N-Europe

JidderBug and I need your help

Goafer

As you all probably know now, I bought JidderBug yesterday. I've decided that I hate the flames on the dashboard and want to cover the whole dash with stickers.

This is where you guys come in. I want everyone with a RedBubble account to design a sticker for my dash. I'll have to approve them first though, to prevent any shit ones getting through! The car has been signed by a tonne of people and I want to continue the community spirit by letting people help with the dashboard.

Here is how it currently looks:

221931_10150581451120341_687920340_18651548_2265282_n.jpg

I don't want to be able to see any of the original dash by the time we're done. Get designing and post them here along with a link to where I can buy them. Feel free to put your username on the stickers too if you feel like it.

Before I design one.

A) Can I do two?

B) Can I put my face on one?

C) As you're awesome I'll reduce the price to 0% commish.

A: Yes

B: Yes

C: Yes I am. Also thanks.

I only have one rule for the stickers: No penises, nudity (scantily clad is fine) or swearing. I intend to put this car on display at family friendly shows. It doesn't matter if it doesn't really suit the car. I want the stickers to be a reflection of the user who made it.

*hint* I'm hoping Dan-Likes-Trees and Eenuh will also contribute (and everyone else, obviously) *hint*

Please could you give me a guideline of size? What pixel size shall I do?

RedBubble stickers use the same template as the shirts I think.

Any size is fine. The ones I've designed myself fill the template (width wise anyway).

Any suggestions as to what you'd like? I'm a bit busy right now, but maybe when a timeslot opens up I can take a look at it heh.

I think right now the only thing that would "suit" your style/car is my sandwich one. =P

Also, RedBubble stickers are a bit small I think, so yeah, you're gonna need quite a few I think! At least they seem small to me.

I made my new avatar into a sticker. I also tried a smaller one but the sticker size seems to be 4 inches still. 0% markup, too.

I know it's not great, but it sounded like you wanted some random stuff.

Awesome, thanks! Since stickers are half price when bought in groups of 6 or more, I'll buy it when I've got 6 to buy! Worse comes to worse, I'll just buy some random ones to make it to 6 if there aren't enough here.

Any suggestions as to what you'd like? I'm a bit busy right now, but maybe when a timeslot opens up I can take a look at it heh.

I think right now the only thing that would "suit" your style/car is my sandwich one. =P

Also, RedBubble stickers are a bit small I think, so yeah, you're gonna need quite a few I think! At least they seem small to me.

The ones I've bought of my own are about the same size as the ones in the picture, maybe slightly smaller.

Anything is fine. It doesn't have to suit the car. If you're too busy I can always get one that you've already made. I've been looking at the whistling boy one. Might buy that one anyway!

Are you limited to what kind of designs you can upload to Redbubble? e.g I'm guessing you can't draw/upload anything with a copyright on it right? because if you are then selling the design then you'd be profitting off an existing namesake...

... or are the rules different/am I missing something?

Just wondered because I have an image of NiGHTS that I'm rather fond of, originally pencil drawn as part of a Graphics project in college that I recently decided to re-do with some pro-markers; I was quite pleased with the result and I'd be happy to upload it if I get the time but I would only do so if it's allowed by the site.

Are you limited to what kind of designs you can upload to Redbubble? e.g I'm guessing you can't draw/upload anything with a copyright on it right? because if you are then selling the design then you'd be profitting off an existing namesake...

... or are the rules different/am I missing something?

Just wondered because I have an image of NiGHTS that I'm rather fond of, originally pencil drawn as part of a Graphics project in college that I recently decided to re-do with some pro-markers; I was quite pleased with the result and I'd be happy to upload it if I get the time but I would only do so if it's allowed by the site.

There are a lot of copyrighted stuff on there already. Marvel have had a lot of their copyrighted stuff taken down, but there are still plenty of other things on there. It all depends on the company who owns the copyright. I've made a rather tidy sum selling a Sex Bob-Omb shirt and I've had no hassle.

The worst they can do is ask (well, force) you/RedBubble to take the shirts/stickers down.

Interesting...

Though with a quick search I've found that someone has already drawn NiGHTS in their own anime style and it looks pretty decent...

http://www.redbubble.com/people/nanojam/t-shirts/6994807-nights-into-dreams-ideya-of-courage

I still like my own work but all I actually did was take an existing image and colour it differently, still I may consider uploading it, we'll see... :) of course this is assuming that NiGHTS is something you'd like to have on your dashboard?

Just had a look through my t-shirts, do Redbubble stickers have to come on a white background?! That's a little bit lame.

Anyway, feel free to choose from any of mine!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/retrolink/shop/t-shirts

When I have some time later next week, I may create a Retro_ sticker of some kind.

What do you mean by white background? Your t-shirts can be any colour. The stickers print with a white border around them (because I imagine it would be impossible to do otherwise).

Here's how the stickers are made:

Yeah I guess. I don't think it's possible for them to really print a coloured background though. There's too many options in t-shirt colours, and they have to manually make all the stickers etc. Would be too much work.

Though I have to say I like the white border. I got quite a few of my stickers and the white works quite well with them. =)

...of course this is assuming that NiGHTS is something you'd like to have on your dashboard?

If it's what you want to submit to the Jidder, then I'm happy to have it.

Although I am quite partial to Nights anyway!