N-Europe

Awake (TV Show)

Sméagol

(Edit: for some reason NBC made this particular Youtube video private (the other new series are still available). I'll keep the video in case it becomes public again, in the meantime, check out the site itself, linked below)

[Awake @ NBC]

Saw it mentioned in the Chuck thread as one of the new upcoming shows on NBC. Now I don't keep up with new series, as I barely watch television nowadays, but I still like to know if there any good new series worth checking out.. The description had my interest, and this trailer just reinforces that interest.

Edited by Sméagol

I've seen that movie. Couldn't have left much of an impression because I can't remember if I liked it or hated it.

Here is the thing I thought this was. Makes me wonder where the hell this went/what happened with it.

Milo Ventimiglia: Comic Book Drama at NBC!

Milo Ventimiglia is back at NBC to executive produce and star in a drama based on comic book mythology!

The 33-year-old actor will play John Barret, a New York City twentysomething “who spends every waking hour working,” according to Deadline. “He enrolls in a testing program for a drug that eliminates the need of sleep and soon becomes addicted to it, which helps him accomplish more but also leads to serious consequences.”

Milo last starred on NBC in Heroes.

• 1 year later...

BUMP

Damn. Looks pretty frickin' sweet. It'll get cancelled then.

ReZ was the first one to call it

Next time ReZ try not showing interest in a show and maybe it might last a bit longer, haha

:heh:

Anyway thought I'd bump this thread as I just finished watching it.

Even though I knew before I started that it was cancelled I wanted to watch it anyway as the concept seemed very frakking good to me.

And overall I did very much enjoy the show. Towards the middle there seemed to be a couple of fillery eps but they were still good (and I get the feeling had they gotten a 2nd season some of things in those eps...one in particular... would have been used again in season 2 and therefore making the eps in season 1 more important than filler.

The run up to the end the last 4 eps was brilliant and the last 2 in particular were just EPIC.

As for how it ended, I was bracing myself for an annoying cliff hanger that would be left unresolved but the ending kind of both is and isn't a cliff hanger...depending on how you want to look at it.

Michael is talking to his therepist in "Green" reality and it seems that "Red" was a dream and "Green" is real and the Doctor is congratulating him on finally starting to let go of his "fantasy". He then starts to think what if his last time in "Red" which got a bit freaky and very dream like was just him having an actual dream and not him in "Red" reality.

Then time seems to freeze and "Green" starts to become freaky dream like too. The rooms door opens showing his bed room in "Red" he walks through into his bedroom and when he does he notices he no longer has either a red or green braclet on his wrist. He goes downstairs and finds both his son and wife alive.

Most people take this as "so EVERYTHING" was a dream and there was no accident. But in this "no braclet reality" he didn't "wake up" into it... he walked into it from "Green". Which is what adds the element of a cliffhanger WTF is going on here.

As it is cancelled and unfortunately unlikely to get picked up by another network (though I hope it is) I just gonna go with the "it was all a dream" just to not annoy myself :heh:

But man would I love to see a 2nd season. I read some quotes from the producers and the final ep was planned like that before they were cancelled and they had hoped to get another season. He suggested that this "New reality" could just be a further fracturing of Michaels mind.

Would be very interested to see how that would play out in a 2nd season and to find out if he would ever return to "Red" reality given where he was left there.

Would love to see a 2nd season but unfortunately unless some sort of miracle happens and another network saves the show I'm gonna just ignore the cliffhangery elements in the ending and assume it all tied up :heh:

I had my own ideas of course of what was going on with poor Michael,

my fav personal idea was that maybe in the taurma of the accident his Mind was somehow able to actually cross over between two parrallel Universes which were in fact both real. But he could only expereince one at a time (obviously) so his mind crossed between them while he was sleeping.

This was probably a bit too nerdy of me though and as the show wasn't that heavy on the sci-fi highly unlikely they would have gone down this route if they did get more seasons as it would be impossible for them to try and explain/prove I guess.

Then I was also thinking what if he (Michael) was actually the one who died and the 2 realities he was "expereincing" was his "Soul" unable to let go and move on to the afterlife :heh:

Or he was just in a coma from the accident and everything was dream

A high-concept show on network television getting canceled? HOW COULD REZ HAVE KNOWN.

Erm... I watched Awake a while ago and it was alright. Pretty good at times. Started out way too episodic for my tastes but got really good in the last few episodes. Would have watched a second season.

i started watching it got really interested then saw it was cancelled and decided not to bother!

I've watched far too many shows lately that have been cancelled and once i found out its going to end i just stop, i don't want another Flashforward where i'll love the show and be tormented by the clifhanger episode at the end that will never be resolved