked on Rayman Legends and it was supposed to be Wii U exclusive, however now it’s going multi-platform, but it seems as though the Wii U is the lead platform and it’s going to be ported, supposedly, to PS3 & Xbox360. I won’t be surprised if it’s also ported to the next PS and Xbox, but the important factor is that the Wii U was the lead platform.

With Aliens: CM, if that rumour is to be believed, it’s the Wii U that’s the lead platform and it will then be ported up to the new consoles with the visuals that where shown in the original trailers, looking pretty awesome. Now I’m not saying it’s going to make the game any better but at least it might look a heck of a lot nicer and what people wanted.

For both games, it’s actually very smart business. Make a next gen game with the lead platform as Wii U with unique Gamepad features but have it portable to PS3/Orbis & Xbox360/Durango. It’s a small jump potentially in development costs but nothing like it would be going straight to the powerhouses of Orbis/Durango.

I genuinely believe, that using the Wii U as the lead platform for multi-platform titles is a viable situation. They get to make improved games at minimal cost. Everything’s going to be scalable so higher res textures can be added to more powerful machines but it’s all going to be pretty much the same assets and the only difference will be controller interfaces and extra features/exclusive content or DLC.

http://nintendo-centrum.net/2013/speculation-aliens-colonial-marines-for-wii-u-is-better-ps3-xbox-360-pc-versions-shipped-as-simplified-last-minute-versions/

If the Wii U version is the "glorious" demo version, then that means that SEGA and Gearbox spent extra time, money and resources just to make a poor-looking, broken version for consoles that can do those graphics (as well as PC) as well as designing utterly terrible AI, redesigning parts of the game to make them less exciting and pretty much reworking the entire game (the problems are much more than just the graphics).

Which makes absolutely no sense from any perspective.

If the Wii U version is the "glorious" demo version, then that means that SEGA and Gearbox spent extra time, money and resources just to make a poor-looking, broken version for consoles that can do those graphics (as well as PC) as well as designing utterly terrible AI, redesigning parts of the game to make them less exciting and pretty much reworking the entire game (the problems are much more than just the graphics).

Which makes absolutely no sense from any perspective.

I think it's feasible to believe, at least there's nothing about it that strikes me as totally unbelievable. You could flip the question and ask then why are the current Gen versions so, so sloppy? To me it seems so sloppy it's a joke. Why release them like that, like no one cared? Unless no one did care, for a reason.

I'm not sure why anyone thought that demo footage was possible on current Gen, maybe PC or the consoles with downgrades and lots of tricks and work arounds. The lighting effects seen in that demo footage would be much simpler to achieve on the modern GPUs on next Gen consoles.

Wii U having its own assigned studio unlike the others also, I think, adds credence - don't you?

One thing that doesn't quite add up is has this Demiurge studio got the tallent to make something like that on the Wii U with the scant SDK tools we know Wii u dev kits suffer with at the moment.

That's quite a big sticking point for me, but most of the other stuff, yeah, I could believe ... so even if it isn't true, it's one of the more interesting rumours I've heard in a while... I like it :)

Wii U having its own assigned studio unlike the others also, I think, adds credence - don't you?

Whilst I only posted the article as a point of interest for people because the rumour is doing the rounds on a couple of sites I'm not saying for a minute I believe it.

However, the one thing that does add credence to the rumour is that Timegate (the ones responsible for the 360/PS3/PC shambles) worked on the code for all three versions. The Wii U version is being dealt with separately be a dedicated studio working solely on that version.

So whilst I'm not holding my breath, there is a small chance...

Well, that poster on Reddit seemed quite convincing, although I'm sure paychecks can be mocked up in Photoshop. Worst version with framerate issues and good ol mini games sounds about right.