N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Jonnas

It's always been the way I've played mafia games. As anyone who has played with me before will know, I hate hanging around. Obviously I'm not going to go in swinging my fists everywhere suggesting people should be lynched on weak grounds, but the game should be based on suspicion rather than concrete facts and evidence. But that's just my philosophy of mafia games :heh:

You're getting away from the point now and reading in to everything I say, trying to turn it against me. You weren't positive enough to back your power up with a suicide pact for tomorrow, and now you're pushing every single point to get me lynched? No shit. It's because you know I'm good.

I'm off now. I won't be back until 7pm tomorrow at the earliest due to work, boo.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always been the way I've played mafia games. As anyone who has played with me before will know, I hate hanging around. Obviously I'm not going to go in swinging my fists everywhere suggesting people should be lynched on weak grounds, but the game should be based on suspicion rather than concrete facts and evidence. But that's just my philosophy of mafia games :heh:

You're getting away from the point now and reading in to everything I say, trying to turn it against me. You weren't positive enough to back your power up with a suicide pact for tomorrow, and now you're pushing every single point to get me lynched? No shit. It's because you know I'm good.

I'm off now. I won't be back until 7pm tomorrow at the earliest due to work, boo.

I don't even understand why you're so certain I'm mafia now. Its completely impossibly that I actually did get an evil result on you?

Diageo, what did you find out about The Peeps?

Dyson will think that this is trying to get him lynched/gunning for him, but I GOT AN EVIL RESULT ON YOU, thus I am going to persue it and check voting patterns.

(Dyson voting pattern)

Voted for Mundi (casting vote)

Voted for Marcamillian (was second to vote) ~Tales and Eddie Coleslaw followed directly after~

Voted for Jayseven

Voted for Nintendohnut (casting vote)

For me, your defence is quite good. However I still think you're the best target we've got at the moment. I suspected you, you've "protected" people of suspiciousness....like....particularly Esequiel and Eddie I don't understand what would be gained from making people who target them be roleblocked late in the game when we knew little about them, I got an Evil result on you and you seem to be vote-happy.

I'm not certain you're mafia, definitely not (and this isn't something for me to "fall back on" tomorrow, if you were town. I've already said I'm not willing to be lynched and I don't know why anyone would be in that situation. Apart from Esequiel because he's suicidal :p) I'm just saying your defence is good. But it is suspicious in my eyes. It could just as easily be mafia, moreso if you look at your targets, in my humble opinion.

If everyone is not comfortable with this though, then I'll very happily go for Eddie.

Oh I also wanted to post this;

(People Who Claim To Be) Protector

- Eenuh (previous role, confirmed)

- Cube (investigate/protect, confirmed)

- Diageo (roleblock/protect/investigate/refuses to say what his role is/or how he has traps if he is a dancer)

- ReZourceman (one quarter protector)

- Dyson (reverse roleblock type thing)

- Eddie Coleslaw (roleblock or protect)

- Sméagol (???)

Can't remember if Sméagol claimed to be. Anyone else? If thats it then thats....6.25 townie protectors. :/. Assuming Eddie is maff, 5.25 protectors. :/ Mafia probably will have one, considering there were two other killers (at least).

I'm also a jailkeep which people can verify. Still no-one has taken my action against smeagol into account last night. He may be Angus?

Also, I know this isn't concrete but it is surprising how Eddie's targets are all dead except for the one who she roleblocks. I know that seems a bit farfetched but there is no way to verify anything through that.

What sort of traps did Diageo use Peeps? Diageo how come you have so many different powers? Perhaps you changed into Angus?

Just a few questions to hopefully bring some answers!

What sort of traps did Diageo use Peeps? Diageo how come you have so many different powers? Perhaps you changed into Angus?

I was hanging from the ceiling with my foot caught in a rope trap.

If Diageo were Angus he would've just killed me, surely? Maybe worth coming back to this theory later though if we have nothing else. For now we have plenty of more suspicious people to go through.

--

Regarding the write-ups:

Night 8 write-up: who's the figure on the roof? Is it one of us?

"'Edward Coleslaw, I will say this, right here and right now! Your surname is odd! And so is your first name!" - It's not odd, it's foreign. I'm sure Ell's is "odd" too, since he's Spanish (unless that was a joke).

"In a related note, writing anonymously turns you into an impolite cur. I have become a monster!" - Flink has become a mafioso?

The gadgets/ropes/strings in my room are nothing new, Zell confirmed yesterday that I use tripwires and nets to roleblock or protect.

--

Rummy: so you're voting for me because

a) I have traps in my room, which I admitted to, and is part of my power

b) Ellmeister misunderstood that I was a jailkeeper, which I'm not, and clarified

c) Dannyboy thinks my targets are suspicious, which he later corrected iirc

:/

Does the description of Eddie in the write-up suggest that she is actually the one with tripwire traps? Was she protecting herself on the night Zell was caught in them on his way to her room?

Also: I'm not sure I understand your theory about Marc, ReZ. Would you care to explain it?

Yes, I apparently use tripwires and nets. I only found out myself when Zell said so, I didn't know the type of traps I use. I already confirmed this yesterday, when Zell reported it.

Night 5: EddieColeslaw. Not sure if this had any impact or not, but I seem to remember Eddie coming out and saying she was protected by a rough person.

I don't think I said that, it was likely someone else who first spoke of a rough person. But I will go back and check in a bit.

IAlso, I know this isn't concrete but it is surprising how Eddie's targets are all dead except for the one who she roleblocks. I know that seems a bit farfetched but there is no way to verify anything through that.

That's just misfortune. Let's take my very first target as an example, heroicjanitor. As all of us seasoned mafia players know, the very first night is either targeting yourself because you have a protecting/etc. power, or someone random. If I were mafia, why would I protect someone who then got killed on Night 2, giving myself no defence? Surely they would make a better plan to protect someone who sticks around and can back me up.

--

He claims to be a thief and a protector. Said he wouldn't steal anymore, just protect.

Has anyone gotten a PM since that, about things stolen from your room? I haven't, but just wondering.

As for my target last night, I roleblocked Dyson on the basis that he's rough, and doesn't seem to have given much info lately (unless I completely missed it/need to pay more attention). Also slightly random, I'm afraid to protect myself now in case I get accused of whatever >:/ Looks like I didn't make a mistake though, looking at the result ReZ got?

For the final time, each night I choose to EITHER roleblock or protect, and I use traps/nets/wires/gadgets. Please read this post carefully, I've tried to answer everyone's questions, and perhaps most of what people are wondering/confused about me :)

A question: Diageo, what type of traps do you use? Might be useful to be able to differentiate.

Will Peeps just please investigate me and confirm my power :/

--

Regarding the write-ups:

Night 8 write-up: who's the figure on the roof? Is it one of us?

"'Edward Coleslaw, I will say this, right here and right now! Your surname is odd! And so is your first name!" - It's not odd, it's foreign. I'm sure Ell's is "odd" too, since he's Spanish (unless that was a joke).

"In a related note, writing anonymously turns you into an impolite cur. I have become a monster!" - Flink has become a mafioso?

First part: I think it's referring to your forum name, not your mafia name. Just a guess though, since it is a bit of an odd one. =P

Second part: I think it just means that these notes that appear in the write-up are anonymous (though we all know who they're from) and talking anonymously makes you say things you wouldn't normally say. The internet is a good example of this with all its trolls haha.

Anyway I don't really know who to vote for right now. Unless something happened to ReZ's result (redirection or whatever), I'm inclined to follow him.

Second part: I think it just means that these notes that appear in the write-up are anonymous (though we all know who they're from) and talking anonymously makes you say things you wouldn't normally say. The internet is a good example of this with all its trolls haha.

I think it's meant to highlight that the notes are somewhat painted in a suspicious/negative light.

I think it's meant to highlight that the notes are somewhat painted in a suspicious/negative light.

Nah don't think so, as it says it's related to the name calling. =P

Honestly that first part is completely "pointless", just flavour. The second part of the note is more referring to Eddie's role.

Nah don't think so, as it says it's related to the name calling. =P

Honestly that first part is completely "pointless", just flavour. The second part of the note is more referring to Eddie's role.

But how can you be sure the name calling doesn't refer to her role name? Besides, I still maintain that it's a hint at the suspicious descriptions.

Vote Standings

Dyson (5): Zell, Dannyboy-the-Dane, The Peeps, ReZourceman, chairdriver

EddieColeslaw (1): Rummy

ReZourceman (1): Dyson

Majority is 9

I removed my vote, good Sir Jonnas.

But how can you be sure the name calling doesn't refer to her role name? Besides, I still maintain that it's a hint at the suspicious descriptions.

I am sure because a lot of the notes have silly comments in them, which fit with Flinky's (real life/forum) personality. The notes just reflect him, nothing more.

I mean one of the notes even had part of the Pokémon song in there, another said "Jayseven why weren't you eeeeeeeeevilllllll?!". So yeah. Perfect Flinky behaviour.

Everyone is just looking into the notes too much. All they offer is a small bit of information on the person targeted, nothing more. And usually it's stuff we already know because Jim picks the wrong targets. =P