N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Jonnas

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(You probably missed my double post. I've always been a hunter. I never hid that fact. You're being a little prejudiced against hunters right now! :p)

Well, tbh, the only characters I genuinally trusted were Eenuh with her last role and Cube. Everyone else could be anyone. I do feel a little bit uneasy about you, considering your abilities, and given how badly the last day turned out. (I put that down to Jay messing up though...until we hear differently when the game is over)

Don't think Aqiu1a has posted for ages.

Well, tbh, the only characters I genuinally trusted were Eenuh with her last role and Cube. Everyone else could be anyone. I do feel a little bit uneasy about you, considering your abilities, and given how badly the last day turned out. (I put that down to Jay messing up though...until we hear differently when the game is over)

Don't think Aqiu1a has posted for ages.

I fully acknowledge how bad yesterday makes me look. Believe me, I am as dumbfounded as everyone else. :heh: I only hope people can see how I was convinced he was mafia. His behaviour was extremely suspicious, and you're actually my proof that he was lying or at least mistaken about his/my target.

Just reading back through the evidence on Eddie. I do think its enough to warrant a lynch. Roll-blocking Eenuh (who she said she didn't know an awful lot about) just seems like an odd move to make. Unless you're suspicious of that person, you're just stopping the town from doing good.

I also think Eddie is telling a few porkies...

Vote: Eddie

I don't really have anything to add at this point. Not sure on Eddie, not enough to lynch her tonight. If we don't lynch her then I can investigate her power and at least see if she's a jailkeeper or can choose between protecting and roleblocking.

I'm leaving my vote with Nintendohnut because I think he killed when he said he wouldn't.

(Just to note it, Jonnas has clarified for me that I remembered I had a room when I regained my memory.)

I'd reeeally love to find a scumnag today, but for now I feel most safe going for Dohnut. Sorry, Dohnut, but I believe you're killing without our consent to fulfil other objectives. You remind me too much of myself from the last game at this point, and it would be irony of fate if I didn't act on that. :heh: Still think you're an amazing player! : peace:

Vote: Nintendohnut

Was that your traps? I thought that was nintendohnut? When everyone else was caught in the traps as well.

Which night are you referring to? Quite a number of people seem to have traps, Nintendohnut has bear traps while I have tripwires and nets. Do the people who jailkeep use traps as well?

I don't really have anything to add at this point. Not sure on Eddie, not enough to lynch her tonight. If we don't lynch her then I can investigate her power and at least see if she's a jailkeeper or can choose between protecting and roleblocking.

I'm leaving my vote with Nintendohnut because I think he killed when he said he wouldn't.

Grrrrr :mad: You're a power investigator, right? Then investigate me tonight and y'all can at least confirm I'm not lying about that!

--

What does Aqui1a do, exactly?

Aqui1a protects against nefarious people and got Mundi lynched.

I did get Mundi lynched (along with Rez), but I thought it was found that someone had interfered that night?

My ability is to protect my target against nefarious people, but non-nefarious people are able to reach my target.

I'm pretty sure we must know everyone's power by now.

Everybody has also had enough time to concoct a story. So, we're going to have to start being ruthless if we want to win. At the moment, the mafia have dug themselves into their trenches and are picking us off one by now.

Eddie has 7 votes now. Two more will result in a lynching. Dohnut has 3.

Actually, thinking about it more, I'm going to Change Vote: Nintendohnut because the fact that he's a killer is quite off-putting to me. Granted that he has claimed to be neutral but could this not mean that he COULD be on the side of whoever wins? Also, I'm not sure if it was Nintendohnut who said this so apologies if it wasn't but memory serves that he needs to find Angus (Argus?) and kill him to win the game. What if he kills a townie trying to find this guy considering he does not know alignments? He'd just have to go on gut instinct and, sometimes, that's not really good enough. Also, if he was responsible for the death of one of the previous players, how would he know their alignment? What's more, how do we know he's not picking them randomly?

I've been watching Nintendohnut and the way he plays quite closely and I must admit, it's quite different. IF he was responsible for the death of one of the people, the Nintendohnut in the Disney Mafia, who was Good, would absolutely make sure he got the right person before voting. He plays carefully and, granted I have not seen him play as a Neutral (to my knowledge anyway), I imagine that if he is not a threat, he would surely play the same way?

I don't trust anybody in any Mafia game but, thinking about it logically, how do you trust a killer?

Going back to Flink's link(although possibly a tenuous one) to the hunter's chance, he contemplated it being Dannyboy...what if it's Dohnut's chance? I don't want to be all called out for persecuting him etc, but those are our only two killers. Danny does seem to make sense with the whole ReZ/Flink thing....I think. I keep getting so confused in this game.

Moreover, that's two mafiosos gone now. The win is closer for both the town, and him. Regarding his playing style, he's not his usual cheery self, I feel...don't know what this means. He either wins alongside whoever wins, or wins by himself. Seeing as his goal is to kill Angus, once that happens the game would likely end then with him as the winner. But...

Actually, thinking about it more, I'm going to Change Vote: Nintendohnut because the fact that he's a killer is quite off-putting to me. Granted that he has claimed to be neutral but could this not mean that he COULD be on the side of whoever wins? Also, I'm not sure if it was Nintendohnut who said this so apologies if it wasn't but memory serves that he needs to find Angus (Argus?) and kill him to win the game. What if he kills a townie trying to find this guy considering he does not know alignments? He'd just have to go on gut instinct and, sometimes, that's not really good enough. Also, if he was responsible for the death of one of the previous players, how would he know their alignment? What's more, how do we know he's not picking them randomly?

...iirc he promises to lay low and not kill anyone, and win along with the town, which is why I'm not voting for him...for now.

I think I've set a record in this game for how many times people have misunderstood what I've told them about my role.

• James Barker
  • Thought-to-be-dead twin brother of Angus MacNeil
  • Has been in the service of Olivia since the ending of the Gentlemen's Mafia
  • A hunter himself
  • Can choose a target to either kill or protect every night

That should explain everything.

Quoting to make sure I'm not making you repeat yourself (sorry if you said this ages ago): what is your win condition? Just like a regular townie's/win when town gains majority?

Going back to Flink's link(although possibly a tenuous one) to the hunter's chance, he contemplated it being Dannyboy...what if it's Dohnut's chance? I don't want to be all called out for persecuting him etc, but those are our only two killers. Danny does seem to make sense with the whole ReZ/Flink thing....I think. I keep getting so confused in this game.

Yeah, that is another possibility.

I'm up for voting Dohnut. I can see why Chair is tearing his hair out, because we are essentially keeping a non-townie killer alive. When you put it that way, it is very difficult to not vote to lynch him.

At the same time, I'm feeling something from Eddie. Trouble is, we haven't got enough people voting. So, at the moment, we'll struggle to lynch either one.