N-Europe

The End Of The World Mafia

The Peeps

Not knowing what will happen makes it a pretty bad power, if you ask me. What if you "accidentally" roleblock a protector who could have prevented a kill? Or an investigator/tracker/reverse tracker?

No, no, the powers alternate each night. On one night it'll roleblock, the next it'll protect. I don't know what the type of disaster is in advance. Naff wording, sorry :heh:

Why wouldn't it have worked? Wouldn't you have either protected him or roleblocked him?

It was roleblock last night. If he targetted me to get him to target him, and my power was to roleblock, then it couldn't have worked it both our powers succeeded.

Because if I had roleblocked him, then his power would have failed, and I'd have roleblocked my original target of Dannyboy. And if it had succeeded then I'd have roleblocked him, which would have meant him being unable to pull off his redirection power. :heh:

There's no way it could have worked out properly due to conflicting potential powers. Do you see what I mean?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it seems that his power worked to redirect you to him. Like this:

MadDog targets you

You get redirected to MadDog (regardless of your original target; MadDog's power takes precedence)

MadDog roleblocked

I don't see how his power would fail. His power works before yours does. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding completely?

That's exactly the point. So my power was nullified. Because if I had roleblocked him, he would have been unable to redirect me to him.

Basically, I'm not convinced MadDog's power works as he says it does.

No, I'm not trying to offload the attention on to MadDog. I agree that we should be looking for the people that haven't been giving us information. It's possible there's been a goof on The Peeps' part, or that maybe you're right and his power takes precedence. I just don't buy it.

Seriously, these votes have all come about in the last 10 minutes. You asked everyone to reveal their info and now you're jumping on the first person to do so. Eddie, we still don't know what you do. And yet you want to know what everyone else is doing, jumping on them once they've come out? Give us something to work with here.

Dyson (4): Cube, EddieColeslaw, Ellmeister, MadDog

- Cube: ?

- Dazz: No info from Night 7, other than he was "tied to a lamp post".

- Dyson: Was redirected to MadDog.

- Eenuh: Was poisoned, then saved by a hero/alien with glowing hands.

- Jayseven: Has double vote. VERY inactive. No info from Night 7.

- Mundi: "Someone visited me last night but I send them away, in case they could catch something."

- Nintendohnut: Also very inactive. No info from Night 7.

- Diageo: targeted me, found that I was good.

- Ellmeister: Roleblocked...someone?

Seriously, these votes have all come about in the last 10 minutes. You asked everyone to reveal their info and now you're jumping on the first person to do so. Eddie, we still don't know what you do. And yet you want to know what everyone else is doing, jumping on them once they've come out? Give us something to work with here.

I have my own reasons for keeping quiet. Besides, heroic and Diageo have backed me, I would hope that that's enough for now. Also I clearly haven't been making people sick, turning them into zombies, or conjuring tornadoes, why would *I* be the one who's being jumped on? :P I don't think I'm playing that aggressively...yet you sound like you're under pressure...hmm.

Just in case the day ends too early (jayseven and Dohnut still haven't posted):

Remove Vote

I want to hear from Dazz, he spoke up again in the Gentleman's mafia but here he has said nothing. And apparently he was one of the ones that got roleblocked on the day there was no kill. We know at least the Dyson isn't the killer.

We know absolutely nothing about Dazz do we? Some people are getting away with very little activity and it's ridiculous. Who else has said nothing? Nintendohnut?

I don't want to end the day until I get some more info, I want inactives talking. I have inactivity. It's an insult to the game itself and the GM.

I want to hear from Dazz, he spoke up again in the Gentleman's mafia but here he has said nothing. And apparently he was one of the ones that got roleblocked on the day there was no kill. We know at least the Dyson isn't the killer.

We know absolutely nothing about Dazz do we? Some people are getting away with very little activity and it's ridiculous. Who else has said nothing? Nintendohnut?

I don't want to end the day until I get some more info, I want inactives talking. I have inactivity. It's an insult to the game itself and the GM.

Same. jayseven and Dohnut have also said VERY LITTLE, if anything much. Don't know anything about them either.

RIGHT! I finally (unexpectedly) have some information which I should share now lest I die tonight.

My name is Adam Robinson, and I am a small boy whose parents were killed in the mayhem. I managed to escape my home just before it was destroyed, and ever since I've been trying to survive, one day to the next.

At night I HAVE to target someone, and whoever I target I visit their home and hide there all night, trying to avoid the horrible things happening around me. If I target someone who is good, I am safe for the night, but if I target someone bad there is a chance that they will find me, and if they do I will probably be killed, but if I escape I "may be able to grab some information on the way out". I can't target the same person two nights in a row (thanks for that, Peeps) so I had been swapping between Diageo and mr-paul since the start of the game (one was a lucky, first-night target, the other I assumed was good through the game). Last night, seeing as I didn't trust mr-paul any more (he did come back from the dead after all) I targeted Dazz.

I received a PM at the end of the night (my first so far in this game, I might add) that said that I was hiding in a cupboard when I heard growls outside the door. It was ripped away and all kinds of animals were outside, clearly baying for my blood. I tried to escape but was injured by their attacks - I managed to get out (barely) and was told that if I choose poorly again I will certainly die.

Basically, I know that Dazz is a mafia member. My power specifically says that if I target someone evil I will (likely) be found and if I am I could die. As this is my first PM in the game so far, I am 100% positive that it is because he is a mafia member.

Therefore,

Vote: Dazz

(I apologise for not posting. Last night I was out all evening, and in the day yesterday I only had a few times where I could get online. As I wanted to post a long post I've been writing it in little sections during work since yesterday! Just finished it now (as it's lunchtime) and wanted to get all my info out in onw so I can answer any questions for the rest of the day. Incidentally I do think Dyson isn't telling us the truth and his story just doesn't sound right AT ALL, however I am 100% sure that my information is correct, and I am willing to risk my own lynch on it tomorrow.)

The inactivity in this game is terrible. When does the day end? Should we go for Dyson, or one of jayseven/Dohnut?

jay has made 4 posts, while Dohnut has made 24 but most are commenting on Tales going nuts/saying that he has no info. I'm wary of Dazz's schizo power, but willing to ignore him today. Dyson's posts contain fluff about going through vote patterns and trying to find mafiosos. Diageo, can I ask if anything happened to you on Night 2? Dyson said that he would target you then.

I mean, I don't want to jump on inactives, but there are only a handful of players left and no strong leads...

edit: (I posted before I refreshed and saw Dohnut's post...reading now...)

Lol I was going to say!

Also, while I do agree that Dyson is likely to be a mafioso, I can [sol]100% GUARENTEE[/sol] that Dazz is evil. I'd rather get rid of someone I know is scummy, then go for someone who is just very likely to be. Either way we have two targets, which is useful.

(The 'Lol I was going to say!' part was obviously in response to Eddie)