N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia II - Hunter's Chance

Jonnas

Right, I'm doubting myself again.

Let's just think about this carefully, as we only need two votes now. Aqui1a, what exactly happens when you "protect against nefarious roleblockers." It renders them unable to block, right?

If we don't lynch Mundi, I have an idea. Dazz checks out Mundi, to verify Mundi's alignment. Somebody verifies that Dazz is on our side, so we'd have to check that out.

It leaves open the possibility of misdirection. How can we sort that out? Going back to Diageo's post earlier, it is actually "easier" to lynch Mundi than check him out, because of the re-directors.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auq1ia can only roleblock bad people and Mundi carelessly admitted he/she got roleblocked? Is that it? I can vote for vote that, but first, what happened with whoever admitted to be the Angus Cube said he pushed away? There's was nothing to it? I'm just asking because it started with my information and I wondered if it led anywhere.

*waves hand* I was the Angus look-a-like that Cube pushed over. I'm not Angus, but I apparently look like him, and I'm currently suffering from amnesia due to being knocked out. My own little crazy theory is that I'm actually his thought-to-be-dead brother or something to that effect.

Auq1ia can only roleblock bad people and Mundi carelessly admitted he/she got roleblocked? Is that it? I can vote for vote that, but first, what happened with whoever admitted to be the Angus Cube said he pushed away? There's was nothing to it? I'm just asking because it started with my information and I wondered if it led anywhere.

Dannyboy was the person who was pushed over - see here.

Whoops, posted too late.

*waves hand* I was the Angus look-a-like that Cube pushed over. I'm not Angus, but I apparently look like him, and I'm currently suffering from amnesia due to being knocked out. My own little crazy theory is that I'm actually his thought-to-be-dead brother or something to that effect.

Ok, I guess someone will help you prove that somewhere along the way then. You have no powers or anything?(you don't have to say what they are if you don't want to) But does this mean you will get knocked over more times? Either you should, or the thing with Cube wasn't random? And what triggers it(the knocking over)? I'm not trying to shift attention by the way, I'm not suspecting you, but since there's appearently more questions to be asked for Mundi I'll hold on after all.

Ok, I guess someone will help you prove that somewhere along the way then. You have no powers or anything?(you don't have to say what they are if you don't want to) But does this mean you will get knocked over more times? Either you should, or the thing with Cube wasn't random? And what triggers it(the knocking over)? I'm not trying to shift attention by the way, I'm not suspecting you, but since there's appearently more questions to be asked for Mundi I'll hold on after all.

I'm just as eager to find out more about myself as everyone else. My only power at the moment is to talk to people to see if they know stuff about me. So far I've targetted Sprout, who knew nothing, and Cube, who became angry when he saw me and pushed me over. From other people's experiences it would seem I'm unable to be targetted, but there's no mention of it in my role description.

Mundi seems to have given up defending himself and is instead reminding us that we're doomed :(

Might as well~

Vote: Mundi

It seems more like people have given up on reading what I have to say, seeing as most of what I have had to say is ignored.

And I was answering Flink with that sentence.

It seems more like people have given up on reading what I have to say, seeing as most of what I have had to say is ignored.

Sorry, but no one is ignoring what you've said. We've been debating whether to believe you're simply a harsh roleblocker or if you have more nefarious purposes.

How was I ignoring you? You should actually read my last post, I was trying to help you out there with that idea.

Plus, I'm not the only person to have voted for you. There were around 8 others before I voted or even gave my 2cents. I have listened to what you have had to say, and I've listened to what others have had to say, as well. Again, in my last post, I'm asking others to think about this carefully, as we are close to the majority needed. If I wasn't interested in what you had to say, why would I bother posting that?

To investigate you would force the investigator to come out with the answer to his investigation, showing the mafia exactly who the investigator is. Lynching you is way safer.

Also, we have had an investigator come out already.

But like Diageo pointed out, if we investigate you, it risks "outting" an investigator. Or, there's a good chance it'll reveal nothing because of the redirection. It's a slight mess, really.

For the second time, we already have a player that outed himself that he could investigate alignments.

And lynching me won't stop the mafia from killing tonight.

Its not that people not automatically believing me that is a problem, its that most of what I have pointed out has fallen on deaf ears.

People only harp on the: Stops nefarious roleblockers.

Even though everyone knows I have a twofold power and in the previous game someone had a twofold power with a catch.

The train of votes before I could answer for myself.

What Diageo said still stands, though. It might not "out" an investigator, but it still leaves the whole thing open to re/mis-direction. If my plan (my idea in that post) was guaranteed to work, I would definitely suggest we all go for that.

Double post: Anyway, that post from Diageo was after I voted. So, you really should be speaking to the 8 or so people who voted for you before I did.

Its not that people not automatically believing me that is a problem, its that most of what I have pointed out has fallen on deaf ears.

People only harp on the: Stops nefarious roleblockers.

Even though everyone knows I have a twofold power and in the previous game someone had a twofold power with a catch.

The train of votes before I could answer for myself.

But we have registered that you've said these things (most of us, anyway - people always miss some details in the discussion). It still doesn't change the fact that those who feel convinced you're mafia won't run the risk of not lynching you today and getting an unreliable investigation result that can easily be tampered with. Besides, the mafia is going to keep killing no matter what - it doesn't change anything.

We know that Jayseven misdirects, I can block him and unless there is another misdirector meddling in these affairs I can say that it could succeed.

Not that I'm saying its a fool proof plan

If you are mafia, you will just say that you will roleblock jayseven and then not do it so he can help you get a fake result. Or there is another redirector or a myriad of other powers that can tamper with results. There is definitely no guarantee we will get the right power from you, or that Dazz isn't a naive investigator. The truth is, the most evidence we have is on you, and since it's pretty solid in my eyes, I'm keeping it there. There's no rules that you need some sort of catch to your power. ReZ had an incredibly powerful role last game and was basically invincible.

I think you are mafia, nothing you can say will change that. My vote stands.

If you are mafia, you will just say that you will roleblock jayseven and then not do it so he can help you get a fake result. Or there is another redirector or a myriad of other powers that can tamper with results. There is definitely no guarantee we will get the right power from you, or that Dazz isn't a naive investigator. The truth is, the most evidence we have is on you, and since it's pretty solid in my eyes, I'm keeping it there. There's no rules that you need some sort of catch to your power. ReZ had an incredibly powerful role last game and was basically invincible.

I think you are mafia, nothing you can say will change that. My vote stands.

And if i'm not mafia, all of the above will not happen.

I know its a risk, but we are still early on and can allow ourselves to take a risk.

I would completely understand if this popped up late game but this all reaks of a "rushed" lynched.

I say rushed because this is all happening in one day in game.

And if i'm not mafia, all of the above will not happen.

I know its a risk, but we are still early on and can allow ourselves to take a risk.

I would completely understand if this popped up late game but this all reaks of a "rushed" lynched.

I say rushed because this is all happening in one day in game.

But there isn't even a risk! The point is that we can't trust tomorrow's investigation of you. We won't know if the result has been tampered with, meaning we won't be any closer to a conclusion than we are now. So ultimately it still comes down to people's gut feelings, whether we debate your lynch now or tomorrow.

And it isn't really a rushed lynch, considering for how long this debate has lasted. I don't see why it matters that it has all happened within a single in-game day.

Note that I still haven't voted for you because I'm still very much in doubt. I'm just pointing out that your arguments for not lynching you don't really hold water.