NEurope
Dog-amoto

How many IMDb top 250 films have you seen

I count 62, but there's some real awful shite on that list.

Guess that what comes of letting the internet choose for you.

I win? More like I lose, actually...

The ones I haven't seen:

The night Of the Hunter

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Arsenic And Old Lace

The fourth one, Nader and Simin, A Separation is a 2011 film which I will actually see this next thursday at a friend's... meaning that on friday I'll have watched 247/250, which just makes me that much more of an asshole.

Also, the list is bullshit. Many who deserved a place aren't present and too many of the ones which are present shouldn't be.

Okay well, there are some surprises on that list, in my opinion, is that any better for you?

You're an ignorant when it comes to film if it surprises you that Once Upon A Time In The West and The Good The Bad And The Ugly are on the list. No other way to put it.

I think Star Wars is overrated. As is The Godfather.

Aie aie. Both absolutely great, but neither fits the tag of perfection marred upon them

supposed to be a serious film and one of the best films ever made? OKAY then!

Know what you're talking about before you talk about it. What you're saying is the equivalent to saying that Indiana Jones in general is crap because the 4th one sucked.

Have to say I'm very happy to see Rocky on that list...

How comes, are you a fan??

Also guys let's knock the star wars prequels too much, they brought us the fantastic jar jar binks <3

Know what you're talking about before you talk about it. What you're saying is the equivalent to saying that Indiana Jones in general is crap because the 4th one sucked.

No, what i said is actually equivalent to saying "Indiana Jones never appealed to me, and the bits i have seen didn't change that.".

I haven't seen Star Wars, therefore i didn't say it was crap. That would be a rather ridiculous thing to say (and i think i'll leave saying ridiculous stuff up to you, as you seem quite adept!).

I said what i'd seen of it was crap, and that fact along with them not appealing to me on a basic level anyway, doesn't make me want to watch them. There are a lot of films around that do appeal to me, that i haven't gotten around to seeing yet, soooooo i think i'll start with those ones! It's called logic i think??

No, what i said is actually equivalent to saying "Indiana Jones never appealed to me, and the bits i have seen didn't change that.".

I haven't seen Star Wars, therefore i didn't say it was crap. That would be a rather ridiculous thing to say (and i think i'll leave saying ridiculous stuff up to you, as you seem quite adept!).

I said what i'd seen of it was crap, and that fact along with them not appealing to me on a basic level anyway, doesn't make me want to watch them. There are a lot of films around that do appeal to me, that i haven't gotten around to seeing yet, soooooo i think i'll start with those ones! It's called logic i think??

Haha, ouch!

EDIT: Picture toooo big

He should be flattered really, i'm saying he's the crème de la crème of ridiculousness! :heh:

Pancake, here's how it goes: you're judging three very highly acclaimed movies based on two universally hated and rather bad movies. Added to that the fact that you have already decided that you don't like them without even seeing them just because they're cherished by the masses and irk you... you're being biggoted. Let's not squabble over semantics...

it-consultant-catfight-in-portland-or.jpg

Wanted to use this picture for a while

Actually thinking about it, how is that being biggoted? Pancake hasn't exactly spouted pure scorn against those that like the movies. She just doesn't like them herself, she is entitled to her opinion on it.

Edited by Ellmeister

67/250, not too bad. Of the remaining, about 1/3 I want to see, about 1/3 I've never heard of (mainly foreign ones) and 1/3 I've started watching, and are so much to my dislike I've stopped.

it-consultant-catfight-in-portland-or.jpg

Wanted to use this picture for a while

Actually thinking about it, how is that being biggoted? Pancake hasn't exactly spouted pure scorn against those that like the movies. She just doesn't like them herself, she is entitled to her opinion on it.

It's being biggoted because she's not giving SW a fair chance and is just assuming her own gut conclusions about it, even though she knows nothing about it. Trust me, as a bigot... we know one of our own when we see one.

How is she entitled an opinion if she hasn't seen them? Her entire opinion is either biased or misinformed! (and therefore... invalid)

I don't like Star Trek... but the reason my opinion means anything is because I actually saw it and the movies with an open mind... and Kahn was great, by the way. As was the reboot.

How is she entitled an opinion if she hasn't seen them? Her entire opinion is either biased or misinformed! (and therefore... invalid)

Whilst I agree with the idea that you shouldn't slag off a film you haven't seen, you're totally full of shit.

Of course you can hold an opinion of something you have no first hand experience of! By demonstration, I really, really don't like Saudi Arabia. I haven't been, and I don't want to, but I can still think it's terrible.

Pancake, here's how it goes: you're judging three very highly acclaimed movies based on two universally hated and rather bad movies. Added to that the fact that you have already decided that you don't like them without even seeing them just because they're cherished by the masses and irk you... you're being biggoted. Let's not squabble over semantics...

She's not being bigoted or judging them. She said that theirs nothing that makes her want to watch them. She's not saying they're crap, just that there are plenty of movies that she'd pursue before SW.

You're an ignorant when it comes to film if it surprises you that Once Upon A Time In The West and The Good The Bad And The Ugly are on the list. No other way to put it.

More so... How to train your dragon, that surprises me!

I actually didn't realize that TGTBATU and OUATITW were what they were due to the international names of the films put in that list, that's ignorance on my part.

It's being biggoted because she's not giving SW a fair chance and is just assuming her own gut conclusions about it, even though she knows nothing about it. Trust me, as a bigot... we know one of our own when we see one.

I don't like Star Trek... but the reason my opinion means anything is because I actually saw it and the movies with an open mind... and Kahn was great, by the way. As was the reboot.

Ooookay, so basically, your logic = everyone who has ever uttered the phrase "i don't fancy seeing that one" is a biggot.

But pretty much none of us have time to watch every film that crosses our way (except you??), so we make selections based on many factors, such as trailers, genre preference, past experiences of the series, etc. So actually, your 'bigotry', as you call it... is necessary in a way, or else we'd all be paralysed by indecision, we'd never know what to watch next.

Soooo yaaaah, that's how i've not seen Star Wars!

(btw, wow, "Star Wars" obvs the magic words for instant flame war ignition?) :heh:

(btw, wow, "Star Wars" obvs the magic words for instant flame war ignition?) :heh:

In Oxigen's case, the magic words are "movie", "good" and "bad". ;)

246? (soon to be 247)

Oxigen_Waste I am disappointed. :p

Nah, I was waiting for you to respond and see how many you had seen. :)

Oxigen, I believe you're in the wrong here. At the end of the day, there are SIX Star Wars films. SIX of them. If I keep saying SIX, I might make a point. Or maybe I'll make SIX points. Anyway, for last THREE of the SIX came out before the first THREE of the SIX, in total that makes SIX.

If I put being a random dick aside for a second, but not capital letters, YOU are aware of the SIX films, and their nature of production. Somebody who has not seen any, but knows there is SIX(or maybe even not, just knowing there is a 'thing' under the banner of the name of 'Star Wars'), may see any one of the SIX films and know it to be Star Wars, and resultantly judge their opinion of the series of SIX films off of that one film they saw from the SIX of them that all fall under the same banner.

Essentially for you there are probably two trilogies, for the laymeman there are SIX films in a series.

Well sober me is able to deduce more films out of the list I've seen. Up to 107 now, knowing to check translations helped the most.

And I like that I've seen Arsenic and Old Lace whilst O_W hasn't. I watched it school during English class for some reason.