N-Europe

Shenmue

Stocka

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I know it's hardly news but I don't care, anything that is new relating to Shenmue deserves to be mentioned.

ComputerandVideogames.com recently did a article of games that need sequels on Xbox 360 . They ranked Shenmue second in a top ten list.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=147272

And a couple of nice videos:

Hopefully a certain Peter will take notice, and convince a certain bill to dig in his huge pockets. /dreaming.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope "when" will be as soon as possible. I would be so happy if they just released the whole Shenmue saga for Nintendo Wii. They wouldn't have to improve the graphics much so it could be possible, right? People wouldn't complain about Shenmue with 4xAA+ higher textures for Wii?

Still, I'd buy the game no matter which console got the game. 360, ps3, psp, Dreamcast, ds, ect. I just wanna know the rest of the story!

• 1 month later...

Bad news guys, Sega have responded to the campaign:

"Despite any rumours, Shenmue III is not at any stage of development, and is not in Sega's plans. "This is hardly an official statement, but I can tell you that despite rumours to the contrary, there is nothing in the works for Shenmue III. However, SEGA is aware of Shenmue's position and the special place it holds for fans, and we would never discount the possibility of doing another one.

There is no Shenmue 3 in the works because Suzuki-san is too busy on Shenmue online and will be for another couple of years at least. There is every possibility that he would want to do a Shenmue 3, but the general feeling is that it won't happen in the next 3-5 years; or until SEGA reaches it's current business goals - That is to become a top 3 publisher.

I'd tell our fans not to give up hope- but not to hold their breath either"

:(