N-Europe

Favourite Christmas Track

Stocka

My favourite is Jona Louis - Stop the cavalry, although i do like Mariah Carey - All i want for Xmas is you, because i kissed my gf for the first time to it. *soppy moment*

Yes Eevil, i agree with you on Fairytale of new york, i dont see it as that special.

Ronan Keating did a cover of Fairy Tale of New York a couple of years ago, it was terrible, ruined an awesome song. :(

My "favourite" Christmas songs...

Band Aid Do They Know It's Christmas?

The Darkness Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End)

John & Yoko Plastic Ono Band Happy Xmas (War Is Over) (72)

Cliff Richard Saviour's Day

Elton John Step Into Christmas (73)

Gary Glitter Another Rock and Roll Christmas

Pogues Fairy Tale of New York

Queen Thank God It's Christmas

Slade Merry Xmas Everybody (73)

Wizzard I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday (73)

Chris de Burgh A Spacemen Came Travelling (75)

Jona Lewie Stop The Cavalry (80)

Michael Ball Driving Home For Christmas

Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5 Little Drummer Boy

The Supremes Santa Clause Is Coming To Town (65)

(In the order of the playlist)

Just put some random songs at the end to fill the CD up.

Does anyone else hate slow christmas songs.

The Band Aid one, for instance, I think is a terrible song (I know it's for charity and all but still). John Lennon's one was also rubbish and don't get me started on Mad World. I guess they're not bad songs on their own but definately shouldn't be christmas songs. A christmas song should capture the joy of christmas (Slade, Wizard, The Pogues etc.) and make you feel all warm inside. They should make you feel happy and excited :yay:

Does anyone else think this or is it just me?

"IT'S CHRIIIIIISTMAS"

How can it be anything but Slade's classic 'Merry Christmas Everybody', currently got it as my ring tone since I'm currently in the festive mood!

Other songs I like are Wizard - I Wish it Could Be Chirstmas Everyday and Pogues ft. Kirsty McCall - Fairytail of New York... In fact I like virtually any up beat and not drearily slow Christmas song, gets in a great Christmassy mood!

Someone told me what happened to Kirsty MacColl today.

Bloody sad stuff.

The Pogues guy was sooo drunk on CDUK today though, i know he is a drunk but for heavens sake its a childrens show! i was collapsed on the floor laughing, he had his eyes shut while Katey Meluia sang her heart out, and then he leaned over and coughed on her. HAHAHA

Yeah Fairytale of New York is the best.

Does anyone else hate slow christmas songs.

The Band Aid one, for instance, I think is a terrible song (I know it's for charity and all but still). John Lennon's one was also rubbish and don't get me started on Mad World. I guess they're not bad songs on their own but definately shouldn't be christmas songs. A christmas song should capture the joy of christmas (Slade, Wizzard, The Pogues etc.) and make you feel all warm inside. They should make you feel happy and excited :yay:

Does anyone else think this or is it just me?

You're wrong about Band Aid, it starts off slow and it isn't a jolly festive song because of its meaning, it is still quite nice to hear after not hearing it for 10 months. Just to hear the "African Drums" beat at the beginning makes you think "Ooh, it's nearly Christmas already?"

John Lennon's song is okay, but I prefer others. And Mad World isn't really a Christmas song but just a song that got to Chrimbo No. 1, and tbh, I haven't heard it at all this month apart from an hour ago when I watched Vicar of Dibley on UK Gold.

And somehow, people from the Midlands tend to make great Xmas songs (Slade and Wizzard) and the Oirish just crop up there (Pogues, Bob Geldof). Plus Duran Duran were part of Band Aid. ;)

• 11 months later...